midnight_sun's Spider-Man 2099 #37 - It Tickled When We Kissed review

Avatar image for midnight_sun

The Death Of Dana D'Angelo

Wow! A great issue! A major event like the death of Dana deserved to be done well. Venom's a great villain in 2099 with connections to the past and mysterious connections to the 2099 characters. Finally, we have some backstory to Dana to make her more interesting - and now she's dead. Comic books...

I gave this issue 4 and a half stars. The story, like I said, was super. The art well done, with some rather nice coloring effects for the time thrown in. The cover spoof of Amazing Fantasy #15 is icing. My only regret is that Dana's dead, now that I finally got to know her. I also wish Leonardi could have been drawing for this big issue, but by issue #37, I think it's time to let him go. He's not coming back!