Follow

Shang-Chi

Character » Shang-Chi appears in 1040 issues.

Shang-Chi is the son of a sinister Chinese mastermind. He was raised and trained in the martial arts by his father and his instructors. A spy, a romantic, a philosopher and an Avenger. As one of the best martial artists in the Marvel universe, Shang chooses to use his talents to fight evil and defend the innocent.

Shang Chi MOKF reprint in the works?

Maverick74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

SUNDAY, MARCH 17, 2013

My Chat With Comic Book Writer Steve Englehart

By JOHNNY LARUE

Q: I want to first ask you about one of my favorite comic books, and I figure you’ll know the answer to this question if anyone does, since you co-created the character. Will Marvel ever reprint the Master of Kung Fu series?

A: From what I understand, they will. The deal on that was, when Jim Starlin and I co-created it [for SPECIAL MARVEL EDITION #15], all we came up with was Shang-Chi. Roy Thomas didn’t feel kung fu was enough of a draw for comics, so he wanted to put in Fu Manchu. Which was fine, but then when Marvel gave up the rights to Fu Manchu, they couldn’t reprint the comic. From what I understand, what I’m told is they’re going to go through and change Fu Manchu into the Yellow Claw, who they do own, and (Shang-Chi) will become the son of the Yellow Claw. And if so, they’ll be able to reprint it. Again, Starlin and I co-created that book, but the main run that everybody remembers was Doug Moench and his various artists, and I’d love to see all that stuff back in print again.

For the complete interview visit:

http://craneshot.blogspot.com/2013/03/my-chat-with-comic-book-writer-steve.html

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Temudjin

Retconning Shang's father to the Yellow Claw? This can't be true. Brubaker already solved the "Fu Manchu" issue by renaming him Zheng Zu, not to mention the host of continuity issues that would have regarding Jimmy Woo and the Agents of Atlas.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.