harleyquinnhawkgirl's Secret Avengers #1 - Secret Histories, Part 1 review

Avatar image for harleyquinnhawkgirl

Shhhhhh secret avengers review. Don't tell!

Story
The story starts in Dubai where Black Widow, Valkyrie and Steve are on a mission and thrown into the action right away. The three were after a box that had a green ora coming from it so they got it and left. Beast notices a problem with what they captured. They were trying to get the serpent crown and it is not it. Sharon and Steve are in a relationship. Moon Knight and Ant-Man are at Roxxon corporate headquaters to get info on the serpent crown. Later Nova is in space to get the real serpent crown. At the very end Sharon Carter is knocked out by Nick Fury on her ship.
Writing: To be honest I was very confused. I felt like there was no story and it jumped around from one thing to the next too much. I want to know why they were trying to get the Serpent Crown.
Characters: I loved the characters in this issue. This is a great team up.
Dialogue: I loved the dialogue in this issue. Especially when they flash back to Steve recruiting Ant-Man telling him that he has to be a man.

Art: I really liked the art in this issue.
Cover: I loved the cover. I thought it was simple but great.
Penciling: The penciling was amazing. It was greatly detailed.
Coloring: The only problem I had with the coloring was that it was too dark.

Favorite Pages and Why.
1- I loved the city scape.
4 and 5- They had awesome combat.
11- I loved seeing Moon Knight use his stealth.
14- It was awesome seeing Steve recruiting Ant-Man.
18- I love how the sky is done.
28- I was very shocked to see Nick Fury.

Reasons to and not to pick up.
Reasons to pick up:
This issue had a great team-up, awesome combat, and awesome art.
Reasons not to pick up: This was not a strong enough start for a first issue, the coloring was too dark and it was very confusing.
Verdict: Pick it up. 3 out of 5.