First Look: Marvel's 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'

• 148 results
#51 Edited by fables87 (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

They should put in some cameos of heroes that we probably won;t see in the movies. Cause I've never been interested in S.H.I.E.L.D. or the movie versions either. Maybe make it like the Smallville of Marvel maybe?

#52 Posted by kilomac29 (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Really looking forward to this show. I rewatched the Avengers yesterday, and I'll admit that it got a little dusty in my house when Coulson died. Oh, and I forgot how F'ing manipulative Nick Fury is.

#53 Posted by GothamRed (2618 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder if Wendell Vaughn will be in it

#54 Posted by doordoor123 (3817 posts) - - Show Bio

The full trailer will premiere tonight BTW.

The look of it reminds me of Dollhouse.

#55 Edited by doordoor123 (3817 posts) - - Show Bio

@darklydreamingdeadpool said:

i'm really a bit dissapointed by the show. the cast, except coulson, looks pretty awful. especially the female cast, they don't look like scientists or whatever, rather than people from jersey shore.

i hope it's not some kind of fringe x-files rip off.

You realize there was barely anything, right? If you don't like Whedon's shows, you probably won't like this. I loved Firefly, Dollhouse, and Buffy.

Judging movies early by something like this is fine, but TV shows are different. I watch a lot of TV (like way too much) and I've noticed that most shows don't even know what they are until the second season. Or at least until a couple episodes in. Then there are tons of great pilots, but then the rest of the show is terrible. Then there are shows that just go through rough patches when the writers can't think of anything creative enough. These things take time. I didn't really like any of Joss' shows at first. I think his shows are kind of slow burners, but this one will have high expectations. I can only think this will be good from the get-go.

I have no idea where you got the Jersey Shore thing from. Maybe the fake boobs? What do scientists look like by the way? Cue: Bill Nye.

My only complain is that there is no black person on the main cast and I don't really like the costumes.

#56 Posted by queenfrost_ (2613 posts) - - Show Bio

- Will they use this show to introduce more minority characters, then transfer them over into films? Instead of changes races in live action of already established characters. I sure hope so, that'll be brilliant.

Why instead?

#57 Posted by Colby_Cheese (74 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided
#58 Edited by Namor1987 (2096 posts) - - Show Bio

It's obviously Cage. Come on people look at the way he fell that's classic Luke Cage shit right there.

Coulson LIVES

#59 Posted by notarandomguy (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94 said:
No Caption Provided

@novi_homines: Falcon is going to be in Captain America:The Winter Soldier so I'm guessing it's Luke Cage! SWEET CHRISTMAS!

We don't have to be guessing around, did anyone saw those yellow pants? I mean who but Cage would wear pants THAT yellow?

#60 Posted by Porcupeth (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see what the big deal is about Coulson. Boring, uninteresting character... should have stayed dead

#61 Posted by Toxinalolic (27 posts) - - Show Bio

"That was real short but it looks cool, can't wait until the show starts."

#62 Edited by lilben42 (2702 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Edited by Mercy_ (94928 posts) - - Show Bio

*____*

#64 Edited by Stormbox (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad

#65 Posted by Perfect 10 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

hope they wont be too ambitious and spend waaay too much money on special effects effecting the whole overall production of the show as it has been done to other series. it looks really good, more like a movie than a tv show. cant believe that this is really about to happen. hopefully this will be successful so other marvel shows that have been on the back burner can finally be made (cloak and dagger, alias, mockingbird)

#66 Posted by Perfect 10 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_burn: i couldnt tell what race he was, even with pausing it. he has a mouth mask and hood on. but when he landed he cracked the ground so some form of super strength is involved. could be a new character though

#67 Posted by sentryman555 (883 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I hope this won't tie in with the movies too closely. I'm all for it being set in the Marvel cinematic universe but I don't want to go see Avengers 2 and feel like I'm missing out on something because I didn't watch the show.

#68 Posted by Owie (7248 posts) - - Show Bio

This actually looks pretty sweet. Although that cast picture in the comments looks kind of cheesy.

#69 Edited by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Who do you guys think the villains will be?

I'm hoping for some awesome Taskmaster action.

#70 Posted by JLDoom (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man, that was actually pretty cool.

#71 Edited by Mandrewgora (304 posts) - - Show Bio

7 seconds, is not enough. What the heck is going on?

#72 Posted by DH69 (4324 posts) - - Show Bio

COULSON!!!

#73 Posted by SmashBrawler (6033 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

If that's Luke Cage at the start, it'll be a very sweet Christmas indeed.

No way that isn't Cage.

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool
#74 Posted by DarklyDreamingDeadpool (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123:

i'm a big fan of whedons tv shows, i love buffy and angel is still my favorite tv show of all time.

where do i get the shore thing? the cast looks very young and not very convincingly. the girls look as if they were straight cast from a beach.

i don't judge the whole show, just what i see so far. maybe the show is better in the end, or maybe it's gonna be the first bad whedon show.

