Follow

Sinestro

Character » Sinestro appears in 1189 issues.

Once considered the greatest Green Lantern in any sector, Sinestro came to believe that the only way to ensure order in the universe was through the reign of fear, a crime for which the Guardians banished him to Qward. There he created the first yellow power ring and later on founded his own corps, The Sinestro Corps. He has clashed frequently with his former student and protege; Hal Jordan. The relationship between the two is a complicated one, a mixture of both hatred and respect in equal measures.

Did anyone think Sinestro would stay a GL?

Avatar image for captainlantern76
    CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Seriously - when Geoff Johns concluded his WotGL arc by making Sinestro a GL again, did anyone here really think he would stay that way, or was him going yellow again just that predictable?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

Yellow is what he is.

Avatar image for captainlantern76
    CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

he is much better as a villain but that is not taking away from him being a GL . as for sinestro going back to his own corps , it was only a matter of time

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

I had hoped he would stay Green Lantern for a while longer but it was inevitable he would turn back yo yellow. In fact my hope was that the new status quo after Johns run ended would be Sinestro staying as the lead of the main GL book and lead the Corps while Hal would become a Black Lantern and become the lead of a new Black Lantern book. Now that Sinestros back to yellow my only hope is that he doesn't go back to being a straight up villain in a few years.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By TheFirstLantern

@noj: woah, he is back to yellow? I thought that was just for WOTFL arc. And wow a Hal Jordan Black Lantern book would be so cool, but I think there is enough Lantern books in the market.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.