Follow

Secret Wars

Story arc »

The Marvel Universe will change forever. When universes collide, they must fight each other to the death.

One More Day is Undone in This New SECRET WARS Book

• 169 results
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

@lvenger: I really don't see why they have a problem with more than one universe. It's not difficult for the fans to get either old or new. IMO I think they're doing it more for them than us.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Trouble is sales are still good, no matter what they do to the character or have that character do to others sales are good, which means they can keep right on laughing at any complaints that they see on the net.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#153  Edited By Lvenger

@dernman said:

@lvenger: I really don't see why they have a problem with more than one universe. It's not difficult for the fans to get either old or new. IMO I think they're doing it more for them than us.

That's what DC and Marvel have succumbed to nowadays, decisions and changes made for their benefit, not the fans and consumers who buy their products. Getting rid of the multiverse and ignoring continuity is lazy and unimaginative if I'm honest.

taconatsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alkusanagi said:

Something can't be "polarizing" if there no one on the other pole.

Has anyone not named Joe Queseda ever said anything positive about OMD?

OMD is one of the best spider-man stories. All the hate is ridiculous. I would love to see JMS to return one day to bring them back together, the build up to that moment has been great so far.

OMD is one the most badly written comics ever.

Loading Video...

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Okay so Peter is married. This cannot be the main focus of the book. Who reads a comic book about people arguing over the right way to install a toilet paper roll? If it's not the main focus then why try to make that the selling point?

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Zarius

@edblank said:

Okay so Peter is married. This cannot be the main focus of the book. Who reads a comic book about people arguing over the right way to install a toilet paper roll?

Here's what Slott had to say

“This is the Pete & MJ you knew and loved in late 80’s and early 90’s of [AMAZING SPIDER-MAN],” Slott asserts. “Well, if they’d had a baby. And if Venom and all of Spidey's greatest enemies were—Ah. Sorry. Got ahead of myself there for a second. Just forget I said that.”

The biggest change of all, of course, comes from the reality of Peter and Mary Jane’s new role: parents. For Peter in particular, it represents a tremendous challenging of his values.

“[He’s a] father,” Slott explains. “Husband. Hero. In that order. With great power must also come great responsibility. But what happens when you have the greatest responsibility of them all? Having a great power is something you have to share with the world. But what if two people become your whole world? What then?”

http://marvel.com/news/comics/24269/secret_wars_correspondence_renew_your_vows

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@lvenger: Secret Wars will reboot him again....

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

But what if Peter gets rebooted back to puberty to coincide with the Civil War film?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@lvenger said:

@punyparker said:

But what if Peter gets rebooted back to puberty to coincide with the Civil War film?

Ultimate Peter is alive and well.....

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By averywetfrog

@mav: i just watched about 30mins of that. it certainly was interesting. now i know where all of the spidey fans get their "opinion" that peter is written like a child and that that is inherently flawed.

CometOmlette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Marvel Studios aiming for a younger Spider-Man, wouldn't post-Secret Wars just bring him back to high school?

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
    DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: You seem to have misread what I typed (a trend that seems to persist with you, along with very rude responses), I'm not saying other people can't care about Spider-Man's love life, I'm saying they shouldn't let his current relationship status dominate their entire opinion of Spider-Man and his comics. The fact that he is shows that a lot of people seem to be missing the point about what they read. Again, if you're buying a super hero comic, then you should be buying it for a super hero story. Granted his love life is part of the story, but not the predominate focus. If that is all you really care about, then why even read a super hero story to begin with?

Spider-man is a character DEFINED by his life as Peter Parker. He was one of the first characters to have a real, 3 dimensional life tied to his night time trips as a masked vigilante. For spider-fans, his personal life has ALWAYS been as important as that of his masked alter ego. Hell, the Ditko Sr years were pretty much 60%romance novel, 40% superheroics. His well established personal life and "soap lite" stories help give the action part of his novel much more meaning, especially when we care so much about the character.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
    DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Marvel Studios aiming for a younger Spider-Man, wouldn't post-Secret Wars just bring him back to high school?

my theory is that marvel will bring Miles into the main universe and have 2 separate main stream spider series, one involving miles as a teen spider-man and one with peter and his familial role.

CometOmlette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cometomlette said:

my theory is that marvel will bring Miles into the main universe and have 2 separate main stream spider series, one involving miles as a teen spider-man and one with peter and his familial role.

I mean that wouldn't Marvel just reboot Peter as a teenager in high school, because that is what they are probably going with in the movies. Post-secret wars gives them a chance to bend over for the movies.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wmarshal said:

Any chance a married Spider Man becomes the current spider man?

i could go with that as long as he doesn't go back to being broke. parker really had grown before that retcon. he had new powers and wasn't a charlie brown type loser. if he goes back to that, i might just drop the series all together.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

One More Day was silly. What always irked me about Spider-man is that they tend to torture the people around him to make him interesting (Gwen, May, Mary Jane). So, rather than giving her dignity, they tossed Mary Jane out coldly and replaced her with a silly fit-for-vegas superheroine that was teased as being her (& ended up not being, then disappearing). It was just shameful. Mary Jane was never just "the girlfriend", she was a good character and they treated her like an inconvenience.

Nice to see her and Gwen are legitimized now rather than being used as devices. Remember Sins Past? EVEN WORSE.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Zarius

I agree, Gwen deserved better than Sins Past. To be fair, JMS wanted to undo that (in a scenario very much like the one people theorize will happen with Secret Wars...with everyone back to at least college level), but editorial were stubborn about it. Hell even Slott says the marriage remains very much a "locked toybox" at Marvel and it takes events like this to break it open. This indicates they really are not going to commit to a full-on return of the marriage...at least not yet. Bendis said in an interview with CBR yesterday a lot of things they're going with in SW will have legs depending strongly on fan demand. At best, Renew Your Vows will "test the waters" for a married family man Peter and if it sells well, then when they return to 616 they'll probably think about addressing and undoing OMD, or make Peter and MJ at least AWARE they were once married and then give us emotional closure.

During Civil War, did'nt the one-above-all even show Peter that he'd end up with MJ and have kids anyway? Presuming "all stories still count" with or without the marriage, that far-off future will still come to pass.

The newspaper comics will probably keep them married regardless anyway

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By myerlanski

Im excited for it...MJ has become as big apart of Spiderman as much as peter...I like to get a chance to see how a hero works out fighting crime and keeping a family life in correlation of eachother...it humanizes the character, which i feel peter is the biggest fit for this type of situation...

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should be canon...

Podo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Podo

@captainmarvel4ever No, the fans never wanted them broken up, and they never wanted Peter to go back to being a high-schooler who never takes responsibility for anything. It's just sh*tty idiot hack writers like Joe Quesada who wanted that. The fans wanted Peter to grow up as a character and settle down, not go BACKWARD! If writers wanted a Peter Parker who was single, that's what they had BEN REILLY for! Honestly, people like Joe Quesada and anyone who agrees with the deal with Mephisto deserves to be forced out of the comic industry and never allowed to work there. One More Day completely goes against what Spider-man's about and every single character was completely Out of Character in it. Another reason the story was retarded? Peter went to every single powerful person (Science-wise or Magic-wise) in the Marvel Universe, and the story claimed not a single one of them could treat and heal something as simple as a bullet wound? What complete bullsh*t, and anyone who defends this story is a hack moron.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.