Follow

Skrulls

Team » Skrulls appears in 1703 issues.

"They called themselves Skrulls! But, by any name, they were a band of the most dangerous menaces Earth had ever faced! They are able to change their appearances at will!"

Should the skrulls really do this invasion?

Onyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Onyx

Considering your average reader has no idea who your talking about. I have been reading and collecting over 20 years and have no clue who your talking about. the Skrulls are a house hold name. Go with the brand you trust

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By zee crusher

I mean yeah they can change and all and get certain powers after experiments. What marvel should have done it brought back the Xartans. Remember them from Thor journey into the mystery 90? Those aliens tried to take over earth and when they assumed formed gained the traits of them as well.

Do you think the Xartans would be better for and invasion or would the skrulls be better.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zee crusher

Onyx says:

"Considering your average reader has no idea who your talking about. I have been reading and collecting over 20 years and have no clue who your talking about. the Skrulls are a house hold name. Go with the brand you trust"

Pick up journey into the mystery. The xartans where a race that could turn into any other thing and assume there traits. The skrulls can only shape shift and make melee weapons from there hands. So I was wondering if the Xartans would be better for and invasion. They failed last time but chances are they be smart enough not to turn into trees which don't think. Also just cause you been reading 20 years doesn't mean you know it all it means you could be reading another company or just didn't get this issue.

Onyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Onyx

Very true. In my case I have a solid spectrum of books that I read. grew up on Marvel as well...good times, good times

Wait a sec..this is a single appearance in a single story arc? or where they established villans thought ran across various heroes like the Skrulls

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Iron Apollo

Hell yeah they should, its time for some hott skrull action, wait what, yeah invasion, lol

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By LubeMan

zee crusher says:

"Onyx says:
    "Considering your average reader has no idea who your talking about. I have been reading and collecting over 20 years and have no clue who your talking about. the Skrulls are a house hold name. Go with the brand you trust"
    Pick up journey into the mystery. The xartans where a race that could turn into any other thing and assume there traits. The skrulls can only shape shift and make melee weapons from there hands. So I was wondering if the Xartans would be better for and invasion. They failed last time but chances are they be smart enough not to turn into trees which don't think. Also just cause you been reading 20 years doesn't mean you know it all it means you could be reading another company or just didn't get this issue."
    In a nutshell, No! The skrulls have an established history in the Marvel U and are decent enough villains and have been augmented since then as far as their powers go! I think Secret Invasion is doing just fine! As Onyx stated, the majority of people would have no idea what your talking bout, and this has been planned for a time! The Xartans you stated are cool and interesting, but since this has been building up for yours, I don't think they (marvel) would pluck some alien race from obscurity to do the job! as stated previously, everyone knows of the Skrulls, almost no one would know of these xartans! They'd have to build a backstory to them and reintroduce them into the Marvel Universe if they wanted to re-establish them as a formidable threat!
    Post Edited:2008-04-18 10:00:59
    zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zee crusher

LubeMan says:

"zee crusher says:
    "Onyx says:
    Pick up journey into the mystery. The xartans where a race that could turn into any other thing and assume there traits. The skrulls can only shape shift and make melee weapons from there hands. So I was wondering if the Xartans would be better for and invasion. They failed last time but chances are they be smart enough not to turn into trees which don't think. Also just cause you been reading 20 years doesn't mean you know it all it means you could be reading another company or just didn't get this issue."
    In a nutshell, No! The skrulls have an established history in the Marvel U and are decent enough villains and have been augmented since then as far as their powers go! I think Secret Invasion is doing just fine! As Onyx stated, the majority of people would have no idea what your talking bout, and this has been planned for a time! The Xartans you stated are cool and interesting, but since this has been building up for yours, I don't think they (marvel) would pluck some alien race from obscurity to do the job! as stated previously, everyone knows of the Skrulls, almost no one would know of these xartans! They'd have to build a backstory to them and reintroduce them into the Marvel Universe if they wanted to re-establish them as a formidable threat!
    Post Edited:2008-04-18 10:00:59"

Well for one why would they have to build a back story when the Xartans already have one? Thats a complete waste of time. It is true however that most people would know of skrulls then the spartans but either way how hard would it be to make a page of how the Xartans losing? In fact in marvel some of the trees are Xartans if woken up they could already start the invasion. But since it would be easier for skrulls I guess it be easier to stick with them.

