The Official Siege Thread

Avatar image for xerox_kitty
#1 Posted by xerox_kitty (17342 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it's been a little hard to find using the Search box, there have been a few duplicate Siege pages made.  Oopsie!   Hopefully with this thread in the forums people will see ComicVine's Siege page
 
So please use this page to post all your gossip, news, rumours, hopes & desires for the newest of Marvel's cross-over events. 
 

Siege #1
Siege #1

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13Gallery image 14
Avatar image for the_martian
#2 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

 Can't wait for him to appear. I hope he rematches Sentry with his new powers.
 Can't wait for him to appear. I hope he rematches Sentry with his new powers.
Avatar image for pixelized
#3 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

What's Siege again? Dark Reign the remix?
 
Maybe it's just Bachalo's terrible art, but Noh-Varr's costume is a major downgrade

Avatar image for the_martian
#4 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" What's Siege again? Dark Reign the remix?  Maybe it's just Bachalo's terrible art, but Noh-Varr's costume is a major downgrade "
I'm hoping its the art. I'm waiting to see it done by another artist, but so far I agree its kinda a downgrade.
Avatar image for pixelized
#5 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @pixelized said:
" What's Siege again? Dark Reign the remix?  Maybe it's just Bachalo's terrible art, but Noh-Varr's costume is a major downgrade "
I'm hoping its the art. I'm waiting to see it done by another artist, but so far I agree its kinda a downgrade. "
i thought your avatar was Space Ghost for the longest.
Avatar image for the_scourge
#6 Posted by The_Scourge (5335 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: When did he get a new costume?
Avatar image for john_valentine
#7 Posted by John Valentine (16467 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fresh Prince said:
" @Nobody: When did he get a new costume? "

Dark Avengers Annual #1 - my favourite book of the week by far. 
 
I love his new costume.
Avatar image for the_scourge
#8 Posted by The_Scourge (5335 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: Oh, I'm still getting it tomorrow. I guess it must be good.
Avatar image for degraaf
#9 Posted by DEGRAAF (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

so do we know who osborns body gaurd is that knocks doom thru a wall and on to his butt? 
 
What new powers does Noh-Varr have?
Avatar image for degraaf
#10 Posted by DEGRAAF (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

this thread should be anchored to the top of the forums page like dark reign and blackest night
Avatar image for gmanfromheck
#11 Posted by gmanfromheck (42501 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll pin this so it's easier to find as well.  And here's that checklist so you can keep up and not miss anything.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for spacemonkeymafia
#12 Posted by spacemonkeymafia (23 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm definetly going to read this event, but i will be glad when there's some downtime. same thing with "blackest night". the ebb and flow is out of whack.
Avatar image for degraaf
#13 Posted by DEGRAAF (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont think i will be as in to this as much as i was in to dark reign
Avatar image for dane
#14 Posted by dane (10747 posts) - - Show Bio

can't wait for a decent Avengers lineup.

Avatar image for the_martian
#15 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane said:
" can't wait for a decent Avengers lineup. "
Me too.
 
@DEGRAAF said:
"What new powers does Noh-Varr have? "
His full power set hasn't been revealed. Besides the new costume, he has shown the ability of flight and teleportation so far. The Supreme Intelligence made them seem like they will be more powerful than the original Nega-Bands.
 
"But these bands are of a different design and different power source than the ones Mar-Vell wore with controversy and honor. These were created especially for you. They are far more advanced and far more precious."
Avatar image for jean_luc_lebeau
#16 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82985 posts) - - Show Bio

Who was the mystery character who jacked up that Doombot in The Siege: Cabal?

Avatar image for illituracy
#17 Posted by iLLituracy (13551 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" Who was the mystery character who jacked up that Doombot in The Siege: Cabal? "
Presumably the same dude that was presented in their first meeting.
 
Whoever it was, it made Taskmaster poop his pants.
Avatar image for jloneblackheart
#18 Posted by jloneblackheart (7637 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy: The Hood seemed pretty freaked out too
Online
Avatar image for the_martian
#19 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" Who was the mystery character who jacked up that Doombot in The Siege: Cabal? "
If it has to be one of the ones in the "Who is the secret weapon?" poster I'm guessing Thanos. Norman already had this "secret weapon" at the very beginning of Dark Reign. He didn't come in contact with Molecule Man or X-Man until way after Dark Reign started. Same goes with Bor. I doubt it is Scarlet Witch because Norman would have said something when Scarlet Witch(Loki) was running around with the Mighty Avengers. That would narrow it down to Mephisto, Beyonder, and Thanos.
Avatar image for omega_ray_jay
#20 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (8418 posts) - - Show Bio

So it begins, liked The Cabal kick off issue and interested to see how this all plays out.

