Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#252  Edited By buttersdaman000
@isaac_clarke said:
I felt bad for Jess.
I didnt. How is she gonna dump a dude for the guys best friend? 
Props to Jason for being bro enough to resist the urge.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By isaac_clarke
@buttersdaman000 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

I felt bad for Jess.
I didnt. How is she gonna dump a dude for the guys best friend?  Props to Jason for being bro enough to resist the urge.
Disagree:   
Jess was already having trouble with Hoyt. When she tells Hoyt she wants to end it, he throws just about every hurtful word he could before throwing her at the door. That wasn't cool. 
Much like Jason already lost his chance to be a "bro" when he was happily making out with Jess at the start of the episode. Now when she comes to his door in tears, he couldn't pay her the same respect she showed him when she sat through his whole panther episode. Instead Jason let his own lack of self control and fear of Hoyt's reaction, sending Jess out the door with the magic words. 

Jess does lose points for using Glamour on Hoyt earlier in the series and the childish fantasy of how it would go down in her head prior. But Hoyt and Jason aren't innocent.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#254  Edited By pixelized

@buttersdaman000 said:

@isaac_clarke said:
I felt bad for Jess.
I didnt. How is she gonna dump a dude for the guys best friend? Props to Jason for being bro enough to resist the urge.

After they made out though

@isaac_clarke said:

When she tells Hoyt she wants to end it, he throws just about every hurtful word he could before throwing her at the door. That wasn't cool.

He was hurt, the woman he loved, fought for, and lost his mother over just decides she wants out of the relationship. Of course he could have been a tad more PC about it, but he just took a huge loss.

@isaac_clarke said:

Now when she comes to his door in tears, he couldn't pay her the same respect she showed him when she sat through his whole panther episode. Instead Jason let his own lack of self control and fear of Hoyt's reaction, sending Jess out the door with the magic words.

Jason possibly turning into a panther is a little different from, "I left Hoyt Jason, now we can be together." Like Jason said, that's his best friend since 1st grade or whatever. I mentioned they kissed earlier after he saved her from death, but he still has her blood in him, so he wasn't really in full control of himself.

@KDarkholme said:

I know Sookie isn't dead but it was hard for me to see her get shot. Lol Who did that by the way?

I have no idea.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By isaac_clarke
@pixelized said:

He was hurt, the woman he loved, fought for, and lost his mother over just decides she wants out of the relationship. Of course he could have been a tad more PC about it, but he just took a huge loss.

Jason possibly turning into a panther is a little different from, "I left Hoyt Jason, now we can be together." Like Jason said, that's his best friend since 1st grade or whatever. I mentioned they kissed earlier after he saved her from death, but he still has her blood in him, so he wasn't really in full control of himself.

Hoyt was hurt, but he took that hurt all out on her. It's hard to give him a free pass when he brought her to tears playing off everything he knows hurts her then toss her out the door right after.  
Jason hardly has control over himself with normal women, while the blood does give him some interesting dreams and makes him clearly more attracted to her, it's not like she is running around with blood anywhere near as potent as Bill's or Eric's.
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By buttersdaman000
@isaac_clarke said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

I felt bad for Jess.
I didnt. How is she gonna dump a dude for the guys best friend?  Props to Jason for being bro enough to resist the urge.
Disagree:   
Jess was already having trouble with Hoyt. When she tells Hoyt she wants to end it, he throws just about every hurtful word he could before throwing her at the door. That wasn't cool. 
Much like Jason already lost his chance to be a "bro" when he was happily making out with Jess at the start of the episode. Now when she comes to his door in tears, he couldn't pay her the same respect she showed him when she sat through his whole panther episode. Instead Jason let his own lack of self control and fear of Hoyt's reaction, sending Jess out the door with the magic words.   

Jess does lose points for using Glamour on Hoyt earlier in the series and the childish fantasy of how it would go down in her head prior. But Hoyt and Jason aren't innocent.
I dont think it really matters if she was already having troubles with Hoyt. You dont rebound to a guys best friend ever.
I agree, the things he said to her were pretty messed up but he was hurt and he probably didnt mean it. It doesnt justify what he said though......
Yes, he accidentally gave into his vampire blood fueled urges in a time of relief.....it was a mistake.
Thats completely different. They were both just talking and when Jason felt it was getting to hot and heavy he left. Jess on the other hand went to Jasons house to act oon her urges, and Jason replied the only way he could. He had to get her out of there. 

