Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17307 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

A Brand New Day

• 108 results
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By warlock360

so much for "one more day"

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Martian

Cool I was trying to get this picture earlier and post it here but couldn't.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By warlock360

"View image" then make it larger if possible and then click on "copy image location".

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Deathshroud

so he lost his increased strength . natural web shooting . stingers and night vision ...

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Deathshroud

Oh and if thats the case his spider sense is back to the beginning too..but when i read the newer comics it didnt seem to change too much anyway .

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7  Edited By The_Martian

Deathshroud says:

"so he lost his increased strength . natural web shooting . stingers and night vision ..."
    Webbing, yes. The others haven't been brought up but it can be assumed that he lost those too.
    Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Deathshroud

i wonder if that means Morlun is alive ...

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Deathshroud says:

"i wonder if that means Morlun is alive ..."

Dude, Morlun doesn't exist. Venom doesn't exist. Black Cat, doesn't exist. Nobody aftter issue 98 exists.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Deathshroud

Eternal Chaos says:

"Deathshroud says:
    Dude, Morlun doesn't exist. Venom doesn't exist. Black Cat, doesn't exist. Nobody aftter issue 98 exists."

Yeah ..thats true ..god ..No Black Cat ...that a sad world ....

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Deathshroud says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
    "Deathshroud says:
    Dude, Morlun doesn't exist. Venom doesn't exist. Black Cat, doesn't exist. Nobody aftter issue 98 exists."
    Yeah ..thats true ..god ..No Black Cat ...that a sad world ...."

I world without half those characters sucks. Thanks alot Quesada. You have officially made me hate you more than I hate Bush, n00bs, AND Superman, along with his clones.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Deathshroud

Eternal Chaos says:

"Deathshroud says:
    "Eternal Chaos says:
    "Deathshroud says:
    Yeah ..thats true ..god ..No Black Cat ...that a sad world ...."
    I world without half those characters sucks. Thanks alot Quesada. You have officially made me hate you more than I hate Bush, n00bs, AND Superman, along with his clones."

Yeah ...all rolled into one .....LOL

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Warlock360 says:

"dont u ask yourself WHY he did it before you start hating?"

I did. because he doesn't approve of MJ and Peter. There's no real reason for him to have erased everything. I can think of about 10 different ways he could've seperated them without making 30-40 years of comics un cannon.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By warlock360

dont u ask yourself WHY he did it before you start hating?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By warlock360

well it looks like he wants to write the whole story his way... IT BETTER BE GOOD!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By gmanfromheck

I posted that image on the other Spidey thread. Something to keep in mind, they're not retconning everything that has happened. Spidey did unmask himself but people just don't remember who was underneath. He's back to his webshooters so the whole OTHER thing is questionable. So things have still happened, just differently. So now we have a Spider-Man with a past we're not even sure of. Great. This issue comes out today.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eternal Chaos

G-Man says:

"I posted that image on the other Spidey thread. Something to keep in mind, they're not retconning everything that has happened. Spidey did unmask himself but people just don't remember who was underneath. He's back to his webshooters so the whole OTHER thing is questionable. So things have still happened, just differently. So now we have a Spider-Man with a past we're not even sure of. Great. This issue comes out today."

I hope The Other happened man. I hope he realises he doesn't need his web shooters anymore though.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gmanfromheck

You kind of get the feeling that they've wanted to forget about The Other. Besides the natural webbing (why did it come out his arms and not his butt?) they never really dealt with it. How often has he used his stingers? Not much. It's like they jumped the gun then didn't know what to do next (even though it was a huge multi-issue crossover). I don't know about the whole spider-totem thing.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eternal Chaos

G-Man says:

"You kind of get the feeling that they've wanted to forget about The Other. Besides the natural webbing (why did it come out his arms and not his butt?) they never really dealt with it. How often has he used his stingers? Not much. It's like they jumped the gun then didn't know what to do next (even though it was a huge multi-issue crossover). I don't know about the whole spider-totem thing."

I liked the spider-totems and I liked The Other. They could've left him with that stuff though. They didn't really know what they were doing exactly. They messed up. Point blank. Hopefully it wasn't retconned because I loved seeing Peter stronger and faster. They could've done more, but I'm not complaining.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
    Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Could somebody explain how these changes make the character better? If I wanted to read about Spider-Man living with his aunt and hanging out with Harry Osborn, I'd go find some back issues. And I notice that he's still a fugitive from the law. They took away all his Other upgrades and randomly tinkered with his history and personal life, but he's in nearly as much danger now as he was before One More Day.