Onyx says:

"Very true. In my case I have a solid spectrum of books that I read. grew up on Marvel as well...good times, good times Wait a sec..this is a single appearance in a single story arc? or where they established villans thought ran across various heroes like the Skrulls"

Last time I checked they only made on apperance I think. They were like most first villains for and upcoming hero short lived like the men from saturan. They were short lived but came back in WWH.

Avatar image for theceruleangestalt
    theCeruleanGestalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LubeMan says:

"In a nutshell, No! The skrulls have an established history in the Marvel U and are decent enough villains and have been augmented since then as far as their powers go! I think Secret Invasion is doing just fine! As Onyx stated, the majority of people would have no idea what your talking bout, and this has been planned for a time! The Xartans you stated are cool and interesting, but since this has been building up for yours, I don't think they (marvel) would pluck some alien race from obscurity to do the job! as stated previously, everyone knows of the Skrulls, almost no one would know of these xartans! They'd have to build a backstory to them and reintroduce them into the Marvel Universe if they wanted to re-establish them as a formidable threat!

Even though I don't know much about this...DC has plucked a character from obscurity to have a major role in their next big event Final Crisis: Libra! ^_^ So it's not like the bigger comic companies absolutely can't use formerly obscure characters...though I don't know how Libra is handled in Final Crisis yet though x_X

/CG

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zee crusher

TheCleverGuy says:

"LubeMan says:
    "In a nutshell, No! The skrulls have an established history in the Marvel U and are decent enough villains and have been augmented since then as far as their powers go! I think Secret Invasion is doing just fine! As Onyx stated, the majority of people would have no idea what your talking bout, and this has been planned for a time! The Xartans you stated are cool and interesting, but since this has been building up for yours, I don't think they (marvel) would pluck some alien race from obscurity to do the job! as stated previously, everyone knows of the Skrulls, almost no one would know of these xartans! They'd have to build a backstory to them and reintroduce them into the Marvel Universe if they wanted to re-establish them as a formidable threat!
    Even though I don't know much about this...DC has plucked a character from obscurity to have a major role in their next big event Final Crisis: Libra! ^_^ So it's not like the bigger comic companies absolutely can't use formerly obscure characters...though I don't know how Libra is handled in Final Crisis yet though x_X /CG"

The Xartans are from marvel.

theCeruleanGestalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zee crusher says:

"TheCleverGuy says:
    "LubeMan says:
    Even though I don't know much about this...DC has plucked a character from obscurity to have a major role in their next big event Final Crisis: Libra! ^_^ So it's not like the bigger comic companies absolutely can't use formerly obscure characters...though I don't know how Libra is handled in Final Crisis yet though x_X /CG"

The Xartans are from marvel."

Yes, I know...but I used DC as an example... x_X

/CG

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zee crusher

TheCleverGuy says:

"zee crusher says:
    "TheCleverGuy says:
    "LubeMan says:
    Yes, I know...but I used DC as an example... x_X /CG"

I see lol my fault. I see your point in the point now. In some ways it is good to bring back old characters they were good in there time might even be good now.

theCeruleanGestalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zee crusher says:

"TheCleverGuy says:
    "zee crusher says:
    "TheCleverGuy says:
    "LubeMan says:
    Yes, I know...but I used DC as an example... x_X /CG"

I see lol my fault. I see your point in the point now. In some ways it is good to bring back old characters they were good in there time might even be good now."

Yes it is...btw, don't worry about misinterpreting me, I'm kinda used to it lol... xP

/CG

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Onyx says:

"There are no bad characters just bad stories. or so the old saying goes. I can think of dozens of guys who would challenge that line of thinking. Batroc the Leaper for example"

Iunno about that.Marvel has a character than can turn into Ice-Cream.I'd say there are bad characters.Unless you mean bad as in not a hero then I would still say...yea there's bad characters.

Onyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Onyx

There are no bad characters just bad stories. or so the old saying goes. I can think of dozens of guys who would challenge that line of thinking. Batroc the Leaper for example

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Rehashing stories seems to be the thing nowadays. First OMD, now Secret invasion. Maybe all stories have been told already.

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
    Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Midnight Lantern

In short....Hell no.

The Skrulls already have a way better established history

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.