Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

All Spider-Man PS4 Easter Eggs Thus Far

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BJParks

Let's start with the costumes shown in the trailer, and then follow with my personal observations.

Costumes

Of course, we have our Inner Demons, who are so far the only bad guys shown:

No Caption Provided

And then we have the main man, himself! (No offense, Lobo.)

No Caption Provided

Jacob Hunt (check out his content if you like comic book stuff, especially Spider-Man), made this infographic about the suit:

No Caption Provided

Additionally, although you can't see it in these shots, Peter is wearing cleat-like shoes, similar to how Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man wore thick soles.

Now, on with the show!

Summary

The trailer begins with this shot:

No Caption Provided

It is just an establishing shot, but it is important. It gives context to everything that happens next. Keep in mind these important landmarks:

No Caption Provided

The camera then pans up a street with a grocery,

No Caption Provided

adjacent to these two buildings:

No Caption Provided

That puts this street somewhere here:

No Caption Provided

And here he is. The man himself. But as you'll see, he is again in this neigborhood:

No Caption Provided

In fact, Peter doesn't seem to leave this region for the duration of the trailer.

He swings down this street with a sign for Osborn for Mayor, which is right down the street from the large building on the right with the crane close by.

No Caption Provided

Swinging by a different street, Peter passes a 24 hr. Park sign with a flag underneath.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

He then parkours his way through a diner with a Bugle stand,

No Caption Provided

Which, interestingly enough, was established in 1962. I see what you did there, Insomniac. ;)

Edit: As @ursaber (Thanks ursaber!) pointed out to me, this is likely a reference to the Coffee Bean, a restaurant where MJ, Harry, Gwen, and Peter would often dine together in college.

Also notice that on the other side of that window, a man has parked his car in the middle of the road, and walked out of it. Why? I don't know.

No Caption Provided

Peter then stops the first henchmen of the game, Mr. Negative's Inner Demons, and passes by a building (a hotel, to be exact) with elaborate ornamental designs. Also, I don't know if Peter planned this, but when he kicks the Inner Demon's gun away, the resulting spray of bullets barely misses the pedestrians. Geez, Peter!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

He then battles an Inner Demon before leaping off a ledge. In the environment is a triangularly shaped building, which is probably the Flatiron building, and a 24 hr. Park sign with a flag underneath it. Meaning the first shot of him swinging occurred between these two buildings under different lighting conditions.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The trailer cuts to a scene of police cars being totaled by escaping Inner Demons. There are a lot of landmarks in this one scene. First, the grocer's is nearby, so we know it's in the same neighborhood as all the other scenes have been. Secondly, there are two storefronts, one called Audrey's Finest, and F. E. A. S. T., run by Mr. Negative's alter-ego Martin Li. Thirdly, there is a 24 hr. Park sign, though a tree obscures what's underneath it, so it may not be the same as the previous street.

No Caption Provided

Spidey then swings underneath a platform that connects two buildings in a vibrant action sequence.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The trailer again cuts away, this time fighting Inner Demons on one (or two) rooftop(s) that yield(s) a clear view of all the landmarks visible in the establishing shot.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The last shot in the trailer focuses on Spidey slinging his way around some debris. See the yellow object? That's the crane from the establishing shot. As confirmation that this is the taller skyscraper on the right, the shorter skyscraper on the right is featured as Spidey swings upward. More importantly, the debris he's catching is a sign - a sign with a C and P that feature prominently, with P being the last letter. Oscorp.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Spider-Man then skates underneath an armored truck on the door which he ripped off earlier in the trailer, passing a building with elaborate ornamental design. Following that, he kicks an Inner Demon while they pass by a storefront with the name Finest. In other words, Audrey's Finest. Curiously, this Audrey's has a 24 hr. Park sign, attached to it instead of across from it as before. Discarding the possibility of one of the shots being an earlier build, this implies that Audrey's Finest has multiple stores across the city (as most stores do).

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Spidey continues his swing under the underpass from the previous shot, and - oh look, a grocer's! Is it the same one as before? It's hard to tell, since we only see one side of the initial pan up the street; this could be the other side.

No Caption Provided

Regardless, it's clear that the action shown in the trailer is probably all connected, given how it all takes place in the same neighborhood, features only one gang, and shows what seems to be a series of connected chase sequences. Oh, and Osborn and Oscorp are in the game.

So that's it....just kidding!

We still have two other trailers to analyze.

The first is the King Playstation spot. In it, Spider-Man merely lands on a bridge before taking out some Inner Demons.

Graphical and animation quality aside, what makes this so interesting is the sign above the bridge. It most likely says Brooklyn. Is this Insomniac's version of the infamous Brooklyn Bridge (unlikely), or does it at least lead there (quite possibly)?

No Caption Provided

The second trailer is the Playstation Pro trailer by Sony.

In it, we get a pan up yet another street. This street has again a building with elaborate ornamental design, identical to one seen in the reveal trailer. Furthermore, the building in the background has a very distinct green rooftop. It doesn't look like any building we've seen in the trailer, but it does look like one surrounding the One World Trade Center, which does feature heavily in the trailer. I looked up Spider-Man and Spring St., but the only thing I found is that Spider-Man 2 filmed on a Spring St.?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Finally, New York's Altruistic Arachnid overlooks the city.

If I missed anything, or if you can add in anyway, let me know. Hope you enjoyed!

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a bit difficult to follow when I have to upload the pictures to see it all

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a bit difficult to follow when I have to upload the pictures to see it all

Sorry! If you quote my post, you should be able to see it.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ItsaWorld

@bjparks: Yeah but you have to look at it through the comment typing area. Anyway we can make the images smaller?

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks: Yeah but you have to look at it through the comment typing area. Anyway we can make the images smaller?

I'll try.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks said:
    @itsaworld said:

I'll try.

How's that?

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks said:
    @bjparks said:
    @itsaworld said:

I'll try.

How's that?

Way better! I can now read it all!

Huh, makes you wonder how big this game's world will really be. Will we be trapped in a small area?

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BJParks

@itsaworld said:
    @bjparks said:
    @bjparks said:
    @itsaworld said:

I'll try.

How's that?

Way better! I can now read it all!

Huh, makes you wonder how big this game's world will really be. Will we be trapped in a small area?

Swell! I replaced the original.

Yeah! Or it means that either development isn't as far along, despite them working at the game for over a year, or that they're holding their cards really tight to their chest. I hope it's the latter.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.