Follow

Siege

Story arc »

Norman Osborn's Dark Reign crumbles in the Siege of Asgard.

why i am mad at siege

blacktom212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blacktom212

so, i am mad at siege of asgard storyline for a lot of things, and i dotn even know where to start because there are a lot of things that are wrong about that storyline.  but lest start from what i read yesterday. when i was reading mighty avengers # 36( which was good, to me) and i get to end of it, i saw an anticipation of what is going to happen in siege # 4; all the avengers are going to team  up agains the void, well that is cool, i guess. but, at the same time i have to say i dont like it for one reason: bendis say in did storyline thor would play a major role. but, so far i havent seen thor doing anything, aside of getting his ass handed by everyone. don get me wrong i am a huge fan of thor and thats why i am mad at this shit they called siege.  

siege havent done anything new for the thoruniverse, aside of getting rid of jms who was an incredible thor writter. well, dont get me wrong i am talking about the siege comics. i think loki siege one shot was great, and the thor comics written by kieron gillen are great too, they show real character development for the asgardian, i really liked the last issue, in which balder shows what he can do and why he is called balder the brave. but coming back to the topic, the siege comics as in siege 1,2,3 and 4 are completely shitn.not the whole story arc because there have been issues and one shots i like. i mean, if this is the result of seven years, well there is just something wrong with marvel. i am bringing up mighty avengers # 36 because almost at the end of the issue we saw all the heroes go agains the void, and i dont like this. why? because this is thor fight (at least thats how i see it), because if they wanted all the superheroes to band agains the big bad guy, why they dont do it in another issue of storyarc not involving asgard and the asgardian. why involve thor and says he is gonna play a big roll when he is not doing shit. at the end of issue #3 i was so dissapointed, seeing thor on his knees, powerless watching how the sentry is bombing asgard and destroying it. i mean, thi is not the thor i know or any other reader knows. this was just the product of bad writting. yes, void has molecule manipulation which hi has shown using agains any asgardian. but this is the guy who stood his ground agains the celestials four host, took multiples attack and keep coming and almost dies fightinng for the asgardians and for odin. and now, he just cries on his knees not doing anything and then, the next panel show him( thor) with the heroes like nothing has happened. WTF is this? i mean i can stand the destruction of asgard, because is part of the plot, but, then thor not doing anything??? just standing. i mean, thor supposed to be fighting for asgard, he should have gone warrior madness seeing all those asgardian deaths and his home destroyed, but no, he is just a bitch. i guess bendis has never read a thor comic book in his live. i know tho alone can defeat the sentry with the molecular manipulation powers he has, but, why not use some plot device and give his odin force back. i mean what is the point of making all this mess to asgard just to see thor getting his ass handed without him doing anything important at all? because thats all thor have done in siege. 

so, i just wanted to share what i think with you people of comic vine. you can debate with me why you dont agree with me or why you do agree with me. please, without  making this a flamewar.  and i hope i am wrong and thor get the opportunity to fight again and show he is not a jobber, but then again, i dont expect nothing from bendis, the guy say ares and thor were on the same level, who knows maybe thor gets ripped apart too. sigh massively.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Theodore

Thor should do more.

blacktom212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By blacktom212
    @Theodore said:
    "Thor should do more. "

i know. thats why i am pissed off.
    Stamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Stamps
    @blacktom212: good sir I agree with everything you just said and more. In short, Siege sucks
    blacktom212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By blacktom212
    @Stamps said:
    " @blacktom212: good sir I agree with everything you just said and more. In short, Siege sucks "

thanks dude, i feel like i needed to wrotte that.
    CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CosmicSpiral

You shouldn't be angry just because your favorite character isn't getting the spotlight. 

Omegaman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Omegaman10
    @blacktom212:
    amen, everything you said was very true, except thor beating sentry with MM powers(MAYBE if he had odinforce or warrior madness) but the old thor would ATLEAST go in and die trying and not fall to his knees like a babyback bitch. Bendis completely ruined thor, one of my favorite characters.
    blacktom212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By blacktom212
    @CosmicSpiral said:
    "You shouldn't be angry just because your favorite character isn't getting the spotlight.  "

i am mad, because this story arc havent done anything at all to the asgardians in general. i understand they have to develop other characters and other teams, thats not the problem at all. the problem is the way bendis write thor doenst do honor the character at all. he has been in the spotligh getting his ass kicked and no more, that is the concept of playing a major role to bendis. the problem is he doenst know how to writte thor, he has done a terrible job at it. 

if they choose asgard to be the end of dark reign is obviously that thor should play a major roll in it, not as a jobber, off course.  is like writting a superman story , and make the character completely useless. so, i wrotte this because i can and because i like to say the thigns i think, wheter other people like it or not. 
    thank anyway for debating.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danhimself

how has Siege not done anything to the Asgardians?  Tons of them have been killed and Asgard has been destroyed.  What else do you want to happen?

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Gylan Thomas

I've kinda liked Siege :)

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Night Thrasher

Is the "Bendis well" running dry? 

Siege is okay to me. Not the best crossover (Civil War, Annihilation) by the company, but not the worst either (Dark Reign).

blacktom212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blacktom212
    @danhimself said:
    "how has Siege not done anything to the Asgardians?  Tons of them have been killed and Asgard has been destroyed.  What else do you want to happen? "

anything good to them.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By danhimself
    @blacktom212 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    "how has Siege not done anything to the Asgardians?  Tons of them have been killed and Asgard has been destroyed.  What else do you want to happen? "
    anything good to them. "
    well sometimes bad things have to happen to characters to....character development comes from both good things happening and bad things happening
    blacktom212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By blacktom212
    @Gylan Thomas said:
    "I've kinda liked Siege :) "

its ok, everyone have their own taste and their own opinon. i hope i am wrong though
    blacktom212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blacktom212
    @danhimself said:
    " @blacktom212 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    anything good to them. "
    well sometimes bad things have to happen to characters to....character development comes from both good things happening and bad things happening "

thats correct sir, and is i say before i can buy asgard being destroyed, because is part of the plot. what i dont like is that bendis make thor look like a bitch. but, i do have to say i have like kieron gillen run of thor so far, if you have read it, you say how he develops the character and thats cool. also the loki one shot, i think that one was great, depicting aspects of loki we havent seen before or we havent seen in a long time. i like how they develop all the asgardian charcaters in thor siege. though i am talking about the issues written by bendis; he completely doenst know how to write thor or the asgardians.
    MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#16  Edited By MTHarman

Seeing Thor not getting more involved in the Seige storyline was a bit disappointing. But for a storyline that claims "Seven years in the making", it would actually be focusing on other characters, heroes, and the downfall of the villains that took over. Yes, it's in Asgard, but Siege wasn't supposed to surround Thor only. Marvel wanted Captain America back in action, a war among heroes and villains, heroes to recover, Iron Mans return, death, destruction, downfall of Norman Osborn and Sentry, birth of the Heroic Age. Thor did his best and he still is labeled as badass, but his action time wasn't because of bad writing, it was because of the Sentry. I do have some flaws for the Siege storyling, but as for Thor, yeah you do see him having trouble, but thats what makes a hero is too see them overcome that trouble. Siege wasn't meant for Thor only, and if it wasn't for the Sentry, he would have had the spotlight that many Thor fans wished to see. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.