Why Does She-Hulk not have big muscles?

  • 63 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for jl9233
#1 Posted by jl9233 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?

Avatar image for inferiorego
#2 Posted by inferiorego (25654 posts) - - Show Bio
jl9233 said:
"The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?"
Because she is a woman. Women don't get that ridiculously big, even on steroids.
Staff
Avatar image for platinumwarrior
#3 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2851 posts) - - Show Bio

Grace seems too lol
Grace seems too lol
Avatar image for overkill
#4 Edited by Overkill (421 posts) - - Show Bio

No, cuz that wouldn't be attractive.

Hot? Hell no!
Hot? Hell no!
Avatar image for lordcosmicking
#5 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2717 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"jl9233 said:
"The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?"
Because she is a woman. Women don't get that ridiculously big, even on steroids."
have you ever seen a muscle magazine at the grocery store?  women can get disgustingly big.

Avatar image for vance_astro
#6 Posted by vance_astro (90022 posts) - - Show Bio
jl9233 said:
"The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?"
I don't see how the way she is now makes less sense than what you're saying.
Moderator
Avatar image for inferiorego
#7 Posted by inferiorego (25654 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"inferiorego said:
"jl9233 said:
"The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?"
Because she is a woman. Women don't get that ridiculously big, even on steroids."
have you ever seen a muscle magazine at the grocery store?  women can get disgustingly big.

"
But he's talking about Hulk big. Even the most muscular woman is no where near as big as the most muscular man.
Staff
Avatar image for vance_astro
#8 Posted by vance_astro (90022 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"inferiorego said:
"jl9233 said:
"The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?"
Because she is a woman. Women don't get that ridiculously big, even on steroids."
have you ever seen a muscle magazine at the grocery store?  women can get disgustingly big.

"
But he's talking about Hulk big. Even the most muscular woman is no where near as big as the most muscular man."
Truth.COM
Moderator
Avatar image for inferiorego
#9 Posted by inferiorego (25654 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"inferiorego said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"inferiorego said:
"jl9233 said:
"The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?"
Because she is a woman. Women don't get that ridiculously big, even on steroids."
have you ever seen a muscle magazine at the grocery store?  women can get disgustingly big.

"
But he's talking about Hulk big. Even the most muscular woman is no where near as big as the most muscular man."
Truth.COM"
now you made me want to smoke....
Staff
Avatar image for vance_astro
#10 Posted by vance_astro (90022 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"inferiorego said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"inferiorego said:
"jl9233 said:
"The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?"
Because she is a woman. Women don't get that ridiculously big, even on steroids."
have you ever seen a muscle magazine at the grocery store?  women can get disgustingly big.

"
But he's talking about Hulk big. Even the most muscular woman is no where near as big as the most muscular man."
Truth.COM"
now you made me want to smoke...."
Awesome...go go go.
Moderator
Avatar image for asymmetrical
#11 Posted by Asymmetrical (23750 posts) - - Show Bio
jl9233 said:
"The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?"
because women in comics are used as sexual devices to sell more comics, no one (at least that I know) finds a woman as muscular as the Hulk sexually appealing
Avatar image for vance_astro
#12 Posted by vance_astro (90022 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"jl9233 said:
"The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?"
because women in comics are used as sexual devices to sell more comics, no one (at least that I know) finds a woman as muscular as the Hulk sexually appealing"
If that was true.Luke Cage,John Jameson,and Tony Stark would have had sex with her.
Moderator
Avatar image for inferiorego
#13 Posted by inferiorego (25654 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"aztek the lost said:
"jl9233 said:
"The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?"
because women in comics are used as sexual devices to sell more comics, no one (at least that I know) finds a woman as muscular as the Hulk sexually appealing"
If that was true.Luke Cage,John Jameson,and Tony Stark would have had sex with her."
You forgot Juggernaut.
Staff
Avatar image for asymmetrical
#14 Posted by Asymmetrical (23750 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"aztek the lost said:
"jl9233 said:
"The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?"
because women in comics are used as sexual devices to sell more comics, no one (at least that I know) finds a woman as muscular as the Hulk sexually appealing"
If that was true.Luke Cage,John Jameson,and Tony Stark would have had sex with her."
You forgot Juggernaut."
but Juggernaut has had sex with her?

