Space Sector: 4
GLC Partner(s): unknown
Sister Sercy is the fourth being to be inducted into the Blue Lantern Corps. As is Blue Lantern protocol, Sercy was selected by Brother Hynn to bring hope to her sector of space. Sercy was taken to Odym to be inducted into the corps by Ganthet and Sayd. After finishing her schooling in the ways of the ring, Sercy hoped to return to her home planet to save her people from the oppression of Evil Star. Sercy had just come to Odym with Brother Hynn when Larfleeze and his Orange Lantern Corps attacked Odym, seeking a blue ring of his own.
Major Story Arcs
During the "Beyond Hope" story arc, Sister Sercy welcomes back Saint Walker, who has been away from Odym for some time. She tells Saint Walker that all the new recruits to the Blue Lantern Corps have been asking to seen him. Suddenly the Blue Lantern rings detect warships arriving. These warships are from the Reach, who want to conquer the planet Odym (and the rest of the universe). Sister Sercy and her fellow Blue Lanterns try to defend Odym, but the Reach are overpowering them. The Blue Lantern rings are only on defensive mode, and require a Green Lantern in close proximity to be able to unlock their attack modes. Thus the Blue Lanterns retreat, and they start to create a shield around the central power battery. Saint Walker then tells the Blue Lantern to break the shield and continue to fight the Reach by freeing the scarabs off of their hosts, but they fail to - there is too many of scarabs attacking. The Blue Lanterns, nevertheless, still have hope, and at last Kyle Rayner (the Green Lantern they needed to unlock their attack modes) arrives. They attack the Reach, but it's too late; half of the planet Odym is already cocooned by the Reach. Reluctantly, Saint Walker drags the Blue Lanterns away from Odym. Saint Walker tells the Blue Lanterns to go somewhere that the Reach cannot find them, and so they leave.
Powers and Abilities
Blue Lantern Ring Abilities
- Animating: A Blue Lantern can will things to move how he wants.
- Artificial Intelligence: Every ring has a connection to the Main Battery on Odym, which taps into an artificial intelligence. It acts as an "on-board computer," telling the wearer what they need to know. It can either respond out loud, or silently directly to the wearer's mind. The AI contains a large database of information that may be crucial to a Lantern's success. The ring also translates nearly every language to and from the wearer (though they have difficulty translating profanity), which is why the Corps can communicate with each other. When the bearer of a Blue Lantern ring dies, the ring will seek out a suitable replacement for their sector. The AI can be used to play a holographic playback sequence complete with colors across the spectrum based on information in memory banks. The ring can dictate when to pause or stop the playback should an interruption arise where the Lanterns undivided attention is needed. The AI can also alert the wielder of incoming threats or of attempts to manipulate the wielders construct by an outside party.
- Communicator: The ring can act as a personal communicator between Lanterns. They have also been seen connected to telephones.
- Costumes: The wearer of the ring may create any costume they choose, based on their personal preferences, whenever they choose. The ring projects the costume over any clothes already worn at the time. It is unknown if the Blue Lanterns have any protocol over costume choices though probably not has long as they display the Blue Lantern symbol.
- Energy Projection: The rings can also project beams, form protective bubbles and force fields, and fire destructive blasts. For Blue Lanterns to be effective they require a nearby Green Lantern.
- Energy Constructs: The constructs of a Blue Lantern are often not directly created by the Lantern himself/herself and are often a representation of the hope the target genuinely feels. Example when used against John Stewart he say his dead wife Katma Tui and when used against Arkillo he saw his former leader Sinestro. Blue Lanterns are capable of using more traditional constructs in the presence of a Green Lantern.
- Energy Charging: The Blue ring can charge any other powering to twice its usual capacity if the Blue Lantern wishes it.
- Energy Draining: The Blue Lantern Ring can negativly impact the rings on the opposite side of the spectrum. Sinestro Corps powers steadily drain, Blue Rings can counter the negative aspects of the red power ring, and the blue ring and quench the hunger of the orange light of avarice.
- Flight: The ring allows the wearer to fly in atmosphere or in space, and can achieve incredible speeds, moving from planet to planet in a matter of hours.
- Hope Supplement: A Blue lanterns ring can take the hope of many other beings to amplify its own abilities. Saint Walker and Warth were able to use a planet size population to turn back a dying sun 8.6 billion years to save the planet from being swallowed into a supernova.
- Invisibility: The ring can make the wearer or anything else invisible..
- Mirages: The Ring can create mirages/illusions.
- Phasing: The ring allows the user to go through walls. This ability however required great concentration on the bearer of the ring
- Recharging: The rings need to be recharged by means of a Power Battery. Other large sources of power may be used to recharge a power ring, however effectiveness may vary.
- Ring Duplication: Each ring can duplicate itself, creating a second ring which may be given to another as a backup, for protection, or to help the lantern in times of great need. This duplicate ring is exactly like a normal ring.
- Temperature Control: The Ring can increase or decrease the temperature of anything, even something as large as stars, or even create bubbles of intense heat or cold, even down to Absolute Zero. This could be seen in the recent Sinestro Corps War when Sallak used his ring to incase an enemy in a force bubble an incinerate him.
- Electro-magnetic scanning: The ring can allow(through the use of x rays) the user to see through walls, without the people on the other side knowing. it can also scan along the Electromagnetic spectrum.
- Wormhole/Warps: The ring can open wormholes to cut down on distance.
- Healing: A wielder can command a ring to heal him/her/itself of any injures incurred. It can also heal others. a Blue Lantern can regrow lost body parts shown when Saint Walker regrew Arkillo's tongue.
- Pocket dimension: Within the ring is a pocket dimension which can altered to the wielders specification. It can be used to contain opponents.
- Sub-routines: The power rings have inner programmings or mechanisms which can executed without the users permission. One such sub-routine is the autoshield. This shield automatically protects a wielder from external harm and has been proven to be capable of protecting the wielder from planetary level attacks.
- Needs a green lantern power ring:Without a green lantern power ring, the user can only fly around and they cannot tap into and access the power of the blue power ring.
Log in to comment