Follow

Secret Invasion

Story arc »

After the destruction of their homeworld, and a change in leadership, the Skrulls secretly replaced Earth's heroes in preparation for an invasion of Earth. Leaving one question to be asked, "Who do you trust?"

Likes and Dislikes

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By sora_thekey

What did you think of Secret Invasion #1

Im not very fond of Yu art but the story was good.

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Slinger

It took me a while to get used to, but since I've been reading New Avengers since the beginning I've really grown to love Yu's style. I thought the story and the action was great, this is going to be what the rest of Bendis' career is measured by.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I HATE Yu.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Super-Buster says:

"I concur, I can't stand Yu's art. The story was spectacular however."

Agreed. I like different art as much as the next guy, but Yu just sucks. I feel like I'm reading a warped Manga.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Super-Buster

I concur, I can't stand Yu's art. The story was spectacular however.

kadosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6  Edited By kadosho

I was quite surprised to see more of Yu's "lighter" style. Back when he started on Avengers, it was darker and not detailed as it is now. Humbly surprised to see how much its changed since then. (*even certain details some artists wouldn't go as far)

Overall I really enjoyed this first installment of the nightmare finally unfolding.

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Paragon

I can't wait for number 2 now. Yu's style is one that has to grow on you. When I first started reading the New Avengers, I wasn't too fond of it, but now, I actually kind of like it.

avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By avengpymhawk

I love the concept of the whole series. In issue #1, there were a couple of characters that turned-out to be Skrulls that shocked me. The artwork just stinks, but I also read the New Avengers and I guess I'm a little use to it. I just hope that this series does not fall short compared to others. Like lets just say Infinity Gauntlet that was three issues too long. Or Silent War that should have been told in just two issues. Also, let us hope that there are no delays, the delays in Civil War were just crazy! It makes the reader lose interest, or parts of the story come-out not in order. Which leave the reader confused. I have huge hopes for this epic, I just hope it pans-out.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By NiteFly

Is it just me, or is the promotional image of Skrull Sue Richards kinda hot? Not really a secret invasion #1 thing, just thought I'd get it off my chest.

Avatar image for daredevilfan182
    Daredevilfan182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By Daredevilfan182

Y is everyone ripping Yus art. I think it great! I bet people didnt like Meleevs art work either at frist. I didnt even have to get used to it.

Big Poppa Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Big Poppa Pete

Daredevilfan182 says:

"Y is everyone ripping Yus art. I think it great! I bet people didnt like Meleevs art work either at frist. I didnt even have to get used to it."

I agree. I've enjoyed Yu's work from the beginning. I think SI is one of his best yet. Reminds me of some of Art Adams mid '90s stuff.

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iSHADOW

i cant stand yu's art he completely disregards perspective and scale.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sora_thekey

Of course in my case by the time I finished reading I forgot about Yu art because Bendis´s story compensates the art. Although Yu can draw a mean destroyed Richards.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Love the story and art!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Eternal Chaos says:

"Super-Buster says:
    "I concur, I can't stand Yu's art. The story was spectacular however."
    Agreed. I like different art as much as the next guy, but Yu just sucks. I feel like I'm reading a warped Manga."

I think alot of people actually like Yu's art.I wasn't too fond of it from the begginning but it's ok now.His style is unique.His faces look like silly putty sometimes but I think it's just how his style is.Other times his faces are really good.His art is off and one with me.I would rather have Yu doing the art right now then someone like Daniel Way or something like that.He is by far the worst artist Marvel has ever had.

Jonny Ruckus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jonny Ruckus

I'm loving the story. Did anyone else get a 9/11 - terrorist attack feel to it? Just complete and utter panic with no one to turn to. Simply amazing.

The art however blows.

Airstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Airstrike

Art is terrible, you would think with comics being artwork Marvel would sign some talented artist like Benes, Finch, Churchill, Tan, Cho, Deodato Jr., Rio, Horn, Pelletier and etc. As to the story, it is pretty much just peices stole from other people's stories. It reminds me of Revenge of the Sith and Order 66, then you have the Dire Wraith story(alien species impersonating superheroes and humans) line which Marvel ran 20+ years ago (exactly same story), and Fury's super heroe group, can you say NBC's Heroes! Orginally, I liked the idea but that was before I read the first two issues of Secret Invasion and the Avengers issues associated with them! If I just wanted to read a great story, I would read a novel, like I do! I read comics for great Artwork not chicken scratch! They can't even draw Clint Barton the way he looks, I have over 400 comics I can scan and show them his face doesn't look like that! Even though I am a big Hawkeye fan, Mockingbird has been dead for more than 2 years in Comic years for peats sake! If in the end, this is used as an end to a means to right the ship for all the wrongs commited by Marvel Administration over the past years then atleast the Comic Gods have heard our prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hawkeye becomes Hawkeye again! Captain America becomes Captain America again! Scarlet Witch becomes Scarlet Witch again and reverses House of M! BND Spider-man was a skull and the whole thing doesn't count! Iron Man becomes Iron Man of old again!
    Post Edited:2008-05-15 22:25:44

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shaper

Paragon says:

"I can't wait for number 2 now. Yu's style is one that has to grow on you. When I first started reading the New Avengers, I wasn't too fond of it, but now, I actually kind of like it. "

Agree.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sora_thekey

Now what do you think of No. 2 and 3?

Blazing Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Blazing Eagle

I happen to like issue #2 and 3 of secret invasion, issue #2 offered something new like the revealation of Mocking Bird. In Issue #3 they had all this action and slaughter which was awesome.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sora_thekey

I had a little problem with Mockingbird's return because she was confirmed dead!!!!

I don't mean like Jean but like Gwen Stacy. Dead-Girl from X-Static had a book club where Gwen and Mockingbird were at so how is it that Mockingbird was never dead?

Blazing Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Blazing Eagle

yeah I understand, I knew she was dead but how did she die, I never read that comic, I think was collecting X-men at that time.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pixelized

runaways/young avengers secret invasion has terrible art

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sora_thekey
    Blazing Eagle said:
    "yeah I understand, I knew she was dead but how did she die, I never read that comic, I think was collecting X-men at that time."

I´M not sure you can see this in Wikipedia under Dead-Girl to see that by the way How did she die?

pixelized said:
    "runaways/young avengers secret invasion has terrible art"

I acctually liked the art but the covers look awesome. Plus the FF art is cool and all but the story seems confusing....

Wasn´t Lyja one of the Good Guys?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.