Hoyt may not be completely innocent because of the words he said but I see no fault in Jasons actions. All he did was put Hoyt and Hoyts feelings above Jessica....the now ex-girlfriend who was trying to get in his pants.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By isaac_clarke
@buttersdaman000 said:
I dont think it really matters if she was already having troubles with Hoyt. You dont rebound to a guys best friend ever. I agree, the things he said to her were pretty messed up but he was hurt and he probably didnt mean it. It doesnt justify what he said though...... Yes, he accidentally gave into his vampire blood fueled urges in a time of relief.....it was a mistake. Thats completely different. They were both just talking and when Jason felt it was getting to hot and heavy he left. Jess on the other hand went to Jasons house to act oon her urges, and Jason replied the only way he could. He had to get her out of there.   Hoyt may not be completely innocent because of the words he said but I see no fault in Jasons actions. All he did was put Hoyt and Hoyts feelings above Jessica....the now ex-girlfriend who was trying to get in his pants.
 Hoyt meant to hurt her, that is why he got that specific with what he said in anger. If those words were from the heart, well find out in the next few episodes. 
Come now, the blood excuse is bit much. Jess is no Eric or Bill and this was days after the blood was put into him to save his life.  
At the time he was making out with her, after leaping through the air and shooting someone in the arm to save her, he wasn't caring much about his friendship with Hoyt. And given Jess' particular position, I doubt she was craving to get in Jason's pants. 
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By buttersdaman000
@isaac_clarke
I know Jess's blood probably isnt as potent as Bill or Erics but as you said above Jason can hardly control himself with normal women. The addition of blood just makes it all the more harder for him. Yes, in that one moment his friendship with Hoyt left his mind but it didnt last and Jess kissed back so im pretty sure she was thinking about jumping Jasons bones.
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#259  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Season 4 is so bad. Thank God for King Bill, aside from him, the entire season's been a waste of time.

COINRETURNSLOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#260  Edited By COINRETURNSLOT
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Season 4 is so bad. Thank God for King Bill, aside from him, the entire season's been a waste of time.

Hey now, FTBB, we discussed this!  King Bill is lame. Yes, he is better than regular Bill, but still is quite lame.    All the Sookie/Eric loving is fantastic, and should never ever end, so that instantly makes this season wonderful.   I will however say that most of the witchy stuff is kind of odd, Tara is the most annoying thing ever, and Hoyt and Jess imploding sucked,  but  that really  was bound to happen sooner or later.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By isaac_clarke
@COINRETURNSLOT said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Hey now, FTBB, we discussed this!  King Bill is lame. Yes, he is better than regular Bill, but still is quite lame.    All the Sookie/Eric loving is fantastic, and should never ever end, so that instantly makes this season wonderful.   I will however say that most of the witchy stuff is kind of odd, Tara is the most annoying thing ever, and Hoyt and Jess imploding sucked,  but  that really  was bound to happen sooner or later.
Very tired of her.  
Been hoping a vampire would suck her dry and put her down for a while now.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By Son Of Storm
@isaac_clarke said:
@COINRETURNSLOT said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Very tired of her.  Been hoping a vampire would suck her dry and put her down for a while now.
I second this.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By pixelized

@COINRETURNSLOT said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Hey now, FTBB, we discussed this! King Bill is lame. Yes, he is better than regular Bill, but still is quite lame. All the Sookie/Eric loving is fantastic, and should never ever end, so that instantly makes this season wonderful. I will however say that most of the witchy stuff is kind of odd, Tara is the most annoying thing ever, and Hoyt and Jess imploding sucked, but that really was bound to happen sooner or later.

I really enjoyed the witch stuff, though I wish it had been an arc instead of an entire season.

@isaac_clarke said:

@COINRETURNSLOT said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Hey now, FTBB, we discussed this! King Bill is lame. Yes, he is better than regular Bill, but still is quite lame. All the Sookie/Eric loving is fantastic, and should never ever end, so that instantly makes this season wonderful. I will however say that most of the witchy stuff is kind of odd, Tara is the most annoying thing ever, and Hoyt and Jess imploding sucked, but that really was bound to happen sooner or later.
Very tired of her. Been hoping a vampire would suck her dry and put her down for a while now.

