Follow

Spider-Man 2099

Character » Spider-Man 2099 appears in 502 issues.

In the year 2099, Miguel O'Hara, the head of the genetics department for the Alchemax Corporation becomes the legendary hero know as Spider-Man.

The Return of 2099?

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Edited By AllNewOverseer

Ok, so the chances of 2099 making a return are becoming almost imminent, given Shattered Dimensions and TIMESTORM (which I never read). How would YOU do it? What would be your version of this "Ultimate 2099"? Me? Myself? Personally I'd have it like this; 

-Spider-Man 2099, a teen Miguel with the same personallity of the original Miguel who works along side a female Wolverine, Deadpool and Ms. Marvel all around his age in Avenger esque team ups. 
    -The return of Punisher, Doom, Ravage (Stan Lee writings), Ghost Rider and Hulk with little alterations from they're 2099 originals (though it would be cool if Punisher was bonded to the Venom symbiote) 
    -Galahad as a Captain America figure
    -Some kind of desendent of both Luke Cage and Iron Fist
    -and the Fantastic Four portrayed in an Animorphs esque fashion

AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AMS

I think they are defintely going to have to do something other than Exiles to service a constantly growing Miguel O Hara fan base.
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @Overseer said:
    "

Ok, so the chances of 2099 making a return are becoming almost imminent, given Shattered Dimensions and TIMESTORM (which I never read). How would YOU do it? What would be your version of this "Ultimate 2099"? Me? Myself? Personally I'd have it like this; 

-Spider-Man 2099, a teen Miguel with the same personallity of the original Miguel who works along side a female Wolverine, Deadpool and Ms. Marvel all around his age in Avenger esque team ups. 
    -The return of Punisher, Doom, Ravage (Stan Lee writings), Ghost Rider and Hulk with little alterations from they're 2099 originals (though it would be cool if Punisher was bonded to the Venom symbiote) 
    -Galahad as a Captain America figure
    -Some kind of desendent of both Luke Cage and Iron Fist
    -and the Fantastic Four portrayed in an Animorphs esque fashion

"

It would be interesting to read.  Having one game show 2099 is one thing, but
    another one in around a year's time??  Unthinkable!

I would like a new 2099 to pick up where the old one left off, wrap up the loose
    ends & start new stories in the 2099 future.  It doesn't have to be "2099" in the
    future universe, just that is the "era" if you will.  I think it's good for comics to
    envision a future to fight in.

However, I think they should just do one comic book. Just Marvel 2099 & cover
    a story arc on a given hero for a bit, then switch to another one, & so on.  Rather
    than get over-exposed like they did before which seemed to have canned it.
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By fodigg

I would take a Marvel 2099 book. I would take anything to keep it alive. It obviously has fans or it wouldn't be getting video games. Cyberpunk superheros ftw.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RedHoodJT

I think that this new miles morales kid in the Ultimate Universe is supposed to be reminiscent of Spidey from 2099. I have to be honest I'm not too fond of the whole killing of peter to add a new person as spider man but I'm willing to give it a shot to see how it turns out. I think that the character has promise so I'm anxious to find out. As for bringing back 2099 i am all for that. He is my favorite next to Scarlet Spider. I don't really recall the rest of the 2099 universe as being big enough to spawn a comeback for all of the characters. I think that Spidey is the only one that really had a big following. Hence why none of the others are even mentioned.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.