Follow

Sonic

Character » Sonic appears in 966 issues.

Sonic is a hedgehog gifted with the power of Speed, he is based on the character in the Sonic the Hedgehog video games that are made by Sega and Sonic Team.

How Good is the Archie Sonic comic series?

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MrDirector786

In the past few weeks, I've been renewing my interest in Sonic by playing some of the classic Genesis games and the GOOD 3D games. I've heard from some people that the Archie series is pretty good and so I've thought about reading it. Some people who are Sonic fans who think most Sonic games suck say they read the comics instead. So I was just wondering how good it is.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Death Certificate
    @MrDirector786:
    Well I doubt your gonna find someone on this board to answer that question, but I can suggest alternative that is sonic universe. That comic mainly puts focus on the video games characters.It more of a nice way for noobs to get into archie.
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MrDirector786
    @Death Certificate said:
    " @MrDirector786: Well I doubt your gonna find someone on this board to answer that question, but I can suggest alternative that is sonic universe. That comic mainly puts focus on the video games characters.It more of a nice way for noobs to get into archie. "
    I see. Thanks. I'm not that surprised that no one answered this till now since I know very few people who read the Archie series. According to some of the other threads in this forum, it does seem pretty good though.
    Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Hazlenaut

Internet helps with the interest it did for me. This video is what made me hook  

Here is the catch up if you need to know what is happening.     it started out childish but due satam ending it got serious     

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrDirector786
    @Hazlenaut: 
    Thanks for sharing those videos. The second video was pretty interesting, especially that part where he's one of the few title characters to support his own title as well as others like Superman or Batman.
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Hazlenaut: Awesome video! It's interesting that Sonic is one of the longest running title characters to have his own ongoing series.
    Iju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Iju

its worth a camel's poop ball in a snakes toilet, burned in hell, and even THEN i don't want it. the sonic comics mess up EVRYTHING about sonic. they just plain suck.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrDirector786

@Iju said:

its worth a camel's poop ball in a snakes toilet, burned in hell, and even THEN i don't want it. the sonic comics mess up EVRYTHING about sonic. they just plain suck.

What don't you like about them exactly?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By BatteredArmor

It's okay, a little above meh, I might go as far as to call it good but that might be a stretch

Iju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Iju

@MrDirector786: i hate them so much, because of the horrible storylines, bad new characters. the animation makes everyone (especially sonic) look ugly. hey, im not those stupid fangirls who think sonic is sexy and cute and all that, but i kind think the point of sonic's looks was to not make him look SO ugly.

P.S got my flash scans yet? :)

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Dex_Starr

@MrDirector786 said:

In the past few weeks, I've been renewing my interest in Sonic by playing some of the classic Genesis games and the GOOD 3D games. I've heard from some people that the Archie series is pretty good and so I've thought about reading it. Some people who are Sonic fans who think most Sonic games suck say they read the comics instead. So I was just wondering how good it is.

It's slow at the start then picks up around issue 40, then gets lame again around issue 70 because the plot is inconsistent, then picks up again around issue 150. At the present time I enjoy it but it may be the Sonic fanboy in me.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrDirector786

@Iju said:

@MrDirector786: i hate them so much, because of the horrible storylines, bad new characters. the animation makes everyone (especially sonic) look ugly. hey, im not those stupid fangirls who think sonic is sexy and cute and all that, but i kind think the point of sonic's looks was to not make him look SO ugly.

P.S got my flash scans yet? :)

I don't really see any problems with the artwork at all. It looks fine to me. I think the storylines are better than the stories told in the games. The games stories aren't bad but they do leave quite a few plot holes. The comics I think do a better job of answering questions to the plot. I also like a lot of the characters present in the comics and I kind of wish some of them would appear in games.

Sorry, I don't have it yet. I've seen him do it before though. It was from a pretty old Flash issue but I can't remember which issue exactly. All I remember was it was an issue from the 1960s. I'm pretty sure he's also done it in more recent years too, though. In case it takes me a while to find it, I have some other Flash feats like one where he runs so fast he skips ahead in time. When I have access to a scanner, I can show that one to you.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrDirector786

@Dex_Starr said:

@MrDirector786 said:

It's slow at the start then picks up around issue 40, then gets lame again around issue 70 because the plot is inconsistent, then picks up again around issue 150. At the present time I enjoy it but it may be the Sonic fanboy in me.

I've been reading the comics for some time. I think the current story is pretty good. Still need to get the latest two issues, though. Right now, I'm reading some of the older stuff and I'm up to about issue 60 or so but I've also been collecting the more recent issues since about issue 213.

Iju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Iju

.@MrDirector786

: honestly, the comics annoy the CRAP out of me! but watever floats your boat bro...

and uh hope you "find" those scans fast! XD also if you dont have a clear idea of what the doppler effect is here is a video demonstration :)

http://youtu.be/aBQiTqmfCFk?t=19s

see how the blue aura surrounds sonic at the time 0:19

THIS is what it looks like!!!!!

if it is RED! this means he is traveling SUB-sonic (speed of sound) speeds

only BLUE is acceptable!

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrDirector786

@Iju:

So what you want is for me to find a scan of Flash creating a blue aura around himself from how fast he's going? First off, that was gameplay mechanic and second Sonic wasn't going at light speed at all in any part of that video. If what you want is Flash making a blue aura around himself from his speed, I've never seen him cause such a thing but that could just be because of the artist or something. He's gone lightspeed and even faster on numerous occasions whereas Sonic has not.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hazlenaut

@MrDirector786: technically he did go to light-speed once but he needed tech to do it. It did result to him have green eyes. He needed to restore time of mobius. I am just being accurate. he has several other abilities and besides there several other that make the comic good. He did had more interesting fight with alternate reality version of himself.

No Caption Provided
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrDirector786

@Hazlenaut: I see. Thanks for clarifying.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hazlenaut

There have been several reviews of this series. It seems hard to find one that has control over their fanboy/fangirl side. Iju is one example preferring the games and not giving a fair review of the Archie series.

gconn501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I've been reading the Sonic comics ever since I was six or seven years old and even now, at 18, I still love the series. I'll admit that the first issues were pretty corny and meant for kids but as it progressed it got a lot more serious. I've played nearly all the games and in all honesty think that they should take some story writing tips from the comic book writers because aside from Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, the stories have been absolutely horrible. The gameplay has only picked up since Sonic Colors.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.