Follow

Sonic

Character » Sonic appears in 966 issues.

Sonic is a hedgehog gifted with the power of Speed, he is based on the character in the Sonic the Hedgehog video games that are made by Sega and Sonic Team.

Sonic The Hedgehog 4

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By ReverseNegative

It's been confirmed: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 is releasing in summer 2010. This topic is just to discuss your thoughts on it.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Death Certificate

ofaaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ofaaron

I'd really prefer them to advance what they started with the Sonic Adventure games. They put out two great 3D Sonic games, then lost a console, and put out nothing but crap so far as console games for a few years. Then Sonic Unleashed came along and was actually pretty damn good. The were-hog part was enough for most people to condemn it though, and the industry at large turned a blind eye to one of the best Sonic games in years. It was average, but in terms of 3D Sonic games lately, average is gold. I'd really like them to take it and polish the hell out of it. There is really something worth-while there.

This game is not really paving any new streets. Sonic has been successful in 2.5D on the PSP with Sonic Rivals, and  on the DS with Sonic Rush (may have been just regular 2D, now that I think about it). And there were even great regular 2D Sonic games on the GBA with the Sonic Advance series, that incorporated characters from the Sonic Adventure series. All of these games were great Sonic games reminiscent of the classic style. This one looks just as good, but i don't know why everyone is treating it as a return to form, as if Sega hasn't been putting out similar games for years. 

This is not the type of game Sega hasn't proved they can do. In fact its very obvious they can do it just fine.

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Death Certificate
    @Edamame:
    Yes
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Death Certificate

@ofaaron:
    I liked sonic unleashed as well, but the gaming community hates sonic and because of their hate, the advance and rush series often get looked down for not being like the classics. This game was made to show these anti's that SEGA can still make good sonic games.

zero man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By zero man

cool

zero man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By zero man

i  miss these

No Caption Provided
    the choe
    CadeShanley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By CadeShanley

When does it come out dude!?!

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Defo gonna buy this

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to update 

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @ofaaron said:
    " I'd really prefer them to advance what they started with the Sonic Adventure games. They put out two great 3D Sonic games, then lost a console, and put out nothing but crap so far as console games for a few years. Then Sonic Unleashed came along and was actually pretty damn good. The were-hog part was enough for most people to condemn it though, and the industry at large turned a blind eye to one of the best Sonic games in years. It was average, but in terms of 3D Sonic games lately, average is gold. I'd really like them to take it and polish the hell out of it. There is really something worth-while there. This game is not really paving any new streets. Sonic has been successful in 2.5D on the PSP with Sonic Rivals, and  on the DS with Sonic Rush (may have been just regular 2D, now that I think about it). And there were even great regular 2D Sonic games on the GBA with the Sonic Advance series, that incorporated characters from the Sonic Adventure series. All of these games were great Sonic games reminiscent of the classic style. This one looks just as good, but i don't know why everyone is treating it as a return to form, as if Sega hasn't been putting out similar games for years.   This is not the type of game Sega hasn't proved they can do. In fact its very obvious they can do it just fine. "
    Yeah, they should continue stuff like Unleashed. Without the Werehog.
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By MrDirector786

I'm glad Sonic 4 is out now and all, but there's another game I wish Sega would release that many fans have been waiting 16 years for... STREETS OF RAGE 4!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.