Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

Is that you, Hawkgirl?
     Is that you, Hawkgirl?

The wings are going to flap and the bullets are going to fly in this upcoming season of SMALLVILLE as both Hawkgirl and Deadshot’s appearances have been confirmed by Splash Page. Respectively, the characters will be played by Iranian-Canadian beauty queen Sahar Biniaz and former-OC regular Bradley Stryker. Seeing the characters mentioned together like this really makes me think that their pairing would make for a truly bizarre issue of THE BRAVE & THE BOLD.

These final seasons of SMALLVILLE are really starting to remind me of JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED, as it’s looking like the producers had to keep everything relatively understated at the beginning, but now that they know they’re finishing, so they’re pulling out every DCU character they’ve ever wanted to use. In addition to these two, viewers will also see Darkseid, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle and the return of both Hawkman and Supergirl.  I still think it’s strange how this throng of costumed characters will appear in this show’s continuity before Superman’s debut, but what do I know? == TEASER ==

It’s funny that Deadshot’s finally getting his… well… shot at on screen, this way. I still say that the character ought to be one of the villains featured in BATMAN 3. Out of all the baddies in Batman’s rogues gallery, he’s one of the handful that could work in the movies’ realistic, understated milieu while still keeping enough of his gimmick to make him interesting. Who knows? Tom Welling may never get to play Superman in the movies, but Stryker (who, by the way, has to have the most role-appropriate name ever) could wind up squaring off against Christian Bale in the theater.

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of HYBRID BASTARDS! & UNIMAGINABLE. Order them on Amazon here & here.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NightFang3

Awesome! 

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Magian

I'm guessing that Hawkman will be searching for her in this season and I'm guessing somewhere in the Middle East from what I saw in the promos and the actress they chose. As for why the producers are putting all these characters in the last season, I think they are trying to find a potential spin-off. I wouldn't mind seeing a spin-off about the Hawks.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bruce Vain

Love the choice for Hawkgirl especially her being part persian :D  

Not crazy about the actor they got for Deadshot. Doesn't really look like him to me. 

It's great Blue Beetle and Booster will be in it. Though I think it should have not just the new Blue Beetle but the old Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) as well. Show the friendship between him and Booster. 

Still not crazy on how they're gonna do Darkseid though. With him not really being like the Darkseid in the comics from what they said. If he's gonna look like Voldemont (I'm guessing) , however you spell  his name. They really screwed the pooch on that one.
    lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#4  Edited By lostlantern13
    @Bruce Vain:  Darkseid's been in human bodies before. It'll be interesting to see how they pull it off. It'll be better than Galactus from the Fantastic 4 Movie...that's for sure.
    Nick-SV(ril)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Nick-SV(ril)

Wow, they really are trying to raise the final season to the heavens with all these appearances. Now I'm just curious about the suits those characters will and if appear with. Especially about Booster Gold and now Deadshot. Cause we know how Hawkgirl is gonna look like,since we had her "mate" in the show before, and I doubt if we get much of Darkseid, maybe a little in the end. 
    About Blue Beetle though. Is he supposed to be Ted Kord or not? Assuming he's appearing together with Booster. Cause I remember someone mentioned in the Smallville board that Geoff is gonna use the version of Beetle's suit as seen in that live action teaser? 

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By FoxxFireArt

"Miss Tourism Queen International"? Wow, they have pageants for everything. There needs to be a Comic Vine Pageant!......not really.

I haven't watched this show in a loooong time. It could be interesting to see how they would do Darkseid's Omega Beams.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Magian
    @Nick-SV(ril): From what I know he will use the Jaime Reyes version but I don't know if he will use the suit from the teaser.
    Nick-SV(ril)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nick-SV(ril)
    @ComicMan24 said:
    " @Nick-SV(ril): From what I know he will use the Jaime Reyes version but I don't know if he will use the suit from the teaser. "
    Ah, ok. Sucks it's not gonna be Ted then
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NightFang3
    @ComicMan24 said:

" @Nick-SV(ril): From what I know he will use the Jaime Reyes version but I don't know if he will use the suit from the teaser. "

I heard they were gonna use both Jaime Reyes and Ted Kord as the Blue Beetle. 
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Magian
    @Nick-SV(ril):@NightFang: I think they are gonna hint about Ted's existence.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NightFang3
    @ComicMan24 said:

" @Nick-SV(ril):@NightFang: I think they are gonna hint about Ted's existence. "

I think they'll show Ted in flashbacks with Booster Gold.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Magian
    @NightFang said:
    " @ComicMan24 said:

" @Nick-SV(ril):@NightFang: I think they are gonna hint about Ted's existence. "

I think they'll show Ted in flashbacks with Booster Gold. "
    It's possible.
    Nick-SV(ril)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nick-SV(ril)

Now that's interesting.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NightFang3
    @Nick-SV(ril) said:
    " Now that's interesting. "
                 Indeed it would be.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Really looking forward to this season. I hate when shows that have been on forever just fade away, at least Smallville is going out with a bang.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

#16  Edited By shawn87

i cant wait...i really wanna see Booster Gold. Deadshot will be awesome as well. And then with Darkseid coming at the end....this season is gonna be great

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eyz

Well, I hope Hawkgirl on screen will look great~
    I'm a big fan of the Hawks! (specially since Geoff Johns reboot)

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By Cherry Bomb

The actress is beautiful :D she's gonna be an awesome Hawkgirl!