Welp, it won't be Pam to do it, ha.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@pixelized said:

@COINRETURNSLOT said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I really enjoyed the witch stuff, though I wish it had been an arc instead of an entire season.

@isaac_clarke said:

@COINRETURNSLOT said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Very tired of her. Been hoping a vampire would suck her dry and put her down for a while now.

I hate Witches/Warlocks in any media because they have a lack of limits, when Willow became a witch in BTVS she started becoming boring to me. 

King Bill is the man. Easily TB's best character now that my beloved Sophie-Anne is gone. The Eric/Sookie stuff is boring lol
KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#265  Edited By KDarkholme

Eveyone knew Jessica & Hoyt would not last you could see that a mile away. I guess Bill is ok as King I really dont care he looks so old this season.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By isaac_clarke
@pixelized said:

I'm just finding this Witch stuff somewhat not making much sense. 
I can get Vampires being caught off guard by necromancy, but after I would expect guys like Eric to be blitzing and crushing their skulls with the palm of their hand. That or at least getting two snipers to point their rifles and go BAM BAM = no more witches. 

Me : "YES! GO GET HER PAM!" 
Bill :"NO!" 
Me: "Bill your breaking my heart."
KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By KDarkholme

Jason is a dog!!
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By pixelized

@isaac_clarke said:

@pixelized said:

I'm just finding this Witch stuff somewhat not making much sense. I can get Vampires being caught off guard by necromancy, but after I would expect guys like Eric to be blitzing and crushing their skulls with the palm of their hand. That or at least getting two snipers to point their rifles and go BAM BAM = no more witches. Me : "YES! GO GET HER PAM!" Bill :"NO!" Me: "Bill your breaking my heart."

There's also that thing with Russell Edgington from last season, the on camera murder of that news caster, so vamps have to be far more discreet. And since necromancy > vampirism, they kind of have their hands tied.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By isaac_clarke
@pixelized said:

There's also that thing with Russell Edgington from last season, the on camera murder of that news caster, so vamps have to be far more discreet. And since necromancy > vampirism, they kind of have their hands tied.

That was the start of the season when they sent Eric in, after that Bill seemed to still want to avoid violence but was fine with killing them. 
Honestly it just feels dumb to not have a couple of trained snipers having their sights on team witch, with Sookie keeping monitor on their minds and both her and bill packing some method of singling the Snipers in case of mental spellery going on. 

I don't know, Necromancy doesn't suddenly make speedster Vampires and slower or the Witches any faster. Although given it's fiction, involving vampires, ghosts, mediums, etc, I'm not going to really TOO over think it. =P 
Although Lafayette has been pretty funny with all this ghost stuff so far. 
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By pixelized

@isaac_clarke said:

@pixelized said:

That was the start of the season when they sent Eric in, after that Bill seemed to still want to avoid violence but was fine with killing them. Honestly it just feels dumb to not have a couple of trained snipers having their sights on team witch, with Sookie keeping monitor on their minds and both her and bill packing some method of singling the Snipers in case of mental spellery going on. I don't know, Necromancy doesn't suddenly make speedster Vampires and slower or the Witches any faster. Although given it's fiction, involving vampires, ghosts, mediums, etc, I'm not going to really TOO over think it. =P Although Lafayette has been pretty funny with all this ghost stuff so far.

Ever since last seasons finale they've been trying to regain favor with the people of Louisiana, hence why Pam didn't kill Tara outside of Merlottes while everyone was taking pictures of her. Bill is being noble in that respect. He's aware that the entire problem with Antonia is a direct result of what Eric did when Bill sent him to see what the witches were getting together to do. Also Antonia is inside of Marnie, so sniping her would have Antonia's spirit seeking a new host (maybe in Lafayette), a dead Marnie, and nothing resolved.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By isaac_clarke
@pixelized said:

Ever since last seasons finale they've been trying to regain favor with the people of Louisiana, hence why Pam didn't kill Tara outside of Merlottes while everyone was taking pictures of her. Bill is being noble in that respect. He's aware that the entire problem with Antonia is a direct result of what Eric did when Bill sent him to see what the witches were getting together to do. Also Antonia is inside of Marnie, so sniping her would have Antonia's spirit seeking a new host (maybe in Lafayette), a dead Marnie, and nothing resolved.

