Follow

She-Hulk

Character » She-Hulk appears in 3187 issues.

After being shot by mobsters, Jennifer Walter received a life-saving blood transfusion from her cousin Bruce Banner, aka The Hulk. Due to Banner's irradiated blood, Jennifer gained the ability to transform into the Sensational She-Hulk. She is a recurring member of the Avengers.

Why Does She-Hulk not have big muscles?

• 73 results
    jl9233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jl9233

The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    jl9233 said:
    "The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?"
    Because she is a woman. Women don't get that ridiculously big, even on steroids.
    Avatar image for platinumwarrior
    Platinumwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Platinumwarrior

Grace seems too lol
    Grace seems too lol
    Overkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Overkill

No, cuz that wouldn't be attractive.

Hot? Hell no!
    Hot? Hell no!
    LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LordCosmicKing
    inferiorego said:
    "jl9233 said:
    "The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?"
    Because she is a woman. Women don't get that ridiculously big, even on steroids."
    have you ever seen a muscle magazine at the grocery store?  women can get disgustingly big.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    jl9233 said:
    I don't see how the way she is now makes less sense than what you're saying.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    LordCosmicKing said:
    "inferiorego said:
    "jl9233 said:
    Because she is a woman. Women don't get that ridiculously big, even on steroids."
    have you ever seen a muscle magazine at the grocery store?  women can get disgustingly big.

"
    But he's talking about Hulk big. Even the most muscular woman is no where near as big as the most muscular man.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    inferiorego said:
    "LordCosmicKing said:
    "inferiorego said:
    "jl9233 said:

"
    But he's talking about Hulk big. Even the most muscular woman is no where near as big as the most muscular man."
    Truth.COM
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Vance Astro said:
    "inferiorego said:
    "LordCosmicKing said:
    "inferiorego said:
    "jl9233 said:

"
    But he's talking about Hulk big. Even the most muscular woman is no where near as big as the most muscular man."
    Truth.COM"
    now you made me want to smoke....
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    inferiorego said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "inferiorego said:
    "LordCosmicKing said:
    "inferiorego said:
    "jl9233 said:

"
    Truth.COM"
    now you made me want to smoke...."
    Awesome...go go go.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    aztek the lost said:
    "jl9233 said:
    because women in comics are used as sexual devices to sell more comics, no one (at least that I know) finds a woman as muscular as the Hulk sexually appealing"
    If that was true.Luke Cage,John Jameson,and Tony Stark would have had sex with her.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Vance Astro said:
    "aztek the lost said:
    "jl9233 said:
    because women in comics are used as sexual devices to sell more comics, no one (at least that I know) finds a woman as muscular as the Hulk sexually appealing"
    If that was true.Luke Cage,John Jameson,and Tony Stark would have had sex with her."
    You forgot Juggernaut.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    inferiorego said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "aztek the lost said:
    "jl9233 said:
    If that was true.Luke Cage,John Jameson,and Tony Stark would have had sex with her."
    You forgot Juggernaut."
    She never had Sex with Juggernaut.That was non-canon.That's why when Wolverine said..I don't want Juggernaut's leftovers..she said "Why does everyone keep saying that?" It was Wolverine breaking the 4th wall.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Vance Astro said:
    "inferiorego said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "aztek the lost said:
    "jl9233 said:
    You forgot Juggernaut."
    She never had Sex with Juggernaut.That was non-canon.That's why when Wolverine said..I don't want Juggernaut's leftovers..she said "Why does everyone keep saying that?" It was Wolverine breaking the 4th wall."
    I'm still going to believe it.
    mira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mira

She has if she gets berserk.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By G'bandit
    Overkill said:
    "No, cuz that wouldn't be attractive.

Hot? Hell no!
    Hot? Hell no!
    "
    EW
    superzboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By superzboy

yes they get big bigger than most male body biulders

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DEADPOOL

I like toned, athletic women, but I don't find women with bulging muscles to be attractive. Some artists do depict She-Hulk with bulging muscles, and I don't like those versions of her.