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel
    @NightFang said:
    " @ComicMan24 said:

I heard they were gonna use both Jaime Reyes and Ted Kord as the Blue Beetle.  "
    I really hope it's Ted. I think the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle is one of the best new characters in years, but given that he's paired with Booster it has to be Ted.
    Zero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zero1

I can't wait for this season to start, just love it.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Namor1987

I got to say it like this as long the lady ain't all T&A & can actually act I'm good

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

The kid from The O.C. you say? Intriguing

Avatar image for the_avenging_angel
    The Avenging Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, is it just me or does anyone else think that Batman's about to show up on Smallville?! I mean first they have an episode called "Lazarus"; which makes me think of Lazarus Pits (which would explain how Jonathan Kent comes back....and Lazarus Pits are of course something that Ra's al Ghul uses. And NOW, Deadshot's about to be on the show too?! COME ON! Let's get that World's Finest team-up on Smallville!!

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @The Avenging Angel: Lazarus has more meanings than Lazarus Pits, Lazarus is based off the man Lazarus who Jesus resurrected from the dead in The Gospel of John it refers to rebirth and renewal.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NightFang3
    @Cosmic Sentinel said:
    " @NightFang said:
    " @ComicMan24 said:

I heard they were gonna use both Jaime Reyes and Ted Kord as the Blue Beetle.  "
    I really hope it's Ted. I think the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle is one of the best new characters in years, but given that he's paired with Booster it has to be Ted. "
                  Yeah but it would be cooler if it was both of them.
    XFan616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By XFan616

I'm surprised at Darkseid showing up. He's the only character so far that seems blatantly outside of the Smallville norm. 

Also worth mentioning, Michael Shanks who played Daniel Jackson in all the Stargate movies and TV shows is gonna be Hawkman. I'm pretty excited:D

caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27  Edited By caesarsghost

Remind me to watch the Darkseid episode- I want to see how they handle the best villain ever. I know speaking in superlatives is often discouraged, but come on, Darkseid is amazing.  

And the Reyes Blue Beetle should be good... dont get me wrong, Kord was great, but I was introduced to the Beetle mainly as Reyes.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheMess1428

Deadshot was already in Batman: Gotham Knight. It'd be pointless to be in Batman 3.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By RedK

how can Hawk girl appear shes supposed to dead, unless this is another reincarnation and she can only remember some stuff, wonder if BB and Booster are going to in the same episode or if booster has traveled back to supermans past. all in all this looks like it's going to be an awesome season

darkking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By darkking

i like deadshot  but   what   about cyborg superman also parasite and riot  , forgot one more alan scott .
    ForbushBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ForbushBug

Looking at a few other Sahar pics, I think she'd make a pretty good Wonder Woman if that ever gets out of developmental hell.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#32  Edited By jakob187

Smallville's last season strategy:  pull in as many DCU characters and see which one sticks.  Develop new show about that character.  End transmission. 

I stopped watching Smallville around season 7 or so....whichever one was before Doomsday showed up on the show.  Sorry, but that killed it for me, no matter how well they worked him into the show or not.

Aspenite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#33  Edited By Aspenite

Hot!

WilliamHenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WilliamHenry
    @TheMess1428 said:
    " Deadshot was already in Batman: Streets of Gotham. It'd be pointless to be in Batman 3. "
    Wait, what? So because a character was used in a Batman book, it can't be used in the movies?
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheMess1428
    @Pizza Time: Sorry I meant Batman: Gotham Knight. The animated movie that served as the story in between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @lostlantern13 said:
    " @Bruce Vain:  Darkseid's been in human bodies before. It'll be interesting to see how they pull it off. It'll be better than Galactus from the Fantastic 4 Movie...that's for sure. "

I don't know dude - I was at the panel and from what they were saying didn't sound all that enticing to me. It sounded more like he's gonna be more like a dark entity then being a ruler of another planet. Especially from when I watched the trailer they played. I had high hopes they were gonna make look like Darkseid from the comics like they did with Doomsday.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By goldenkey

I can't wait to see how they do Darkseid they did such a bad job with Doomsday.
    Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By Constantine

cool

Bats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bats

Been waiting for Deadshot to make an appearance.
    He's one of the coolest, most interesting DC characters out there.
    Definitely can't wait.

Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

First Brainiac 5, New Gods (Granny Goodness, Dessad, Glorious Godfrey, and Darkseid), Rick Flag, Booster Gold, Ted and Jaime/Blue Beetle, now DEADSHOT AND HAWKGIRL? Wow. I guess that the show will end will a uch bigger bang than I thought.

LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LP

IT'S A BIG ONE! Can't wait, It's gonna work. The only thing I'm wondering now is how Hawkgirl will be involved if she was stated as being killed in action back in the Society's days during the JLA episode.

SpiderMew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SpiderMew

A beauty queen? Really? Does she have any acting exprence or did she get the job for her tits?
    roxamilli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By roxamilli

This show has been on for such a long (since i was in elementary school and now i'm a sophmore) time! but it's kind of cool for these characters to be introduced even though it's ending. But it's not like we don't know that Clark and Lois will get married or something and he'll finally put on the Superman costume.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.