A Leader?

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
#1 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (7064 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Spiderman lead a team?

There has been instances where he has taken the role, as in the early X-Force comic where they fought the Juggernaut, but could he really be a team leader?

#2 Posted by Slinger (5779 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure he could, but it wouldn't last very long. Spider-Man is a loner at heart, and in the long run wouldn't really have an easy time making difficult life and death decisions for the team members under him. When Spider-Man first became an Avenger he had to be reprimanded for not calling on the team to help him out of tough situations, and if he lead a team I would imagine he would have the same problem of not wanting to endanger others, and wanting to deal with the difficult problems by himself. He certainly is smart enough to lead a team for maybe one or two small adventures, but he lacks the ability to make very difficult cold hearted decisions that are sometimes necessary.

#3 Posted by speedlgt (2138 posts) - - Show Bio

He's no way a leader of a team he might be the lead in a 2 man team up but hes not the type of guy to lead a whole team I dont think he wants to make the call

#4 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

Strategically Spider-Man could come up with plans like a leader, but to get people to listen to him the way people listen to Cap or Cyclops he couldn't.

#5 Posted by Meteorite (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, he's too much of  a loner

#6 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6449 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Strategically Spider-Man could come up with plans like a leader, but to get people to listen to him the way people listen to Cap or Cyclops he couldn't."

I agree.  Plus people would think he is joking all of the time.
#7 Posted by Calvin (3583 posts) - - Show Bio
Future Web Head
Future Web Head
Well let’s see... first he would have to stop with the jokes - yes the leader can't be the comic relief.
He got the brains for plans, the heart for the partnership, but like Slinger said he may not be decisive in life/death scenarios.

Still I think he must to grow up a bit, he's somewhat immature, but at the same time very experienced.  I think is current main problem concerning leadership is that he's the type of person who only will lead if everyone else doesn't do it.
He just needs to get serious and learn to trust himself.
#8 Posted by mrsummers (102 posts) - - Show Bio

His spider sense would help him lead a team.

#9 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6449 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I just think Spidey would prefer to be a loner just so he can make the jokes.

#10 Posted by spider2dfly (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Spider-Man did lead the New Fantastic Four, but only for a short time, since it was revealed that they are alive. But then again, you don't see him leading the New Avengers..

#11 Posted by Calvin (3583 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Wilson said:
"Yeah, I just think Spidey would prefer to be a loner just so he can make the jokes."
that sounds like something spidey would say....
#12 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#13 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6449 posts) - - Show Bio
Calvin said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
"Yeah, I just think Spidey would prefer to be a loner just so he can make the jokes."
that sounds like something spidey would say...."

Yeah, lol

But if he really wanted to, I think he could. 
#14 Posted by sora_thekey (8812 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Wilson said:
"Nobody said:
"Strategically Spider-Man could come up with plans like a leader, but to get people to listen to him the way people listen to Cap or Cyclops he couldn't."

I agree.  Plus people would think he is joking all of the time."
Yeah but if Spidey were leading a team where Deadpool would be a team member!!!!! Or other characters who are know to be comedy relief then yeah he could be leader!!!!
#15 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6449 posts) - - Show Bio
sora_thekey said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
"Nobody said:

I agree.  Plus people would think he is joking all of the time."
Yeah but if Spidey were leading a team where Deadpool would be a team member!!!!! Or other characters who are know to be comedy relief then yeah he could be leader!!!!"
:)

lol
#16 Posted by Hardartist (916 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he can ever boss up a team.

#17 Posted by webslinger (61 posts) - - Show Bio

i think he can become a leader, it´s a posibility, i mean, he´s smart, thinks fast and can make up plans,, has a good sesnse of responsablity and good heart. although there are betterrones. XD

#18 Posted by Ice. (71 posts) - - Show Bio

He can lead but being to much of a loner would cause him to rely on himself more than the others. Plus, some people might not take him seriously. As the others have mention.

#19 Posted by T.J. Magnum (25922 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't see it

#20 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6449 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't  see him stepping up but if he HAD to lead a team he could.

Avatar image for danteisterrible
#21 Posted by Danteisterrible (178 posts) - - Show Bio

If wally west and dick Grayson can lead heroes like Batman and superman despite their immature and childish attitudes(plus racked with psychological issues). Then so can Peter Parker and he has, Marvel however stopped trying to make Peter a respected senior hero and basically gave up on him as a ideal heroic symbol ever since civil war and basically made him a neurotic manchild since then, who based on the current comic run, made him more immature.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.