Vance Astro
    said:

She never had Sex with Juggernaut.That was non-canon.That's why when Wolverine said..I don't want Juggernaut's leftovers..she said "Why does everyone keep saying that?" It was Wolverine breaking the 4th wall."
    I believe you're incorrect. Our She-Hulk never had sex with Juggernaut, but an alternate reality She-Hulk did. See, the ordeal was retconned and it turned out that counterparts from another universe, whom have no powers, sometimes sneak over into our reality where they get the powers of their counterparts and have some fun before going back to their reality.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    DEADPOOL said:
    "I like toned, athletic women, but I don't find women with bulging muscles to be attractive. Some artists do depict She-Hulk with bulging muscles, and I don't like those versions of her.

Vance Astro
    said:
    Our She-Hulk never had sex with Juggernaut, but an alternate reality She-Hulk did. See, the ordeal was retconned and it turned out that counterparts from another universe, whom have no powers, sometimes sneak over into our reality where they get the powers of their counterparts."
    I'm pretty sure "that was not canon" already explained this.
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DEADPOOL
    Vance Astro said:
    "DEADPOOL said:
    "I like toned, athletic women, but I don't find women with bulging muscles to be attractive. Some artists do depict She-Hulk with bulging muscles, and I don't like those versions of her.

Vance Astro
    said:
    Our She-Hulk never had sex with Juggernaut, but an alternate reality She-Hulk did. See, the ordeal was retconned and it turned out that counterparts from another universe, whom have no powers, sometimes sneak over into our reality where they get the powers of their counterparts."
    I'm pretty sure "that was not canon" already explained this."
    I edited my previous post with scans while you were posting this. I never read the issue, but if you have then please explain what happened.
    Echoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Echoes

Because that would ruin Marvel's chance at more sex appeal of course.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#24  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

It happened and is canon, it just didn't happen with our universes's she-hulk.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Echoes said:
    "Because that would ruin Marvel's chance at more sex appeal of course."
    I think her berserk form in Disassembled ruined that.
    Echoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Echoes
    Vance Astro said:
    "Echoes said:
    "Because that would ruin Marvel's chance at more sex appeal of course."
    I think her berserk form in Disassembled ruined that."
    lol
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    DEADPOOL said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "DEADPOOL said:

Vance Astro
    said:
    I'm pretty sure "that was not canon" already explained this."
    I edited my previous post with scans while you were posting this. I never read the issue, but if you have then please explain what happened."
    Everyone don't who mentioned the Juggernaut thing in the comic..I assume aren't aware that the real She-Hulk didn't have sex with Juggernaut.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By SUNMAN

She-Hulk has slept with everyone, or aleast tries too. I know Wolvie turned her down

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    SUNMAN said:
    "She-Hulk has slept with everyone, or aleast tries too. I know Wolvie turned her down"
    She hasn't slept with everyone and she doesn't try to either.She has turned people down herself..even broke the 4th wall to do so.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SUNMAN
    Vance Astro said:
    "SUNMAN said:
    "She-Hulk has slept with everyone, or aleast tries too. I know Wolvie turned her down"
    She hasn't slept with everyone and she doesn't try to either.She has turned people down herself..even broke the 4th wall to do so.
    "
    okay I was exaggerrating. But I would say she is one of the top 10 most premiscuous heroes of the marvel universe. Off the top of my head I can think of 6 maybe 7 heroes she has banged. And I know she has slept with normal dudes as well. 
    nothing wrong with it though. I love She-Hulk
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    SUNMAN said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "SUNMAN said:
    "
    okay I was exaggerrating. But I would say she is one of the top 10 most premiscuous heroes of the marvel universe. Off the top of my head I can think of 6 maybe 7 heroes she has banged. And I know she has slept with normal dudes as well. 
    nothing wrong with it though. I love She-Hulk
    "
    Name them.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SUNMAN

Juggernaut
    Luke Cage
    Wyatt Wingfoot
    Manwolf
    Hawkeye in What If?

