Follow

Siege

Story arc »

Norman Osborn's Dark Reign crumbles in the Siege of Asgard.

Read Marvel's SIEGE Prologue For Free!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Start your new year off with a bang!  

No Caption Provided
     If heading to your local comic book store every Wednesday is a basic part of your weekly routine, then there is no reason to put a halt on what you would normally do this week, especially if you simply cannot wait for Marvel's 'SIEGE' story arc to begin. If you need some reinforcement and feel like you cannot wait  to get your hands on SIEGE, then you should head over to the Marvel website and catch a sneak peak at the Prologue to SIEGE which Marvel is offering free of charge. That's right, they are letting you read a free comic book. As if that wasn't enough, if you head to your local shop tomorrow, Marvel is also giving away free copies of 'ORIGINS OF SIEGE' #1, written by Brian Michael Bendis and penciled by Oliver Coipel, as well as a free 2010 Marvel calendar and your very own Avenger ID card.  I would say that is a pretty good way to celebrate the new year! What do you guys think?     
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By sora_thekey

This is great for comic book readers from out of US

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Martian

This was okay. It didn't really move the story along at all. But its free so can't complain too much.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By goldenkey

I liked the art.  It's always nice to have something free, and it's a great way to check out the digital comics.  Im just glad Loki doesn't talk all thee and thou.  I hate the Thor speaks.  so lame.

Bergquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Bergquist

i called like 5 comicshops no one is going to get it
    MichaeltheFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#5  Edited By MichaeltheFly

Finally the Asgardians are making a comeback.

Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Dark Cell

Awesome...wonder if they will have that in Australia?....hmmm
    grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By grimreaper1980

you know, norman osborn looks like he was modeled after hugo weaving, the guy who played agent smith in the matrix trilogy

Illuminarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Illuminarch

That was an utterly hamfisted introduction. What a waste of nice artwork.

Norman: "Unnh! Loki!"
    Loki: "Norman, you look constipated. What's the matter?" 
    Norman: "My hair is terrible!"
    Loki: "Quite right, but there's nothing I can do about that. Wasn't there something else you wanted to ask me? Some story I can tell that will recapitulate the exposition at the beginning of this book, perhaps?"
    Norman: "I am commander of one of the most powerful security and intelligence organs in the world, yet I must feign ignorance and confusion on a topic that must be widely known to the average citizen by now, so that we can hand-hold first time readers through our sketchy continuity. WHAT...IS...ASGARD?!"

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Illuminarch said:
    "That was an utterly hamfisted introduction. What a waste of nice artwork.  Norman: "Unnh! Loki!" Loki: "Norman, you look constipated. What's the matter?"  Norman: "My hair is terrible!" Loki: "Quite right, but there's nothing I can do about that. Wasn't there something else you wanted to ask me? Some story I can tell that will recapitulate the exposition at the beginning of this book, perhaps?"Norman: "I am commander of one of the most powerful security and intelligence organs in the world, yet I must feign ignorance and confusion on a topic that must be widely known to the average citizen by now, so that we can hand-hold first time readers through our sketchy continuity. WHAT...IS...ASGARD?!" "

LMFAO
    Avatar image for hero_vs__villian
    hero vs. villian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By hero vs. villian

One reaction - ssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#11  Edited By No_Name_
    @goldenkey said:
    "

I liked the art.  It's always nice to have something free, and it's a great way to check out the digital comics.  Im just glad Loki doesn't talk all thee and thou.  I hate the Thor speaks.  so lame.

"
    @Nobody said:
    " This was okay. It didn't really move the story along at all. But its free so can't complain too much. "
    Looks like you guys are the only two that read it. Was it even worth your time? Do you think you'll stop by your local shop later today to pick up the first issue of SIEGE free? 

I thought it was pretty interesting that Marvel decided to give away all that free shwag knowing full well that DC would be selling the sixth issue of Blackest Night. Never to be outdone, I suppose.
    drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By drawme

Good one.

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By jefprice

I've been to every shop in my area and was completely unable to find anyone who got any of this stuff. All 3 of the local shop NC sponsors didn't have any of it, and the other one I called said they only had the samples and gave them to staff or something like that. I'm really pretty cranky about it, I was actually looking forward to this stuff.  

I know thats weird, I just like these little collectible items like this. Now 'm forced to start calling people and see who I can get the hook up from

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wasnt impressed, even for it being free. it was just an extended version of the last 
    3 pages of Siege: The Cabal #1 ( and by that i mean it was 5 pages, two of them single image spreads)
    with better art.

Avatar image for sierra_comics_captain
    Sierra Comics Captain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

By the end of siege i want these 3 things to happen. 
    1.  Mighty Avengers and New Avengers just combine and become the regular o'l Avengers . Personally I'm sick of the ( Insert Sub title) Avengers thing. 
    2. Clint Barton should go back to wearing his regular Hawkeye duds. The Ronin costume is cool but come on i want to see the o'l purple and blue's again. 
    3. Norman Osborn must die.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

It's not worth the read.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Media_Master

Nice art.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.