Follow

Smallville

Location » Smallville appears in 1203 issues.

The hometown of Superman, and his high school sweetheart Lana Lang.

DId "SMALLVILE just steel CIVIL WAR's Thrunder

Clone of me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Clone of me

Hey did anyone catch the end of "SMALLVILE" last night (October 8th) Did they in the last few minutes of the show have Oliver Queen AKA: Green Arrow steel Peter Parker  AKA: Spidey greatest moment from the 2007 storyline "CIVIL WAR" issue #2?,  (and don't  you the reader of this) think heroes on the run is  a better way to go than always resetting everything all the time? I'd say Marvel threw out great Idea, but took it nowhere wouldn't you?

No Caption Provided
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By King_Saturn
    ha ha... maybe a little
    MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MKF30

huh? lol I don't think so.

Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Retnex

I was reminded more of... 

I am Iron Man
    I am Iron Man
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

I don't think so....the event may have been similar but Spider-man's unmasking was definitely better done and felt more important than Oliver simply calling a few reporters to his office and saying "I'm Green Arrow"....there was no wow factor there

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By cascadeking09
    @Retnex: me too.
    MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MKF30

There's also been DC stories with heroes doing this long before Spiderman recently lol. Batman did it in DK(he was going to) but Harvey took the blame. And IM also, I just saw that other day actually FULLY instead of just pieces.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Methos

Uh, just checking... you guys do know that Green Arrow's identity has been public knowledge since the late 60's right? 

It's been out there and open for quite a while now, i'm actually more surprised that Smallville is actually keeping with the comic continuity 

M

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself
    @MKF30 said:
    "

There's also been DC stories with heroes doing this long before Spiderman recently lol. Batman did it in DK(he was going to) but Harvey took the blame. And IM also, I just saw that other day actually FULLY instead of just pieces.

"
    I don't get what you're saying....Civil War #2 was released in 2006...2 years before The Dark Knight
    MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MKF30
    @danhimself said:
    " @MKF30 said:
    "

"
    I don't get what you're saying....Civil War #2 was released in 2006...2 years before The Dark Knight "

True but DC was out long before Marvel was even a thought and have had stories with heroes coming out of the shadows....
    MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MKF30
    @Methos said:
    "Uh, just checking... you guys do know that Green Arrow's identity has been public knowledge since the late 60's right?  It's been out there and open for quite a while now, i'm actually more surprised that Smallville is actually keeping with the comic continuity  M "

Exactly, this is more so what I was referring to Danhimself...what Methos said, when I said DC has already done this like years before Marvel in general. Ironically GA in Smallville recently came out as well obviously. But Methos brings up a good point, I just read up more on GA and he's right.....he came out like over 30 years ago with his identity lol
    deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

@Retnex said:
    "
    I was reminded more of... 

I am Iron Man
    I am Iron Man
    "

Yeah, that's what I got out of it, too. I'm of a mind that Bruce Wayne, Oliver Queen and Tony Stark are pretty much cut from similar cloth. Oliver is Smallville's Bruce Wayne, completing a World's Finest of sorts. I think they're going for the Tony Stark move. hasn't Green Arrow revealed his identity in the comics? Isn't/Wasn't he Mayor of Star City?   
    deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

@Methos said:
    "Uh, just checking... you guys do know that Green Arrow's identity has been public knowledge since the late 60's right?  It's been out there and open for quite a while now, i'm actually more surprised that Smallville is actually keeping with the comic continuity  M "

Late '60's really? Was that when he updated his costume? Was that around Hard-Travellin' Heroes era? Huh. I never knew that before. Thanks for the info!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.