Ironman
    Hercules

Than there are at least 3 or 4 random guys I recall she has banged. She-Hulk is one of the most promiscuous, well known heroines in marvel. Not saying it is a bad thing, just saying
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    SUNMAN said:
    "Juggernaut
    Luke Cage
    Wyatt Wingfoot
    Manwolf
    Hawkeye in What If?
    Ironman
    Hercules

Than there are at least 3 or 4 random guys I recall she has banged. She-Hulk is one of the most promiscuous, well known heroines in marvel. Not saying it is a bad thing, just saying
    "
    Juggernaut has sex with an alternate reality She-Hulk
    Luke Cage,Iron Man,Manwolf and Wyatt Wingfoot are right.
    What if's are a different universe and Hercules never happened.

There were no random guys.

Also...Iron Man and Cage are the only people she had sex with but wasn't dating.She was married to John Jameson\Manwolf and she was planned on marrying Wyatt.I don't call that promiscuous.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SUNMAN

She dated Cage for a very brief period of time. And even though there may not have been scans of her sleeping with Average guys it has been assumed/alluded to in her books. Also I think she also slept with Starfox and The Man-Thing.

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1

Her Muscle is condensed, causing her to look normal.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

She's She-Hulk...

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DEADPOOL

There's "Fluff" and then there's "Buff." Fluff is big, bulging muscles. And while very strong, they aren't as strong as they look. Then there's Buff, that's strength-building. Buff is smaller than fluff, but is denser and stronger than Fluff.

Psychotime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Psychotime

Because most female characters are intended to entice male viewers.

This is repulsive.

Nibiru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nibiru

It's because she's a woman in a comic...

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By dane
    SUNMAN said:
    Totally absurd, Wolverine has had sex with everyone in MU. Everyone.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kind of confused by the OP's question...you've seen She-Hulk right?

No Caption Provided

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By MrMiracle77

She Hulk's emotional factor that triggers her transformation is fear, as opposed to Bruce's factor which is anger.  As a result, Shulkie normally reaches a cap.  Once she's strong enough, her self-confidence takes over and she no longer feels fear.  There have been occasions where she's passed that cap, namely the Red Mist and Disassembled storylines.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not to mention her body contains estrogen, which likely levels out her form, and maybe increases with transformation

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DEADPOOL
    CATMANEXE said:
    "not to mention her body contains estrogen, which likely levels out her form, and maybe increases with transformation"
    Good point.
    ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By ComicCrazy

i think she should still have bulging muscles i know it doesnt look attractive at all but she hulk is not supposed to look attractive i mean its not like hulk is really handsome.

X-23/Elixir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By X-23/Elixir

...she gets HUGE when she's pissed and is trying.

AgentOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AgentOrange
    @jl9233:  Well when she was fighting the Champion of the Universe who had the soul storm of power she had to switch off her She hulk'ness and go back to Jennifer Walters and get her skinny pink but into the gym to buff up. By doing so and then changing back to the Green flirt Machine she had massive muscles.
    Basically She hulk is just more of what Jennifer Walters has already got in the Bod department.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

2 pages is too much for this question.It's common sense.

Evan Snow-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Evan Snow-Wolf

All of these scientific answers are complete B.S. There is no scientific reason She Hulk has no muscle. None. Zero. 

She Hulk has no muscle because Marvel doesn't MAKE muscular women. Period. No matter how much Strength the female is supposed to have, they will never draw them REGULARLY with larger than 14" biceps and maybe some abs. Make yourself a list of Superstrength females. Now do a muscle check. EXACTLY.  

There is ONE exception. And that is Titania, a bad guy. Good guy females do not get muscle. There is a sexist attitude that muscles are a man only trait. I stand by my long time belief that if you were to take a picture of She Hulk that was not wearing a uniform, copy it and save it as a Black and White image, no one would ever be able to tell you which Marvel character you were showing them. Its a lazy tactic where any picture of Jennifer GREEN is She-Hulk. 

Characters like Bishop and Cyclops are drawn with more more muscle, despite having no special strength powers, then female characters listed as capable of lifting double digits in terms of tonnage. Its sexist, pure and simple to sell comics. And I really don't think its too much to ask for 5 - 10 females to be drawn accurately with upper limit bodybuilder style muscles when the other 3,000 Marvel women are drawn like they came out of MAXIM magazine.
    Taima Cha'Tima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Taima Cha'Tima

Female anotomy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.