confused
Avatar image for vance_astro
#15 Posted by vance_astro (90022 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"aztek the lost said:
"jl9233 said:
"The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?"
because women in comics are used as sexual devices to sell more comics, no one (at least that I know) finds a woman as muscular as the Hulk sexually appealing"
If that was true.Luke Cage,John Jameson,and Tony Stark would have had sex with her."
You forgot Juggernaut."
She never had Sex with Juggernaut.That was non-canon.That's why when Wolverine said..I don't want Juggernaut's leftovers..she said "Why does everyone keep saying that?" It was Wolverine breaking the 4th wall.
Moderator
Avatar image for inferiorego
#16 Posted by inferiorego (25654 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"inferiorego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"aztek the lost said:
"jl9233 said:
"The Hulk has huge bulging muscles. Why does She-Hulk only look like a talling average woman with green skin? Would it not make since for the She-Hulk to have huge bulging muscles the pop out all over?"
because women in comics are used as sexual devices to sell more comics, no one (at least that I know) finds a woman as muscular as the Hulk sexually appealing"
If that was true.Luke Cage,John Jameson,and Tony Stark would have had sex with her."
You forgot Juggernaut."
She never had Sex with Juggernaut.That was non-canon.That's why when Wolverine said..I don't want Juggernaut's leftovers..she said "Why does everyone keep saying that?" It was Wolverine breaking the 4th wall."
I'm still going to believe it.
Staff
Avatar image for mira
#17 Posted by mira (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

She has if she gets berserk.

Avatar image for g_bandit
#18 Posted by G'bandit (13664 posts) - - Show Bio
Overkill said:
"No, cuz that wouldn't be attractive.

Hot? Hell no!
Hot? Hell no!
"
EW
Avatar image for superzboy
#19 Posted by superzboy (27 posts) - - Show Bio

yes they get big bigger than most male body biulders

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
#20 Edited by DEADPOOL (2945 posts) - - Show Bio

I like toned, athletic women, but I don't find women with bulging muscles to be attractive. Some artists do depict She-Hulk with bulging muscles, and I don't like those versions of her.

Vance Astro
said:

She never had Sex with Juggernaut.That was non-canon.That's why when Wolverine said..I don't want Juggernaut's leftovers..she said "Why does everyone keep saying that?" It was Wolverine breaking the 4th wall."
I believe you're incorrect. Our She-Hulk never had sex with Juggernaut, but an alternate reality She-Hulk did. See, the ordeal was retconned and it turned out that counterparts from another universe, whom have no powers, sometimes sneak over into our reality where they get the powers of their counterparts and have some fun before going back to their reality.


No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for vance_astro
#21 Posted by vance_astro (90022 posts) - - Show Bio
DEADPOOL said:
"I like toned, athletic women, but I don't find women with bulging muscles to be attractive. Some artists do depict She-Hulk with bulging muscles, and I don't like those versions of her.

Vance Astro
said:
She never had Sex with Juggernaut.That was non-canon.That's why when Wolverine said..I don't want Juggernaut's leftovers..she said "Why does everyone keep saying that?" It was Wolverine breaking the 4th wall."
Our She-Hulk never had sex with Juggernaut, but an alternate reality She-Hulk did. See, the ordeal was retconned and it turned out that counterparts from another universe, whom have no powers, sometimes sneak over into our reality where they get the powers of their counterparts."
I'm pretty sure "that was not canon" already explained this.
Moderator
Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
#22 Posted by DEADPOOL (2945 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"DEADPOOL said:
"I like toned, athletic women, but I don't find women with bulging muscles to be attractive. Some artists do depict She-Hulk with bulging muscles, and I don't like those versions of her.

Vance Astro
said:
She never had Sex with Juggernaut.That was non-canon.That's why when Wolverine said..I don't want Juggernaut's leftovers..she said "Why does everyone keep saying that?" It was Wolverine breaking the 4th wall."
Our She-Hulk never had sex with Juggernaut, but an alternate reality She-Hulk did. See, the ordeal was retconned and it turned out that counterparts from another universe, whom have no powers, sometimes sneak over into our reality where they get the powers of their counterparts."
I'm pretty sure "that was not canon" already explained this."
I edited my previous post with scans while you were posting this. I never read the issue, but if you have then please explain what happened.
Avatar image for echoes
#23 Posted by Echoes (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Because that would ruin Marvel's chance at more sex appeal of course.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#24 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19546 posts) - - Show Bio

It happened and is canon, it just didn't happen with our universes's she-hulk.

