capn_carrot's Silver Surfer #4 - Earthly Needs review

Avatar image for capn_carrot

And I'm done

I've grown more and more disheartened with each issue of the new Silver Surfer title and this will be the last one I buy. What we get: more of the Surfer quoting pop culture (ugh), more of the Surfer turning human (WTF?!), and less of anything resembling the classic noble but definitely alien character. Hell, he doesn't even get respect from the Guardians of the Galaxy (shoehorned here to promote the movie) who he's helped save the universe! Seriously? And if that's not bad enough writer Dan Slott strips the character of his ability to traverse the universe as well. Yeah, I'm done.

You can find more of my reviews (with images) on RazorFine Reviews