And now Daredevil et al don't know his secret identity anymore. Great. The mutual trust and respect between Peter and Matt is now a thing of the past. The relationships that have been carefully forged throughout decades worth of comics are now shot to hell. God damn. Joe Q outed Peter in Civil War and then used it as a justification for this hamfisted, useless retcon. Doesn't he have any respect for his readers' intelligence? Does he think everyone who reads the comic is ten years old?

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Phorqe

I'm done with Spider-man now. I mean the clones and the symbiotes run amok in the 90's was bad enough, and now they're just taking a big stinking dump on the last 30 years of comic history. I really respected Marvel's decision to unmask Spider-man and progress the story, but now they are devolving the story trying to relive the golden years of Spider-man. Isn't that what Ultimate Spider-man is for? This is crap. I have no interest in this book, and I understand that I am going to get criticized for expressing my dissatisfaction with something that I haven't even read, but I am pretty outraged myself.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gmanfromheck

I wrote a summary so you can check it out if you want. Dan Slott is a good writer. And don't forget about Steve McNiven's art.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I read it earlier and to be honest, it's the first comic in years I haven't finished. Maybe I wasn't giving it a chance, but it's Spider-man, I shouldn't have to give Marvel's flagship title a chance. Especially since I've been reading for years. I won't be getting it again anytime soon.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gmanfromheck

Well I'm so dedicated to you guys, I'll keep reading it and let you know how it is.

Avatar image for blackcatfan1979
    BlackCatfan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlackCatfan1979

Why can't anyone come up with an original idea? Something new for a change, I'm sick of all these remakes and all this other crap because they can't come up with an original idea. DC has done this before,right? Yes I liked the comic but come on people. Let’s see something new for a change. THe way i see it they should have broke the marriage up leaving everything the same. Instead have Peter Parker wake up in a motel. No one next to him when he gets up he see's Aunt May sitting by the window. But then as he goes out to fight some crime. He winds up coming back to the Motel to find Aunt May dead of NATURAL COURSES! THere is your brand new day. Besides the REAL Mephisto would screw over parker in a heart beat. So in the end i think they got Mephisto wrong. Does anybody see Skrull written all over this? I can not accept this becuase it does not follow the current story in the marvel universe what so every. Also if they still killed Aunt May at the end of this it would have shocked everybody because no one would every expect Marvel to do that.

Ghost Of Night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ghost Of Night

Does anyone know if this whole Brand New Day thing means Spidey is no longer a new avenger???

Avatar image for blue_lantern_2814
    Blue Lantern 2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phorqe says:

"I'm done with Spider-man now. I mean the clones and the symbiotes run amok in the 90's was bad enough, and now they're just taking a big stinking dump on the last 30 years of comic history. I really respected Marvel's decision to unmask Spider-man and progress the story, but now they are devolving the story trying to relive the golden years of Spider-man. Isn't that what Ultimate Spider-man is for? This is crap. I have no interest in this book, and I understand that I am going to get criticized for expressing my dissatisfaction with something that I haven't even read, but I am pretty outraged myself."

I feel the same way as you and everyone else here, but I'm going to continue to read the book. The way I see it, they can't screw it up anymore unless they really are trying to destroy everyone's respect for the character.

Avatar image for blue_lantern_2814
    Blue Lantern 2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghost Of Night says:

"Does anyone know if this whole Brand New Day thing means Spidey is no longer a new avenger???"

Yeah, he's not a new avenger anymore.

Ghost Of Night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ghost Of Night

Blue Lantern 2814 says:

"Ghost Of Night says:
    "Does anyone know if this whole Brand New Day thing means Spidey is no longer a new avenger???"
    Yeah, he's not a new avenger anymore."

Well that really blows...he was an avenger (secret avenger) for like what 3 minutes? I really liked him with the team, he had a good chemistry with them. Crap i hope somehow he ends up with them again, maybe if Quesdeda tries to get off the stupid pedistole he seems to think he's on. I wonder what Stan thinks of all this?

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Super-Buster

Huh, well I finally got around to reading BND (don't worry, I didn't buy it) and so far, its not half bad. It's just that remembering how things got the way they are in the comic made me angry through-out the whole thing, so I didn't enjoy it thoroughly. Where does it say that Spidey's no longer part of the Avengers?

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By zero edge

So I finally read it. It was okay but does not change how I feel about OMD. Obviously with so little responses, it's neither good or bad enough to talk about.