#75 Posted by Perfect 10 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

there is now a 30 second promo on youtube. the guy who played Gunn on angel is the guy in the clip with super strength. so hope he is Luke Cage.

#76 Posted by Perfect 10 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

@amutant: Ming-Na is all kinds of awesome. she was the only reason i was looking forward to this show since they werent using any real shield agents there were no characters to draw me in. now we got a possible luke cage along with ming-na?? SOLD!

#77 Edited by Mrfuzzynutz (1626 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it is successful, we need some good marvel tv shows on. Smallville got us Birds of Prey and Arrow to air ( BofP..not so much..). So here is hoping we can see heroes for hire, or moon knight or dr strange hit the air, maybe

#78 Posted by doordoor123 (3817 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123:

i'm a big fan of whedons tv shows, i love buffy and angel is still my favorite tv show of all time.

where do i get the shore thing? the cast looks very young and not very convincingly. the girls look as if they were straight cast from a beach.

i don't judge the whole show, just what i see so far. maybe the show is better in the end, or maybe it's gonna be the first bad whedon show.

They look young? I disagree. I don't think they look young at all. They all look like they're in their mid-20s to mid-30s other then Coulson. He looks like he's forty-five. It's a show for a young audience. What do you expect. These aren't teenagers and none of the cast is really filled-out all that much. None of the guys look like meat-heads. If they're "not convincingly" very young, doesn't that make them look older? Isn't that a good thing. Maybe you should reword that to say what you really mean, because I'm not understanding that phrase.

"Cast from a beach." LOL. I don't think that is the right words I would use. I don't think the girls look like they have much charisma. They look boring and average. I don't think they look like slutty bikini girls. They look like actors that never get parts. I like that about them. I like no names because they could end up surprising you and they could be pretty good. Maybe that is the point though. As Shield agents, they don't really want to stand out. This isn't strictly a comedy where everyone has to have a ton of charisma. I'm actually surprised Whedon didn't use actors he has used in the past (he usually does). I have hope. After Cabin in the Woods and Avengers, I have more hope in Whedon then I ever have.

#79 Edited by thedez (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I need to see some uniforms.

#80 Posted by SobeCin (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotham331:

Because Nick Fury face-palmed when Stark gave out his address and said "NO!"

#81 Posted by CommanderShiro (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't freaking wait to watch this

#82 Edited by Cage_2913_69 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Was that Luke Cage at the beginning. He was black! PLEASE!!!!!!

#83 Posted by Mercy_ (94928 posts) - - Show Bio

This show's gonna be awesome.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
#84 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10191 posts) - - Show Bio

Coulson is Marvel's best prospect.

#85 Edited by cfrehse (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotham331: i just figure cap is dealing with winter soldier and thor is saving his realm. They must be going on at the same time. The movie was prob only over about a 3 day period

#86 Posted by DonFelipe (2339 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's the slow forward button?

#88 Posted by the_stegman (40418 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Posted by Rookseven (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who thinks that explosion that's retreating into itself while Coulson walks towards it looks vaguely human-shaped? Could it be Nitro reforming?!?

#90 Posted by DonFelipe (2339 posts) - - Show Bio
#91 Posted by SeamusHiram (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotham331: You present an interesting question...

#92 Edited by nappystr8 (1548 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I'm excited about this now. Production value and choreography seem much better than I was expecting. Robots and super powers and all kinds of good stuff. Seems like they won't be shying away from S.H.I.E.L.D.'s crazy comic book roots at all.

#93 Edited by daltonmunnal (181 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really glad I'm not alone in assuming that's Luke Cage. Gives me hope.

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
#94 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (683 posts) - - Show Bio

COOooooollll!!!!! Someone finally decided to remake 'The Misfits of Science'!

(loved that show)

#95 Posted by JonSmith (4529 posts) - - Show Bio

Loading Video...

I like how DC's method for live action production, be it TV or film, of their comics is to exorcise as much of the comic book-y crazy as possible, while Marvel's is to intimately embrace it.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#96 Posted by StMichalofWilson (5639 posts) - - Show Bio

Coulson Lives! Flynn Lives! Peter Parker Lives! Khan Lives!

#97 Posted by ShadowX (1329 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith: this! I feel like that is DC in general. Look at Injustice:Gods Among Us as oppose to Marvel Vs. capcom 3.

#98 Edited by the_stegman (40418 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith: I agree, DC goes for the more..well, I guess I can use the word "realistic" approach while Marvel just goes all out with comic book shenanigans. I actually think both methods work just in different ways.

#99 Edited by DH69 (4324 posts) - - Show Bio

alright i'm getting my hopes up on this one...

"Don't touch Lola" lmfoa

#100 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

Cou

Coulson Lives, get over it people

YEAH! Fury LIED when he told the Avengers that Agent Coulson died! We know that he lied about Agent Coulson's collector cards, ergo he lied about the rest of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.