Follow

Smallville

Location » Smallville appears in 1203 issues.

The hometown of Superman, and his high school sweetheart Lana Lang.

The Fate of Chloe Sullivan on SMALLVILLE

Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman

Perhaps you'll come to associate her more with another character in time?
     Perhaps you'll come to associate her more with another character in time?

The last news concerning Chloe Sullivan’s future on SMALLVILLE concerned the show’s producer’s optimism regarding her return for the tenth season. It came down to contract negotiations with Allison Mack, with the spectre of her character’s possible death in the upcoming Season 9 finale. Legendary Chloe fans can breathe easier. It looks like she won’t die. She’ll be back for Season 10, but not as a regular.

If that sounds confusing, perhaps this statement Mack issued to EW’s Ausielo Files blog will clear things up. 
     == TEASER ==

“It’s amazing to think that Chloe Sullivan and I have been one and the same for over a third of my life… I’m truly humbled by the love and loyalty of all the fans whose enthusiasm has carried me — along with a cast and crew that has become my second family — over the past nine and a half years. Out of respect for the amazingly loyal fans and the place I will always have in my own heart for Chloe, I’m coming back for several episodes next season to tie up Chloe’s Smallville legacy properly. It’s been a life-changing ride… and I look forward to what lies ahead with the strength of a ‘superhero’ as my foundation.”

She probably could’ve remained as a series regular for another season (or more), but the girl’s been playing the same part for almost a decade, now. Surely, she wants to try other things. Actually, reading into the statement a little more, she doesn’t entirely rule out the possibility of Chloe dying. She could die and the scattered appearances throughout the next season could be flashbacks of the character or appearances of her ghost.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

this is sad, oh well its the last season anyway. As long as Clark wears the Supes outfit and flies by the end, I'll be happy
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Cherry Bomb

I really hope Chloe has a big role in the next season. And that they treat her character well. If they kill her, I'd want her too die fighting and with dignity. (:   - Chloe has been my favourite part of 'Smallville' and she deserves to see the show through to it's end.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Am a bit of both. I congratulate her on her part, she played it amazingly. She was very loyal indeed, and I hope the best for her. I just would like to see Martian Manhunter in her place now. And head more into a Justice League style series. I hope she doesn't die, but if she did I wouldn't be overly sad. She keeps saying she'll die for him, who knows maybe she will.

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jordanstine

Oh how I used to love watching Smallville... until Lois and Season 4 came along; I haven't kept up since.   

But Chloe was my favorite character simply because she plays the "I'm the girl Clark should really be with".  Not to mention, I didn't like Lana... no let me rephrase that... HATED Lana, not to mentionthe annoying ms. Lois.   

Since the show's coming to an end, I might pick up Season 5 through Season 8 on DVD (probably around Black Friday when they're only $12) to catch up.
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EnSabahNurX

I'm thinking she'll die half way through the season, but I hope its a respectful send off and not a cheesy 2second moment because she is the only character to have been on the show since day one and her character has grown and become freakin awesome. Maybe she will get her powers back O_O and will use them in some massive way lol never know.

Or maybe they will give her some higher calling thing like they did to lana and make her a superhero or she could take on another identity hence the reason for her not being known in the future, she could secretly be another DC character with an altered back story.

I just hope she doesn't die because she is my favorite character on the show

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I HATE THIS! I HATE THIS! I HATE THIS!

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MKF30

She doesn't have to die, she could but I don't think she will...I think she can just come back here and there for a respectful send off... 

I think she's a cool character, but I agree MMH has to take her place as Watch Tower like he has in the cartoons and comics.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Zack Freeman:  Hahaha quick, but not quick enough ;)
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEGRAAF

she might not be in all of them but i hope she is in the last three at least
    deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

What a shame for the last regular cast member other than Tom Welling. I would hope that she wouldn't die, that's been kinda the easy was out. At least for Lex, Lionel, and Jimmy, just to name a few. I would hope they do better than with Lana - now the Kryptonite Girl. What if...they opened up a wormhole to another universe and she got stuck there?...