Avatar image for jloneblackheart
#21 Posted by jloneblackheart (7637 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Thanos dead? Also, why would the Hood and Taskmaster freak out and say "what the hell is that?" when the mystery character came out?

Online
Avatar image for the_martian
#22 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" Isn't Thanos dead? Also, why would the Hood and Taskmaster freak out and say "what the hell is that?" when the mystery character came out? "
Since when has that stopped someone from coming back?
Avatar image for vance_astro
#23 Posted by vance_astro (90012 posts) - - Show Bio

If I see Thanos anywhere in Siege,i'm reading DC until it's over.

Moderator
Avatar image for vance_astro
#24 Posted by vance_astro (90012 posts) - - Show Bio

Noh-Varr vs. Sentry=just another way to make Sentry look like a b#tch...

Moderator
Avatar image for the_martian
#25 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Noh-Varr vs. Sentry=just another way to make Sentry look like a b#tch... "
Alien Tech :)
Avatar image for the_martian
#26 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" If I see Thanos anywhere in Siege,i'm reading DC until it's over. "
Well the other two options(based off the poster) is Beyonder and Mephisto and they make just about as much sense.
Avatar image for vance_astro
#27 Posted by vance_astro (90012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" If I see Thanos anywhere in Siege,i'm reading DC until it's over. "
Well the other two options(based off the poster) is Beyonder and Mephisto and they make just about as much sense. "
I would rather those two make an appearance even both than Thanos.I absolutely despise Thanos.
Moderator
Avatar image for the_martian
#28 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

Why?

Avatar image for vance_astro
#29 Posted by vance_astro (90012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" Noh-Varr vs. Sentry=just another way to make Sentry look like a b#tch... "
Alien Tech :) "
uh huh -_-
Moderator
Avatar image for the_martian
#30 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" Noh-Varr vs. Sentry=just another way to make Sentry look like a b#tch... "
Alien Tech :) "
uh huh -_- "
It shouldn't be that hard to believe. All of Noh-Varr's equipment came from the Marvel which led to victory against Three Galactus like beings and was able to contain living ideas.
Avatar image for vance_astro
#31 Posted by vance_astro (90012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
It shouldn't be that hard to believe. All of Noh-Varr's equipment came from the Marvel which led to victory against Three Galactus like beings and was able to contain living ideas. "
The writers are overpowering him.If he goes from where he was to someone on the level of a character who can contend with Sentry that's ridiculous. 
 
