razzatazz's Secret Avengers #12 - The Trouble With John Steele - Part 2 of 2 review

Avatar image for razzatazz

The abyss gazed into me once again

After introducing the concept the previous issue, the story here goes right back into the same world within a world concept.  After subduing John (with some clever thinking on Hank's part) the heroes figure out pretty much what has happened, and mostly by taking a different approach.  It is kind of a fun story, if not very inspiring - a Nazi castle with mythological creatures and a secret cult inside.  The part of the story with Steve and the Prince is a bit distracting as the main action, but even that is not extremely engaging.  Still the background story of who john Steele is and was was told in an interesting way, so I can't fault the writer for the concept, if only maybe a little bit for the execution.

Other reviews for Secret Avengers #12 - The Trouble With John Steele - Part 2 of 2

Review: Sectret Avengers 12 0

Steve Rogers delves into the mind of John Steele to discover secrets about the Shadow Council.The Good I've loving the backtracking of Captain America (Steve Rogers) and John Steele's histories from World War II. It's incredibly interesting stuff, and once again, Ed Brubaker has a winner on his hand. While this book's stories have been a bit flat, this last two parter has been an amazing amount of fun. I really didn't like the Shadow Council stuff at first, but it's grown on me, a little too muc...

Improving WWII. 0

Issue #12 of Secret Avengers.   The Story: Steve,Beast and Prince of Orphans (PoO,don't laugh) take out John and put him back into the machine to see what he happened in WWII.   The Good: I like to imagine that each writer has there playground and for Brubaker it's Marvel WWII because he's adding the Shadow Council to it.They are kinda helping the Nazis with some magic.Ive been digging John Steele here on Secret Avengers,he has an interesting backstory and what the Shadow Council wants to do wit...