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By sora_thekey
    @Cherry Bomb said:
    " I really hope Chloe has a big role in the next season. And that they treat her character well. If they kill her, I'd want her too die fighting and with dignity. (:   - Chloe has been my favourite part of 'Smallville' and she deserves to see the show through to it's end. "
    I totally agree, she's the reason I watch this show...
    The other thing I really want for it to happen in Smallville before Chloe goes is for people to acknowledge she is ORACLE!
    This is another universe of DC, and the stories are changed already why can't they make her ORACLE!!!!
    I love Chloe!
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By Cherry Bomb
    @sora_thekey said:
    " @Cherry Bomb said:
    " I really hope Chloe has a big role in the next season. And that they treat her character well. If they kill her, I'd want her too die fighting and with dignity. (:   - Chloe has been my favourite part of 'Smallville' and she deserves to see the show through to it's end. "
    I totally agree, she's the reason I watch this show... The other thing I really want for it to happen in Smallville before Chloe goes is for people to acknowledge she is ORACLE! This is another universe of DC, and the stories are changed already why can't they make her ORACLE!!!! I love Chloe! "
    I had an idea where .... Chloe dies and her conscience is transfered into the Watchtower ... where she becomes the eyes and ears of the city, A guide for all of it's heroes. ^_^  like, JARVIS from Iron Man or Barbara Gordon.
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @sora_thekey: O_O wasnt she called oracle before during the show then she become watchtower
    Aquamariner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aquamariner

You mean Smallville is finally getting canceled?!?!  Well I can only say: FINALLY, and Good Riddance!!!

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By sora_thekey
    @EnSabahNurX:  She was? I don't remember...
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bruce Vain

It's funny I use to not stand her cause she was always up Clark's ass. But that was when she didn't know his secret. So since then she's a big help of his & I've grown to love. I was pleased to see her live.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By joshmightbe

i like smallville i just wonder why people couldnt just accept it as an alternate reality i know some times the show wasnt great but every show has that problem in a way its sad that chloe is leaving but most knew shed be gone before he became superman i do agree its long past time for clark to fly and wear the uniform

greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By greenenvy

Bruce Wayne, Clark's superman costume but at the very end of season 10 and then maybe either the return of lex Luther or Dark side are these things I want to see for the final.    

grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By grimreaper1980

i heard from an anonomous source that she is gonna be in scream 4, that would explain why she's not gonna be a season 10 regular, cause the're busy making it right now

lonefang6x6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lonefang6x6

i'd rather she get cloned, and then her clone's memories will be wiped clean so she can start with a new identity

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By TheMess1428

She didn't only do Smallville for the last 9 years. She was also the voice of Power Girl in Superman/Batman: Public Enemies.

Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nyogtha
    @greenenvy: The last few episodes they kept mention the coming "Apocalypse" so they will probably bring in Doomsday.
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Thor's hammmer

they should bring in darkseid
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @Nyogtha:  Well all the rumors and the old woman(granny goodness) suggest Darkseid, doubt they would bring doomsday back since the next battle between clark and him will be clarks death
    Brickabrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Brickabrack

Allison Mack has been probably the best actress on the show. Every time she makes those puppy dog eyes you just want to hug her. 

That said, Smallville is way too formulaic. 10 years ago the creators of the series envisioned a show documenting Clark Kent's life before he became Superman. So they used the phrase "no tights, no flights." to help describe that period. 10 years later, 90% of the people who were involved with the origional idea have moved on to other projects, and the people who have taken over are now taking the "no tights, no flights" creed way too literally.  

It no longer makes sense for Clark Kent to not fly, and not wear his costume. He's in Metropolis now. He works at the Daily Bugle. He's in love with Lois Lane. The only thing that connects him to Smallville anymore is the nickname Lois calls him, and the fact that inexplicably, he still lives on his farm in Kansas, which apparently borders Metropilis (a few hours drive away?), which means Metropolis is in Kansas or near it's border? 

