Follow

Secret Wars

Volume »

The Marvel Universe and everything else...ends here!

Secret Wars #8

• 52 results
    strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@owie said:

I honestly thought the Thanos scene was a little bit of a letdown. Meaning, Thanos is no idiot. He knows what power Doom has. And he thinks he's just going to stand there and beat him? It was kind of out of character.

I agree with the review that this issue didn't seem to progress things much. I wish they actually added more scenes before number 7, where Thor was infiltrating the Thors and so on--more about the 616 and 1610 folks learning about the world. That's what felt rushed, and as far as I know mostly told in the summaries at the beginning,

But, it is entertaining to see an army of Hulks fight an army of Sinister clones.

Oh yeah--and Franklin's got his powers PLUS Galactus, and he basically just engages in fist fights? They're having a hard time explaining all the other cosmically-powered folks who ought to understand what's going on. Like for instance, Panther has gone though a big thing to get an Infinity Gauntlet, but guess what's been going on in the Infinity Gauntlet series? Oh yeah, Thanos got an infinity Gauntlet over there, at least for a while.

I agree when I was reading the thanos scene I was expecting something really epic from him.

Besides that I really enjoyed the issue. Reed seeing sue and val for the first time I was like fuuu I didn't want to turn the page I needed to soak it in. Pretty much the same story the whole way through

phocracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Basic book and plotlines.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strangetales: I have a feeling something more is going on there, Thanos isn't that stupid.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overmonitor: ya I hope so, if they just killed off 616 thanos like that I will be very sad... He's such a great character with so much history I would be very upset. Like you said he is much smarter than that. I get the feeling though they are just trying to wrap everything up and that's how they decided to wrap things up with thanos which would be really lame

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strangetales: Yeah, its possible that the original script says "Thanos confronts Doom in an epic duel but Doom proves to be too much for overconfident Thanos" or some such and they compressed the whole thing into one page leaving out preparations, character motivations et all to compress it.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The comic itself was pretty intense. The only thing I really dislike about it was how Thanos died. It just didn't seem right to me. For as many comics I've read with Thanos in them, he's never been that stupid, which makes me think that there is something more going on. Besides that hiccup, it was pretty good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.