Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Any great Spider-Man comics

jonny1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Hello, fellow comic-book fans. I've read Ultimate Spider-Man (Before Peter Parker was killed off and replaced by Miles Morales) and I am interested in reading more of the series.

I must ask: Do you know any great Spider-Man comics? I'm interested in reading Kraven's Last Hunt, Nothing Can Stope The Juggernaut!, and The Night Gwen Stacey Died but are there any other great Spider-Man comics out there that are worth reading?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Spider Man no More is a great story to pick up. But it sounds like you already have some good stories.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Of one the ones you listed...

The Night Gwen Stacey Died and Karven's Last Hunt are must reads IMO.

NGSD is a little aged at this point. But its such a defining moment in Spider-Man's history. And its only two issues long.

Kraven's Last Hunt is simply one of the best Spider-Man stories ever. Top 10 easily...maybe top 5. If you like deep, dark and psychological (which is pretty rare among Spider-Man stories)...be sure you check it out asap

After that you can jump around. I love anything with Black Cat, Venom and Carnage - as well as the Sinister Six

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I recommend Spider-Men. It's a story about Peter from the 616 universe meeting Miles in the Ultimate Universe.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Here are some stories I found good besides the stories you and others have mentioned.

Spider-Man Blue great story that really gives a lot to Peter's lost of Gwen Stacy.

The Death of Jean DeWolf - One of the best team up stories with Daredevil. Sadly OMD has erased the ending however still a good story.

Spider-man 2099 - Peter Davids take on spider man set in the future. A very interesting concept and with Peter David (know for his long Hulk run) as writer it is a no brainer. It is not PP that are sent to the future but about Miguel O'Hara that are very different from PP. There has been released two tpb's so far the first one is definitely the best.

Cult of Love - Sadly not collected in a trade. Another story by Peter David the story shows the relationship between PP and Betty Brant and his feelings. It is probably not very important for the modern day understanding of PP but a nice corner to visit.

JMS* Spider-man run - It is different since it takes a more spiritual look at Spider-man but it is still very very good.

Torment - Todd Mcfarlane both as a writer and penciler probably the scariest Spider-man story ever told.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Superior Spider-man...

No, never, don't!!!

If you like Kraven, Grim Hunt is probably a very good arc for you. I love it.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything written by Stan Lee.

Good times....good times.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Kraven's Last Hunt, Ultimate Spider-Man #1-112 , anything with Norman Osborn/Green Goblin,when he returned,in 1999...... i'm sure i'll think of something more,but it's a good start.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree the Ultimate line was great for a good while!

The art was great too!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
    deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new Ultimate with Miles is really good. Check it out! If you like the original Ultimate you'll probably like the new one. Of course it's not Peter, but Miles is still a great character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.