The Work of Simone Bianchi

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Edited By StormyWeather

Simone Bianchi I would have to say has become my favorite artist. I think he's brought sort of a different take on comic art and illustration. His style is just like none other that I've ever seen. What do u guys think?? here are some examples of his work

of course the 1st set would only feature Storm lol

i think he's BRILLIANT!
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SC  Moderator

I agree, as much as its humanly possible for one to agree without the aid of computers and steroids, and boy have I had arguments with other comic fans about his work LOL 

Simone Bianchi has a beautiful style, and he choses to break so many 'rules', that restrict many other comic book writers. I know when I see his work, he has talent and has put time into each panel, and that he did not trace over a picture of a girl in Frisky PlayPets Monthly, Extra Booby Black Label Edition, because those types of magazines, don't (I hope) have the weird and unorthodox angles that he uses with his depictions of characters. Some of the panels he draws characters from, I mean, you can't get the same effect from a photo, and art should strive for that. A quality impossible for a photograph to reproduce better in 5 seconds flat. A flaw I feel of some many of his peers.  

The details are so fine too, plus his ethnic characters, actually look ethnic, its great. Storm has beautiful thick lips, and broad features and is as beautiful as implied, and you could look at that image in grey scale, and know who it is. Some other artists, their work in color, I can't even figure out who the character is supposed to be. Asian characters look asian Too.  

Nightcrawler isn't pumped up like a body builder, he has a gymnasts, sleek and toned body. His characters have a nice solid weight to them as well. Gives them presence. I buy all his Marvel stuff, and Indy when i can. I agree, he draws Storm perfectly. He was great with his recent Thor mini too!  

I could carry on, but I should stop lol

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

I'm a fan. 

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

I think his style is unique and beautiful.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator

You know another comic fan, once argued to me, that Bianchi's woman, look like men? He told me that if you wanted to see how real women should be drawn look no further than Greg Land. He wasn't even trolling, otherwise that would have been funny lol, and that was the day my faith in humanity was lost. lol

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
    @SC said:
    " You know another comic fan, once argued to me, that Bianchi's woman, look like men? He told me that if you wanted to see how real women should be drawn look no further than Greg Land. He wasn't even trolling, otherwise that would have been funny lol, and that was the day my faith in humanity was lost. lol "
    That's really sad.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_
    @SC said:
    " You know another comic fan, once argued to me, that Bianchi's woman, look like men? He told me that if you wanted to see how real women should be drawn look no further than Greg Land. He wasn't even trolling, otherwise that would have been funny lol, and that was the day my faith in humanity was lost. lol "
    ..................................seriously?
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Donnieman v5.1:  @The Dark Huntress: I know right?!?! Its like an artist draws actual details and emotions and differences on a characters face and they somehow become ugly and unfeminine? I will try and find the thread it was in. I was 'bothered' (lol I sat in a tree and everything... hope this reference works)  

I don't like that. I will concede that people, if you like Greg Land, all the power to you, but awh man, I mean, just compare how Bianchi pays attention to character's eyes, I can tell who Storm is in all his panels, even if all the picture was deleted, except for the eyes, because thats how his artwork is. He pays attention to that stuff. People complain that comics have unrealistic body types, and do a poor job at representing ethnicity but this guy actually spends time differentiating between those things and someone calls that ugly? I am very *Twilight voice* Bothered by this...  

He is a bit slow though, and he does have some weak points. Action, panel sequencing can be clunky, but manly looking woman. Ugh. Weak criticism. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty

I don't hate his work, but I can't love it.  He really can draw some mediocre line-art but then glosses over it with pretty digital painting.  The colours shouldn't hide the inferior basics.  He could be amazing if he worked on his pencils.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Aiden Cross

I like his covers, like the Black Panther ones. But I'm not really liking his interior art, it just doesn't look right to me, a little cluttered.

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By StormyWeather
    @Aiden Cross:  gotcha :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.