Follow

Sentinels

Team » Sentinels appears in 2558 issues.

Advanced androids designed to hunt down and eliminate mutants.

Have they ever sent the Sentinels to chase the hulk down?

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rell127

Has anyone ever sent the Sentinels to Chase the Hulk Down?

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -3

#2  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

Why would they? They're designed to hunt down mutants. Besides, he'd rip them to shreds.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

He's a mutate, not a mutant.

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By cody1984

If it never happened you got to wonder why though. Think about it for a second. The Hulk is rampaging through "insert whatever part of the country" and the Sentinels happen to be in that area as well and nobody thinks "Hey we'll send the Sentinels out until the Hulk Busters, Shield, and/or the Avengers show up." Instead they're like "No, the Sentinels are built to deal with mutants only." I'm sorry but if we use any type of logic here the sentinels should've been used against the Hulk since they have been built by the U.S. Government at various times and the U.S. Government hunts the Hulk so it would make sense for them to use whatever resources they had available to try and kill or capture the Hulk.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @cody1984 said:

If it never happened you got to wonder why though. Think about it for a second. The Hulk is rampaging through "insert whatever part of the country" and the Sentinels happen to be in that area as well and nobody thinks "Hey we'll send the Sentinels out until the Hulk Busters, Shield, and/or the Avengers show up." Instead they're like "No, the Sentinels are built to deal with mutants only." I'm sorry but if we use any type of logic here the sentinels should've been used against the Hulk since they have been built by the U.S. Government at various times and the U.S. Government hunts the Hulk so it would make sense for them to use whatever resources they had available to try and kill or capture the Hulk.

It'd be fruitless though. The Sentinels are effective against mutants, against the Hulk, they're just big tin cans to be dropped on buildings. 
    Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

If they can be torn apart by a handful of mutants, what do you think a man who can benchpress at least 200,000 pounds, run in excess of 300 mph, and is durable enough that he only received small burns that quickly burned him from an atomic bomb, will do to them?

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cody1984

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@cody1984 said:

It'd be fruitless though. The Sentinels are effective against mutants, against the Hulk, they're just big tin cans to be dropped on buildings.

So are the Hulk Busters though and the U.S. Military for the most part. My point is they would keep the Hulk occupied at least until other forces arrived and it makes no sense for them not to be used if they are in the area.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @cody1984 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@cody1984 said:

So are the Hulk Busters though and the U.S. Military for the most part. My point is they would keep the Hulk occupied at least until other forces arrived and it makes no sense for them not to be used if they are in the area.

(nods) Fair point. 
    BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By BritishMonkey

i don't think so

but if they did, this is kinda what hulk would do to them

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By CATPANEXE

He doesn't fit their target parameters. It's like asking if a fruit bat ever hunted a tiger. They could be used, but they have a set target and he doesn't register on it.

Any time I can remember the Sentinels being set to act differently, the plot dictated for one reason or another that Hulk was in a position where he either still wasn't a target or at least not in the vicinity. (Example: When Onslaught controlled them and sent them to make a mess of things Hulk was currently swayed on his side as one of his acolytes and fighting Cable, and snapped out of it after the Sentinel march had ended). So happenstance at the end of things really. Unless he was hunted by Sentinel O.N.E. during Decimation, I was off comics during that era.

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rell127

@cody1984:

See I wasn't the only person who thought this way when it came to using them against Hulk.

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rell127

@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!: Of course but im just shocked they never had them try to take him on or atleast try to slow him down.

Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rell127: Well, I think that by slowing him down they'd be in his way for a few minutes and millions, possibly billions of dollars of damage would ensue. Are the sentinels even part of the government?

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cody1984

@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:

@Rell127: Well, I think that by slowing him down they'd be in his way for a few minutes and millions, possibly billions of dollars of damage would ensue. Are the sentinels even part of the government?

As far as the money goes you can make the same claim about the U.S. Military going after the Hulk and the same with the Hulk Busters as well. Tanks are a couple million dollars a pop and the Hulk has destroyed more then a few of them. If we try and use a logical economic argument of any kind then the whole marvel universe starts to fall apart since if you think about it each and every year the U.S. Government alone would have to spend trillions of dollars fixing the damage caused by superhuman combat.

As far as the sentinels being part of the government they have been at various times.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By dernman

The sentinels wouldn't go after the Hulk because their programming only recognize Mutants as targets. You would have to reprogram them if you wanted them to go after the Hulk and by the time you did that the rampage would already be over.

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By infonation

@Rell127: They would have to be a special TYPE of Sentinels to fight the Hulk, The Hulk is like a sentient force of nature, most mutants are just humans with a handy genetic qwirk that let's them do things that normal humans just aren't capable of. Although the Sentinels are very adaptable so Nimrod or even Master Mold might be able to give ol' Jade Jaws a decent struggle. I'm more disturbed by the fact that the Sentinels are obsessed with being so tall that any idiot mutant can spot them from a mile away and make a run for it! That's why Nimrod is so scary! he's got the bulk, but he's not so huge that he makes the ground shake with every step!

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rell127

@infonation:

I always wondered why they had to be so tall as well.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By luckydomino1

hes not a mutant but if they did come after him hulk would just smash them to pieces

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By chalkshark

The Sentinels have never been sent out after the Hulk, but the Hulk has fought the Sentinels, as well as the Mastermold.

No Caption Provided
    Watcherg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Watcherg6

Even in World war hulk i don't think they stoped him!

they have to be tall, because they are doing the work of many humans, like a construction crew!

Sentinels in movie Soon!!!!

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Paracelsus

I doubt it- firstly the Hulk is just one but mutants are many- secondly the Hulk was not born with his powers( any more than Ben Grimm and the rest of the FF were with their respective powers); he is a mutate(like the FF, Daredevil, Spider-Man and Captain America) as opposed to mutants such as the X-Men! It just isn't worth the US Government's time or expense to send the Sentinels out to capture/kill ol' Greenskin!

Terry

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Paracelsus

I tend to agree- as the Hulk is NOT a mutant but a mutate( like Daredevil, Spider-Man and The Fantastic Four or Captain America) unless specifically designed to do so, the Sentinels would be less than useless against Ol' Greenskin!

Terry

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.