In any case, the show has had a good run, but it's stagnated  irreparably. If they want to continue this, they should cancel Smallville and    start filming a Superman series. Better yet, make a Batman series about HIS training years. That would be cool.
    spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By spiderguylll

KILL HER! She's holding Superman back....He depends on her 2 much

mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mattydeNero
    @Aquamariner said:
    "You mean Smallville is finally getting canceled?!?!  Well I can only say: FINALLY, and Good Riddance!!! "

Wow.  It lasted 10 seasons, broski.  Cancelled shows would be "Heroes" or "Birds of Prey" or any other comic-based/superhero television show in the past 20 years.   It's going to be in Friends and MASH territory as far as the length of the series.

They announced it was the final season because there's really not much left for Clark to do before flying and rocking the real "S".  They didn't have too.  If the ratings were as good as this year, we could've possibly seen a season 11.  But for me--who struggled through the teen-angst drama in seasons 1, 2, and even 3 to get to the current steady awesomeness--I definitely think this is a good move.  Enjoy. 

Now on to Allison Mack, she desrves a break from any super-uge fan of hers and/or the show.  She's been the most devoted cast member to go to the cons and answer any fan questions, etc.  Although I think that she will always be Chloe to me and the rest of the nation of viewers, I'm looking forward to see where she turns up. 

What would I do to the character?  Effin' kill the crap out of her. :)  We've all been expecting it for years.  I think it'd be good to do around episode 19 or 20, a few before the finale.  Sign Rosenbaum up for 3 or 4 episodes and booyah, awesomeness.
    Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By EisforExtinction

I never liked Smallville. I did like Opposite Sex though which she was on when she was... 16 or 17.

Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lustwish

How would this be any sort of spoiler? cmon!

DarkSyde79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DarkSyde79

I always thought there was no place for Chloe in the Superman mythos. But Smallville has created its own mythos and I think there is a place for her and death might not be the only option for her character. 

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NightFang3
    @cattlebattle said:
    " this is sad, oh well its the last season anyway. As long as Clark wears the Supes outfit and flies by the end, I'll be happy "
                 And if they bring back Lex.
    ArachKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ArachKnight
    @Thor's hammmer said:
    "they should bring in darkseid "

K so I dont watch TV so I don't know if I can post but I have heard from a co-worker who watches the show that there was an old lady in the season finale? A possible -Granny Goodness ? The person I work with asked me who Granny Goodness was because on a TV website alot of the comments thought it was her. So Maybe, I guess?  
    moxie-lane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By moxie-lane

truthfully over the last two seasons i have learned to hate chole. I used to loveh er as Clark's friend and Lois' good cousin and a helper to everyone. But she turned into a real butt the last few seasons and she is using people a lot and i dont think some of her emotions are true sometimes. I'm glad they are wrapping up her character and getting to a lot of the basics

ILuvMsMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ILuvMsMarvel
    @Brickabrack said: Better yet, make a Batman series about HIS training years. That would be cool. "

While Batman Begins did a good job of covering the basics of it, I think it would be cool to have a Batman "the early years" show.  I mean, they're making "The Cape" for crying out loud. Bring Batman back to TV, and not as a cartoon. Not that I have anything against cartoons, quite the opposite, but Batman on TV...live action.

kalel60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kalel60

why dump your paycheck..for a character that dosen't really excist but thru smallville./.must be nice to have enough money to say no to work,specially when you know it's the last season...
    Avatar image for dementedtheclown
    dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dementedtheclown

She's F***ing Sexy

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tonis

consider the words of Dr. Fate during Absolute Justice when he stated Chloe "walked the same path as him". After Fate is killed, Hawkman tells Martian Manhunter that "someone worthy will be drawn to the helmet". 

Could this be a hint of her future? Dr. Fate has been both male and female in the books and it would provide a much more elegant transition to her character than to just kill her off. In the suit with the voice distorted solves the lack of Allison's availability for filming.

Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By Renee

Chloe is one of my favourites! Tied with Lana and Clark. Killing her off would be a mistake! I really hope they keep her. It just wouldn't be Smallville without her. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.