Follow

Shang-Chi

Character » Shang-Chi appears in 1040 issues.

Shang-Chi is the son of a sinister Chinese mastermind. He was raised and trained in the martial arts by his father and his instructors. A spy, a romantic, a philosopher and an Avenger. As one of the best martial artists in the Marvel universe, Shang chooses to use his talents to fight evil and defend the innocent.

Shang-Chi's Last Name ?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Hey big news I think i disscovered Shang-Chi's last Name. I posted a topic on forums.comicbookresources.com and I got this response... "Yes.... BUT.... Marvel no longer retains the rights to Fu Manchu. They've since had to rename him Zheng Zu, making Fu Manchu only an alias. As far as I'm aware, and I could be wrong, traditional Chinese naming order is: FAMILY + GIVEN. A good example would be actress Bai Ling. Her father's name is Bai Yuxiang. That means Bai is the family name and Ling & Yuxiang are the given names. In Western culture, it's reversed, putting the individual name before the family. Bai Ling's mother's maiden name was Chen Binbin. Here in the states, we'd probably call her Binbin Chen. So, for Shang-Chi.... Zheng Shang-Chi for traditional and Shang-Chi Zheng for Westernized. Either way, technically, I guess his last name would be Zheng. To the OP's question.... Seeing as how Shang-Chi has denounced his father, it's possible that Shang-Chi could be listed in the phone book as NLN, Shang-Chi with NLN standing for "No Last Name", which is legally possible to do." So his last name is probily Zheng.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.