Best at CQC

#1 Posted by DragonGateAcer (5463 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering who you thought was the best at CQC in the metal gear games the most obvious contenders being Solid Snake, Big Boss, the Boss and Liquid Snake so who do you think is the best CQC fighter?

#2 Posted by zero edge (3991 posts) - - Show Bio

This obviously has to go The Boss > Big Boss (Those two created CQC, but the Boss is still better), then it's Solid and Liquid, who are pretty much the same.

#3 Posted by kal-el09 (78 posts) - - Show Bio

of course the boss,big boss, i'm not sure if snake is better than liquid...i'm not saying he sucks, but in mgs 4 he does get beat pretty quick by liquid ocelot during that cutscene

#4 Posted by GTG12 (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

boss, big boss, solid, then liquid
#5 Posted by Caligula (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

Big Boss, Boss, Solid, Volgin, Raiden, Solidus, then Liquid.

#6 Posted by nickzambuto (28551 posts) - - Show Bio

CQC is a complicated thing. It's not as easy as A>B>C>D, mainly because CQC is divided into two different categories: armed and unarmed.

Going strictly by showings, Liquid is the best as armed CQC. Old Snake's CQC fight in Big Mama's place is far more impressive than Naked Snake's fight against the Ocelot unit, and Liquid pwned Snake in armed CQC. So, for armed, it's gotta be Liquid>Solid>Naked. I'm not including The Boss because she's never gotten into any armed fights.

Unarmed, The Boss>Naked>Solid>Liquid. The Boss owned Naked in H2H combat, who got Snake into a CQC hug, who beat Liquid both in MGS1 and 4.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.