@Nobody said:
" Why? "
He's a boring villain and Marvel protected him for too long.I'm glad Drax killed him.Showings against him have almost never made any sense.
Moderator
Avatar image for the_martian
#32 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:
It shouldn't be that hard to believe. All of Noh-Varr's equipment came from the Marvel which led to victory against Three Galactus like beings and was able to contain living ideas. "
The writers are overpowering him.If he goes from where he was to someone on the level of a character who can contend with Sentry that's ridiculous. 
Its not like he did it on his own.
Avatar image for vance_astro
#33 Posted by vance_astro (90012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:
It shouldn't be that hard to believe. All of Noh-Varr's equipment came from the Marvel which led to victory against Three Galactus like beings and was able to contain living ideas. "
The writers are overpowering him.If he goes from where he was to someone on the level of a character who can contend with Sentry that's ridiculous. 
Its not like he did it on his own. "
I'm aware of that.That's just a huge step and for no reason.
Moderator
Avatar image for the_martian
#34 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:
It shouldn't be that hard to believe. All of Noh-Varr's equipment came from the Marvel which led to victory against Three Galactus like beings and was able to contain living ideas. "
The writers are overpowering him.If he goes from where he was to someone on the level of a character who can contend with Sentry that's ridiculous. 
Its not like he did it on his own. "
I'm aware of that.That's just a huge step and for no reason. "
We don't know that for sure. He hasn't had many feats since his first appearance.
Avatar image for jean_luc_lebeau
#35 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82985 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Noh-Varr vs. Sentry=just another way to make Sentry look like a b#tch... "
Sentry is a b!tch. Seriously though, they have to make him unstable simply because he's so powerful. Superman has his moral boyscout complex that DC uses so that he can get his ass whooped. Sentry has his mental instability.
Avatar image for vance_astro
#36 Posted by vance_astro (90012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" Noh-Varr vs. Sentry=just another way to make Sentry look like a b#tch... "
Sentry is a b!tch. Seriously though, they have to make him unstable simply because he's so powerful. Superman has his moral boyscout complex that DC uses so that he can get his ass whooped. Sentry has his mental instability. "
Superman's plot device is more acceptable.I understand why Sentry is how he is,the plot device just isn't very creative.It's one thing to be mentally unstable Bendis fails every time to have anything interesting or that make sense to come put of it.I would rather they send Sentry to space if their going to keep doing this.Sentry never gets to do anything.At least with Supes they give him a valid opponent in moderation.They don't do that with Sentry.He fights below his level almost all the time or they do something with his mental instability.That's why Dark Avengers is my least favorite Avengers book.Nothing that happens in it is worth a read.It's either they fight  and lose,Sentry dies,or they capture someone and they get away.That's DA in a nutshell.
Moderator
Avatar image for the_martian
#37 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Gambler said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" Noh-Varr vs. Sentry=just another way to make Sentry look like a b#tch... "
Sentry is a b!tch. Seriously though, they have to make him unstable simply because he's so powerful. Superman has his moral boyscout complex that DC uses so that he can get his ass whooped. Sentry has his mental instability. "
Superman's plot device is more acceptable.I understand why Sentry is how he is,the plot device just isn't very creative.It's one thing to be mentally unstable Bendis fails every time to have anything interesting or that make sense to come put of it.I would rather they send Sentry to space if their going to keep doing this.Sentry never gets to do anything.At least with Supes they give him a valid opponent in moderation.They don't do that with Sentry.He fights below his level almost all the time or they do something with his mental instability.That's why Dark Avengers is my least favorite Avengers book.Nothing that happens in it is worth a read.It's either they fight  and lose,Sentry dies,or they capture someone and they get away.That's DA in a nutshell. "
And there is sex.
Avatar image for jean_luc_lebeau
#38 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82985 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Gambler said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" Noh-Varr vs. Sentry=just another way to make Sentry look like a b#tch... "
Sentry is a b!tch. Seriously though, they have to make him unstable simply because he's so powerful. Superman has his moral boyscout complex that DC uses so that he can get his ass whooped. Sentry has his mental instability. "
Superman's plot device is more acceptable.I understand why Sentry is how he is,the plot device just isn't very creative.It's one thing to be mentally unstable Bendis fails every time to have anything interesting or that make sense to come put of it.I would rather they send Sentry to space if their going to keep doing this.Sentry never gets to do anything.At least with Supes they give him a valid opponent in moderation.They don't do that with Sentry.He fights below his level almost all the time or they do something with his mental instability.That's why Dark Avengers is my least favorite Avengers book.Nothing that happens in it is worth a read.It's either they fight  and lose,Sentry dies,or they capture someone and they get away.That's DA in a nutshell. "
Nope, I agree. But he's still a b!tch. No idea why they ever brought him back anyway.
Avatar image for vance_astro
#39 Posted by vance_astro (90012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
And there is sex. "
Only because Moonstone is the team whore but she hasn't really done anything anyway so the only reason I remember she's on the team is because she's the one trying to be Ms.Marvel.
Moderator
Avatar image for the_martian
#40 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: So true.
Avatar image for vance_astro
#41 Posted by vance_astro (90012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
Nope, I agree. But he's still a b!tch. No idea why they ever brought him back anyway. "
That's not his character.Bendis' Sentry is a b#tch.Paul Jenkins' Sentry was alot more than that.People actually counted on him for more than being an errand boy who holds back on people he would otherwise beat to make them look good.
Moderator
Avatar image for andferne
#42 Posted by Andferne (38281 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:
And there is sex. "
Only because Moonstone is the team whore but she hasn't really done anything anyway so the only reason I remember she's on the team is because she's the one trying to be Ms.Marvel. "
That and sex sales. lol
Avatar image for gennadius
#43 Posted by Gennadius (265 posts) - - Show Bio

i loved siege cabal #1 and think im going to follow the whole thing but i want to see some more venom
Avatar image for vance_astro
#44 Edited by vance_astro (90012 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be nice if someone said where the hell Echo was in Siege too.I'm getting annoyed with that.

Moderator
Avatar image for the_martian
#45 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" It would be nice if someone said where the hell Echo was in Siege too.I'm getting annoyed with that too. "
Who's Echo? :P
Avatar image for vance_astro
#46 Posted by vance_astro (90012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" It would be nice if someone said where the hell Echo was in Siege too.I'm getting annoyed with that too. "
Who's Echo? :P "
Exactly.
Moderator
Avatar image for jean_luc_lebeau
#47 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82985 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for vance_astro
#48 Posted by vance_astro (90012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" Echo "
Echo is supposed to be popping up in Spider-Woman-Agent of S.W.O.R.D? Good because i've actually been watching that and it's good.I hope they also address why nobody gave a sh#t she was gone for this long.
Moderator
Avatar image for jean_luc_lebeau
#49 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82985 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: He's a B!tch who happens to be a jobber lol
Avatar image for vance_astro
#50 Posted by vance_astro (90012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Vance Astro: He's a B!tch who happens to be a jobber lol "
He's not really a jobber because he's only lost due to being depowered or holding back.He doesn't just lose to everyone for the hell of it like Gladiator.Now that's a jobber.
Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.