What stopped Pam was the camera's rolling and it's not just Louisiana, it's the world. At that point in the Graveyard fight, Bill was fine with killing Marnie and friends. There isn't anything to suggest Antonia's spirit can just find itself and hijack a medium.  
She's been quite quite for a number of decades and Marnie was using blood magic repeatedly to summon her. 
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

King Bill rules. The only shining light of a terrible season. 

That is all.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By pixelized

@isaac_clarke said:

@pixelized said:

What stopped Pam was the camera's rolling and it's not just Louisiana, it's the world. At that point in the Graveyard fight, Bill was fine with killing Marnie and friends. There isn't anything to suggest Antonia's spirit can just find itself and hijack a medium. She's been quite quite for a number of decades and Marnie was using blood magic repeatedly to summon her.

You like reiterated what I said about Pam, lol. Anyway, Bill and co weren't there to kill Antonia in the woods, that was just both sides showing that neither of them trusted one another. Marnie didn't use "blood magic" as we saw in one episode she intentionally cut herself to draw Antonia out and nothing happened, it's been more of coincidence. Lafayette didn't cut himself for Jesus' uncle nor Mavis to enter his body. Makes you think though, that Lafayette will have something to do with sending Antonia away.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By isaac_clarke
@pixelized said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@pixelized said:

What stopped Pam was the camera's rolling and it's not just Louisiana, it's the world. At that point in the Graveyard fight, Bill was fine with killing Marnie and friends. There isn't anything to suggest Antonia's spirit can just find itself and hijack a medium. She's been quite quite for a number of decades and Marnie was using blood magic repeatedly to summon her.

You like reiterated what I said about Pam, lol. Anyway, Bill and co weren't there to kill Antonia in the woods, that was just both sides showing that neither of them trusted one another. Marnie didn't use "blood magic" as we saw in one episode she intentionally cut herself to draw Antonia out and nothing happened, it's been more of coincidence. Lafayette didn't cut himself for Jesus' uncle nor Mavis to enter his body. Makes you think though, that Lafayette will have something to do with sending Antonia away.

Bill was fully prepared to put her down, when Antonia was casting her spells in her noggin Bill and friends went on their killing spree. 
Didn't Jesus' family shaman(uncle?) mentioned something about Marnie blood letting to have Antonia possess her? And if I recall it wasn't just cutting herself for fun, she was saying her spells and the like too. 
Lafayette is a lot more potent of a medium than Marnie, given every time Antonia came to their rescue he was there, as he was there for them to pull off any decent feats with magic till Antonia started running the show. Lafayette probably is going to have his magic potential explored quite some bit and I wouldn't be surprised if he puts the entire covenant to shame.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By pixelized

@isaac_clarke said:

@pixelized said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@pixelized said:

Bill was fully prepared to put her down, when Antonia was casting her spells in her noggin Bill and friends went on their killing spree.

Again reiterating, lol. Neither side trusted one another, so not only did they not come alone to meet, they had minor preparations for "just in case anyone tries something."

All Marnie did was call out to Antonia, whom she believed was a goddess at the time, and asked for her help or guidance or something, I don't remember exactly. She didn't cut herself to do it though. Marnie has tried to use her blood while casting a spell, but she ended up just getting frustrated when nothing happened.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By buttersdaman000

So.....worst season finale ever?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#277  Edited By TheCrowbar
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By buttersdaman000

@TheCrowbar said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

So.....worst season finale ever?

Tara died making the best season finale ever.

Even if she were ( which I bet she isnt or at least not permanently) the finale still blowed. Hard. Like a pro.

The writers were most definitely on some good stuff because they obviously fudged up and made some stupid situations.

Jesus dying like that? Lafayette taking his powers? Ominous warnings about Terry? (Although Renee coming back was awesome) Debbie and Tara (?!) just dying like that? The overall lameness of the plot?

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By KDarkholme

There is nothing wrong with Tara, the only person that really needed to die was Marnie. I read somewhere that Tara will be back for the 5th season and the 4th season was the worst out of them all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.