Follow

Scott Pilgrim

Character » Scott Pilgrim appears in 24 issues.

Scott is the titular hero from the graphic novel series "Scott Pilgrim". He must defeat Ramona Flowers' seven evil exes in order to date her. He plays bass guitar in the band Sex Bob-omb.

Scott Pilgrim Movie Update

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

Edited By zombietag

No Caption Provided

Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) will be directing the film based on O'Malley's Oni Press indie comic

No Caption Provided
    Is anyone else a fan of Scott Pilgrim? It's something I haven't heard much about here on ComicVine, much to my dismay. The series about a slacker who has to fight his girlfriend's seven evil ex-boyfriends sparked my interest in indie comics and was one of the first comics to make me literally laugh out loud. The sixth and final book in series is set to be released in 2010. And although super-hero movies seem to be blowing up the theaters recently, apparently indie comics are also starting to make their way to the silver screen. 

The film for the second book in the series, Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World, is being directed by Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Spaced!) and has a cast consisting of Michael Cera (Juno, Superbad), Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kieran Culkin, and more.

The filming began in March and is supposed to be wrapping up and heading into post-production in August. The movie is set to be released sometime in 2010.

No Caption Provided

" Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera), bass guitarist for the garage band Sex Bob-omb, has just met the girl of his dreams. However, he must defeat Ramona Flowers' (Mary Elizabeth Winstead ) seven evil ex-boyfriends, who are coming to kill him.

Scott Pilgrim has never had a problem getting a girlfriend. It’s getting rid of them that proves difficult. From the girl who kicked his heart’s a** — and now is back in town — to the teenage distraction he’s trying to shake when Ramona rollerblades into his world, love hasn’t been easy. He soon discovers, however, his new crush has the most unusual baggage of all: a nefarious league of exes control her love life and will do whatever it takes to eliminate him as a suitor.

As Scott gets closer to Ramona, he must face an increasingly vicious rogues’ gallery from her past, from infamous skateboarders to vegan rock stars and fearsomely identical twins. And if he hopes to win his true love, he must vanquish them all before it really is game over."

(statement from the film's official website)

You can check out all the details and progress at the film's website: http://www.scottpilgrimthemovie.com/

What do you think? Does this seem like its going to be a good movie? Will it translate from the comic onto the screen well?  Have you read the books?

HouseOfEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By HouseOfEl

I'm a huge fan. This is the 2010 film I am most looking forward to, and I'm looking forward to the final book in the series as well of course. As a side note, the film is based on the whole series (6 volumes) and not just the volume of the same name (which would be volume 2) so even if it is a success there likely won't be a sequel as the whole story will be finished, unless they come up with a story secular to the comics. 

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AngelFrost

Wooo!
    I can't wait :D
    it has a really good cast!

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#3  Edited By HaloKing343

Sounds incredibly stupid.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @HaloKing343 said:
    "Sounds incredibly stupid. "
    zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zombietag

honestly, it does sound stupid. but when you read it, its awesome haha

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Sparda

Yeah, Scott Pilgrim is supposed to be stupid. But in a good way, like Deadpool.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

I feel bad that I haven't read it yet.  When I first reported on the movie last January, I bought the first book shortly after.  It's been sitting on my desk at home since.  Not that I haven't wanted to read it, just a matter of time and having too many other comics and books to read.  It looks good at least.

Sylar_615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Sylar_615

I am a huge fan of the books, but this is movie will be a total waste of time.  It's a shame that Edgar Wright can't find anything better to work on.  I really like his other stuff, but does the world really need another indie teenage movie starring Michael Cera?  Not really.

Ikkybooger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Ikkybooger

Yeah, I haven't read this book, but I have a friend who has and she really loved it. But despite how much I liked Michael Cera in Arrested Development, I'm dismayed to see that he's apparently incapable of acting differently. I'm now so tiered of seeing him play the same role over and over again in different movies. I think he alone will butcher this film.

Tmul501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tmul501

I'm really looking forward to the movie. I think the casting is great and it has been a great series to read. It should translate well to the big screen, plus edgar wright is directing which is awesome. The only thing I'm a little unsure of is Michael Cera as Scott. I don't think he really fits with how Scott is in the comics. Scott is supposed to be a goofy idiot which I don't see Michael Cera really pulling off. We'll see how he does with this though.

TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By TheBug

Scott Pilgrim is opened up a whole world of indie comics to me. Can't wait for the film!
    crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crazed_h3ro

FINALLY!!  XD
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    UnsolvedParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By UnsolvedParadox

I'm so excited, I'll be taking the day off work to catch this.

Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nyogtha

I have a feeling this will flop.

welshguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By welshguy

Micheal Cera alone means I won't be going to see this in the cinema or buying it when its out on DVD. That and the concept just ain't my cup of tea. 
    Plus, how will Edgar Wright do without Simon Pegg and Nick Frost fronting? Not sure if he has done much without those two. And his directing style can be a little too choppy and quick for my tastes. Still, he has his fans and so does this comic (which I have never read nor ever will) so maybe this will turn into a sleeper hit. Or become one of those cult movie's that gets a devoted fanbase.

drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By drawme

Haven´t read it!

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Satyrquaze

A friend of mine has been singing the praises of these books for the better part of a year now. 

I helf off reading it for a long time because its a genre that I don't normally care for. But when I finally broke down and read it I did begrudgingly enjoy it. And some of the dialogue has made it into my personal lexicon. 

"If your life had a face, I'd punch it in the balls." 

Don't knock it until you try it.
    zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zombietag
    @Satyrquaze: yes, best line in the whole book haha
    afierce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By afierce

I'm very nervous about the movie because I'm a long time fan of O'Malley and of Scott Pilgrim! I hope it translates well and that everything turns out for the best. Fingers crossed!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.