Moderator
Avatar image for vance_astro
#25 Posted by vance_astro (90022 posts) - - Show Bio
Echoes said:
"Because that would ruin Marvel's chance at more sex appeal of course."
I think her berserk form in Disassembled ruined that.
Moderator
Avatar image for echoes
#26 Posted by Echoes (164 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Echoes said:
"Because that would ruin Marvel's chance at more sex appeal of course."
I think her berserk form in Disassembled ruined that."
lol
Avatar image for vance_astro
#27 Posted by vance_astro (90022 posts) - - Show Bio
DEADPOOL said:
"Vance Astro said:
"DEADPOOL said:
"I like toned, athletic women, but I don't find women with bulging muscles to be attractive. Some artists do depict She-Hulk with bulging muscles, and I don't like those versions of her.

Vance Astro
said:
She never had Sex with Juggernaut.That was non-canon.That's why when Wolverine said..I don't want Juggernaut's leftovers..she said "Why does everyone keep saying that?" It was Wolverine breaking the 4th wall."
Our She-Hulk never had sex with Juggernaut, but an alternate reality She-Hulk did. See, the ordeal was retconned and it turned out that counterparts from another universe, whom have no powers, sometimes sneak over into our reality where they get the powers of their counterparts."
I'm pretty sure "that was not canon" already explained this."
I edited my previous post with scans while you were posting this. I never read the issue, but if you have then please explain what happened."
Everyone don't who mentioned the Juggernaut thing in the comic..I assume aren't aware that the real She-Hulk didn't have sex with Juggernaut.
Moderator
Avatar image for sunman
#28 Posted by SUNMAN (7824 posts) - - Show Bio

She-Hulk has slept with everyone, or aleast tries too. I know Wolvie turned her down

Avatar image for vance_astro
#29 Posted by vance_astro (90022 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"She-Hulk has slept with everyone, or aleast tries too. I know Wolvie turned her down"
She hasn't slept with everyone and she doesn't try to either.She has turned people down herself..even broke the 4th wall to do so.
Moderator
Avatar image for sunman
#30 Edited by SUNMAN (7824 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"She-Hulk has slept with everyone, or aleast tries too. I know Wolvie turned her down"
She hasn't slept with everyone and she doesn't try to either.She has turned people down herself..even broke the 4th wall to do so.
"
okay I was exaggerrating. But I would say she is one of the top 10 most premiscuous heroes of the marvel universe. Off the top of my head I can think of 6 maybe 7 heroes she has banged. And I know she has slept with normal dudes as well. 
nothing wrong with it though. I love She-Hulk
Avatar image for vance_astro
#31 Posted by vance_astro (90022 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"She-Hulk has slept with everyone, or aleast tries too. I know Wolvie turned her down"
She hasn't slept with everyone and she doesn't try to either.She has turned people down herself..even broke the 4th wall to do so.
"
okay I was exaggerrating. But I would say she is one of the top 10 most premiscuous heroes of the marvel universe. Off the top of my head I can think of 6 maybe 7 heroes she has banged. And I know she has slept with normal dudes as well. 
nothing wrong with it though. I love She-Hulk
"
Name them.
Moderator
Avatar image for sunman
#32 Posted by SUNMAN (7824 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut
Luke Cage
Wyatt Wingfoot
Manwolf
Hawkeye in What If?

Ironman
Hercules

Than there are at least 3 or 4 random guys I recall she has banged. She-Hulk is one of the most promiscuous, well known heroines in marvel. Not saying it is a bad thing, just saying
Avatar image for vance_astro
#33 Edited by vance_astro (90022 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"Juggernaut
Luke Cage
Wyatt Wingfoot
Manwolf
Hawkeye in What If?
Ironman
Hercules

Than there are at least 3 or 4 random guys I recall she has banged. She-Hulk is one of the most promiscuous, well known heroines in marvel. Not saying it is a bad thing, just saying
"
Juggernaut has sex with an alternate reality She-Hulk
Luke Cage,Iron Man,Manwolf and Wyatt Wingfoot are right.
What if's are a different universe and Hercules never happened.

There were no random guys.

Also...Iron Man and Cage are the only people she had sex with but wasn't dating.She was married to John Jameson\Manwolf and she was planned on marrying Wyatt.I don't call that promiscuous.
Moderator
Avatar image for sunman
#34 Edited by SUNMAN (7824 posts) - - Show Bio

She dated Cage for a very brief period of time. And even though there may not have been scans of her sleeping with Average guys it has been assumed/alluded to in her books. Also I think she also slept with Starfox and The Man-Thing.