I am intrigued about Jackpot though, and I love Greg Land's art. Maybe I'll keep reading Amazing just to read her part.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gmanfromheck
    NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By NiteFly

G-Man says:

"Check out what former writer/artist Erik Larsen had to say:
    " />http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/index.cgi?column=ofo&article=2972"

Wow. I agree with everything.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Super-Buster

NiteFly says:

"G-Man says:
    " />http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/index.cgi?column=ofo&article=2972"

Wow. I agree with everything."

Except that the first issue of BND sold out.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

NiteFly says:

"G-Man says:
    Wow." />http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/index.cgi?column=ofo&article=2972"
    Wow. I agree with everything."

As do I.

MikeHaynes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MikeHaynes

Post Deleted.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Andferne

G-Man says:

A to think Marvel let this guy go. pfft.

They need to start listening and fix this crap. imo

Airstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By Airstrike

Marvel continues to destory all their titles and characters: Captain America, Avengers, Spider-man, Vision and Scarlet Witch, X-men, Daredevil and etc. I am a big fan of continuity and right now in Marvel Universe that is as rare as the dinosaurs. I was a Marvel die hard all my life but since they destoryed(Bendis) Avengers, DC is the publisher for me. They no longer care about the fans and every story has to be the story to end them all. They can't just have a regular issue like the did in the old days. The Villians in a Brand New day are a joke. Bottom line, they are losing a lot of good fans with their garbage story lines. I am just glad I have my old comics to read to remember the good old days! Back than there was loyalty to the character and the readers.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Super-Buster

Hmm... you say Marvel is destroying all their titles and characters, and yet you only list Bendis by name, don't you think you're forgetting someone? But I agree, I about stopped reading mainstream Marvel circa Civil War, its like everything has to be an event these days or it won't attract enough attention and I'm tired of it.

Avatar image for blackcatfan1979
    BlackCatfan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BlackCatfan1979

G-Man says:

I agree with him G-Man. This story was made because of Lack of idea's. THey were lazy so they went this route. So hofefully this changes sometime this year.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41  Edited By zero edge

So did anyone bother picking up Amazing 548? I did... not to happy not seeing any Jackpot yet.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Super-Buster

Is it cheating if I read them at the store but don't buy them? I kinda get the feeling that I'm breaking the spirit of the boycott (is there an official boycott?)

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Ok, I bought all 3 Brand New Day books today. And to my surprise, they were actually pretty good. I really enjoyed how they were written. They had the classic Spider-Man feel to them, to jokes, the humor, ect. My main issue, once again is the fact that two of my favorite stories were retconned, (The Other, Back In Black) There's also no definite information as to what was retconned though. It's possible that everything up until The Other stood the same, but it's possible more than that was erased, although I doubt it. I think the majority of everything stood the same up until the Skin Deep arc (because that's the arc in which Aunt May's house was destroyed) so that's my thought. I personally enjoy how Peter was done this time around, especially giving Jameson a heart attack, that was just hilarious. So far, so good in my eyes. I'm still pissed about the retconning of those two stories, all though I do hope that eventually they get unretconned and everything goes back to normal. If I can't get all that, than I want to at least have The Other unretconned, although it would be nice for everyting to back to how it was before One More Day. If it does, I'm happy as hell, if not, I'm not as happy. Certain stories should stay, and I think Back in Black and The Other are those two stories. But once again, I enjoyed Brand New Day, it's not bad thus far, it's actually pretty good.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Copy

zero edge says:

"So did anyone bother picking up Amazing 548? I did... not to happy not seeing any Jackpot yet."

I did. I'm mad the other and the avengers disassemble got erased but yea, I agree with Ec, the story is good. I like this Negative man.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Copy says:

"zero edge says:
    "So did anyone bother picking up Amazing 548? I did... not to happy not seeing any Jackpot yet."
    I did. I'm mad the other and the avengers disassemble got erased but yea, I agree with Ec, the story is good. I like this Negative man. "

Me too. He's an interesting character. As far as 548, I wasn't surprised, she should appear in 549 or 550 though.

Knightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By Knightwing

Post Deleted.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Spiderman actually looks like a good read again. Good job Q-Dawg.

Post Edited:2008-01-28 21:42:09

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Copy

Looks cool.

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By iSHADOW

ok im having a bit of a problem...

since one more day the events of the other didnt happen. so peter never got any of his new powers so no organic webbing no spikes and no strength boost. and from what i understand avengers disassembled didnt happen, but does that mean nothing from the new avengers happened either? Peter did unmask and people remember him unmasking but they dont remember who he is..? does he remember unmasking? what a giant continuity cluster f@ck.

if someone could help me out with all that id really appreciate it.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By warlock360

lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.