No recent wiki edits to this page.
Due to the all-Corps truce following the Blackest Night, Kyle Rayner was present on the Sinestro Corps home world Korugar trying to stop a train from derailing and killing hundreds of Korugarians.
As Kyle braced the tracks and evacuated the trains, he was approached by Arkillo, Maash, and a rookie Corpsman, from Space Sector 703. The rookie was a humanoid alien, distinguished by a large empty cavity on the back of his head where his brain would be located. Although the truce remained, these "Sinners" took advantage of the opportunity to mock Rayner for his concern over the helpless Korugarians.
Kyle had been in contact with Soranik Natu, who warned Kyle not to pick a fight until she got back from her mission. The rookie Corpsman was particularly mouthy, and tried to antagonize Kyle by snidely remarking the Natu had him on "a short leash". Unfazed, Kyle mentioned how he didn't know this newest Sinner's name and rapped his knuckles on the aliens head, dubbing him "no Brainer".
No Brainer was incensed by this insult and was ready to attack Kyle when he was stopped by Arkillo. Maash told the rookie that SInestro would skin alive anyone who defied his truce, so the two senior Sinners turned their backs and flew away implying that they wouldn't mind if the rookie attacked Rayner while they weren't around.
No Brainer was emboldened by his superiors "consent" and warned Kyle that he just got the ok to "turn you inside out". Still unimpressed Kyle, coolly told No Brainer how he had fought SInestro, defeated Parallax, and gone toe to toe with Mogul and Oblivion.
No Brainer's quickly lost his never and meekly asked Kyle if it was true that he had fought Sinestro. He would never get an opportunity to hear Kyle’s answer. Lost in his argument with the Green Lantern, No Brainer failed to realize that the Qwardian known as the Weaponer had been making a path through the gathered crowd, intent on reaching Rayner. Using a massive hammer augmented by the White Light, the Weaponer cried "out of the way scum!" and smashed down on No Brainer's skull, squishing the Sinner into a heap of unrecognizable goo. No Brainer was killed instantly, and his ring left to find another being capable of terrorizing Space Sector 703.
Powers and AbilitiesQwardian (Yellow) Power Ring which give him the following abilities:
- Animating: A Sinestro Lantern can will things to move how he wants. The object moved however is often covered in a yellow aura.
- Artificial Intelligence : Every ring has a connection to the Main Battery on Qward, which taps into Parallax. It acts as an "on-board computer," telling the wearer what they need to know. It can either respond out loud, or silently directly to the wearer's mind. The AI contains a large database of information that may be crucial to a "Sinestro's" success. The ring also translates nearly every language to and from the wearer, which is why the Corps can communicate with each other. When the bearer of a Sinestro Corps ring dies, the ring will seek out a suitable replacement for their sector, someone capable of instilling great fear.
- Communicator: The ring can act as a personal communicator between Sinestro Lanterns. They have also been seen connected to telephones. Weather
- Costumes: The wearer of the ring may create any costume they choose, based on their personal preferences, whenever they choose. The ring projects the costume over any clothes already worn at the time.
- Energy Projection: The rings can also project beams, form protective bubbles and force fields, and fire destructive blasts. Sometimes, depending on the wearer, the beams and blasts make sounds.
- Energy Constructs: The rings can construct anything the wearer can imagine from hard-light energy, as long as they are willing to make it. The more determined the wearer is, the more complex and intricate these things can be. The constructs can even be so complex as to form working machines, computers, and even people.
- Flight: The ring allows the wearer to fly in atmosphere or in space, and can achieve incredible speeds, moving from planet to planet in a matter of hours.
- Invisibility: The Sinestro Corps ring has the ability to make
- Mind Control: The wearer of the Ring can use it to plant post hypnotic commands or control a person.
- Mirages: The Ring can create mirages/illusions.
- Phasing: The ring allows the user to go through walls.
- Power Absorbing: In the JLA's first fight with Amazo, it was GL who defeated him by drawing out all of Amazo's powers. In Green Lantern/Silver Surfer: Unholy Alliances, Kyle defeated Parallax with SS' power and Thanos with Oa's energy by drawing out all that extra energy from them which made them unconscious. However he couldn't hold all that power nor could his Ring like Hal did with Amazo's powers, so that move isn't often used with so much power.
- Probing: The ring can probe the Lantern's or another person's mind, allowing him to uncover memories or the person's thoughts.
- Radiation: Besides light based radiation used to create the energy constructs associated with a Sinestro Corps member or a Green Lantern, the ring can simulate various forms of radiation. One example of this is the ability to simulate the radiation of Red solar radiation, which stunts or removes the powers of Kryptonians and Daxamites.
- Recharging: The rings need to be recharged by means of a Power Battery. Other large sources of power may be used to recharge a power ring, however effectiveness may vary. The internal power source of a Manhunter Android is, in effect, the same as a power battery, and can be used to recharge a power ring. During the JLA / Avengers crossover, a Cosmic Cube was used to recharge a depleted ring, although this is not an ideal solution and is available if there are no other options. Members of the Sinestro Corps they generally quote the Sinestro Corps oath while recharging their rings: "In blackest day, in brightest night, Beware your fears made into light! Let those who try to stop what's right, Burn like his power... Sinestro's might!” Unlike the Green Lantern Corps however each Sinestro Corps member seems to use a standard unaltered oath.
- Temperature Control: The Ring can increase or decrease the temperature of anything, even something as large as stars, or even create bubbles of intense heat or cold, even down to Absolute Zero..
- X-Ray: The Sinestro power ring has the ability to see through all objects without others around him/her being aware that the object has been made transparent. Not all material can be penetrated though.