Avatar image for venom_hulker_1
#35 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1669 posts) - - Show Bio

Her Muscle is condensed, causing her to look normal.

Avatar image for vance_astro
#36 Posted by vance_astro (90022 posts) - - Show Bio

She's She-Hulk...

Moderator
Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
#37 Posted by DEADPOOL (2945 posts) - - Show Bio

There's "Fluff" and then there's "Buff." Fluff is big, bulging muscles. And while very strong, they aren't as strong as they look. Then there's Buff, that's strength-building. Buff is smaller than fluff, but is denser and stronger than Fluff.

Avatar image for psychotime
#38 Posted by Psychotime (821 posts) - - Show Bio

Because most female characters are intended to entice male viewers.



This is repulsive.

Avatar image for nibiru
#39 Posted by Nibiru (683 posts) - - Show Bio

It's because she's a woman in a comic...

Avatar image for dane
#40 Posted by dane (10815 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"She-Hulk has slept with everyone, or aleast tries too. I know Wolvie turned her down"
Totally absurd, Wolverine has had sex with everyone in MU. Everyone.
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
#41 Posted by defaultdefaultdefault (16426 posts) - - Show Bio

kind of confused by the OP's question...you've seen She-Hulk right?


No Caption Provided


Avatar image for mrmiracle77
#42 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

She Hulk's emotional factor that triggers her transformation is fear, as opposed to Bruce's factor which is anger.  As a result, Shulkie normally reaches a cap.  Once she's strong enough, her self-confidence takes over and she no longer feels fear.  There have been occasions where she's passed that cap, namely the Red Mist and Disassembled storylines.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
#43 Posted by defaultdefaultdefault (16426 posts) - - Show Bio

not to mention her body contains estrogen, which likely levels out her form, and maybe increases with transformation

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
#44 Posted by DEADPOOL (2945 posts) - - Show Bio
CATMANEXE said:
"not to mention her body contains estrogen, which likely levels out her form, and maybe increases with transformation"
Good point.
Avatar image for comiccrazy
#45 Posted by ComicCrazy (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

i think she should still have bulging muscles i know it doesnt look attractive at all but she hulk is not supposed to look attractive i mean its not like hulk is really handsome.

Avatar image for x_23_elixir
#46 Posted by X-23/Elixir (35 posts) - - Show Bio

...she gets HUGE when she's pissed and is trying.

Avatar image for agentorange
#47 Posted by AgentOrange (322 posts) - - Show Bio
@jl9233:  Well when she was fighting the Champion of the Universe who had the soul storm of power she had to switch off her She hulk'ness and go back to Jennifer Walters and get her skinny pink but into the gym to buff up. By doing so and then changing back to the Green flirt Machine she had massive muscles.
Basically She hulk is just more of what Jennifer Walters has already got in the Bod department.
Avatar image for vance_astro
#48 Posted by vance_astro (90022 posts) - - Show Bio

2 pages is too much for this question.It's common sense.

Moderator
Avatar image for evan_snow_wolf
#49 Posted by Evan Snow-Wolf (21 posts) - - Show Bio

All of these scientific answers are complete B.S. There is no scientific reason She Hulk has no muscle. None. Zero. 
 
She Hulk has no muscle because Marvel doesn't MAKE muscular women. Period. No matter how much Strength the female is supposed to have, they will never draw them REGULARLY with larger than 14" biceps and maybe some abs. Make yourself a list of Superstrength females. Now do a muscle check. EXACTLY.  
 
There is ONE exception. And that is Titania, a bad guy. Good guy females do not get muscle. There is a sexist attitude that muscles are a man only trait. I stand by my long time belief that if you were to take a picture of She Hulk that was not wearing a uniform, copy it and save it as a Black and White image, no one would ever be able to tell you which Marvel character you were showing them. Its a lazy tactic where any picture of Jennifer GREEN is She-Hulk. 
 
Characters like Bishop and Cyclops are drawn with more more muscle, despite having no special strength powers, then female characters listed as capable of lifting double digits in terms of tonnage. Its sexist, pure and simple to sell comics. And I really don't think its too much to ask for 5 - 10 females to be drawn accurately with upper limit bodybuilder style muscles when the other 3,000 Marvel women are drawn like they came out of MAXIM magazine.
Avatar image for taima_cha_tima
#50 Posted by Taima Cha'Tima (262 posts) - - Show Bio

Female anotomy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.