Follow

Scott Pilgrim

Character » Scott Pilgrim appears in 24 issues.

Scott is the titular hero from the graphic novel series "Scott Pilgrim". He must defeat Ramona Flowers' seven evil exes in order to date her. He plays bass guitar in the band Sex Bob-omb.

Pinchuk's Thoughts on Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here
    No Caption Provided

So I caught a screening of SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD at Hollywood’s classy, Egyptian-theme Vista theater. As I did with IRON MAN 2, I’ll opt to convey my thoughts on the movie through some points rather a formal review.

• High concept descriptions for this have ranged from Jason Reitman’s “This is THE MATRIX of love!” to that asinine "TWILIGHT for geeky man-children" meme. I think the most apt is Anna “ Stacey Pilgrim” Kendrick’s soundbite about it being like FERRIS BUELLER meets KILL BILL. It’s a Tarantino-esque kinetic pop culture potpourri, sure, but there was an endearing John Hughes-style vibe too. It’s really a picture of the times (texts, Amazon, Veganism, and what not) and you get a true sense of community in the characters.
    • Along that note, I hope Adult Swim does more SP toons, because I'd love to see more of these characters and this world. Saying you didn't get enough of a movie like this is one of the best compliments you can give.
    • I still couldn't get over the fact that Scott was fighting Captain America and Superman in this. Christian Bale should've shown up as the secret boss, the eighth evil ex, who could only get unlocked if Scott got double perfects on all the other exes.
    • I see this as something of a companion piece to the SIN CITY movie. Both were ensembles, both were "living comics" and both were exciting and unpredictable in the way only something with such  singular vision behind it can be. Plus, it's interesting to realize that this is a hodge podge of video games and indy rock as much as SIN CITY was a hodge podge of noir and... psychosis really.
    • Maybe my only criticism is that it seems kind of contradictory that this whole story's about Scott gaining self-respect (and, the confidence that goes with it) when this whole drama started with him having the guts to ask out a girl whom everybody says is out of his league. Plus, for somebody identified as "not being a jock," he was amazingly athletic and violent. Given how rad the fights were, I'll gladly suspend my disbelief over that.

There are five or six comic movies coming out this year and this was by far the one I was the most excited about. I've been saying it ever since those first production stills came out however many months ago. Hell, this is one of the best times I've had all year. This is what excites me about going to the movies.  I need to go read the comics, now! 5/5

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of HYBRID BASTARDS! & UNIMAGINABLE. Order them on Amazon here & here.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Icon

I'm finally going to see the movie tomorrow afternoon. And I'm like all giddy about it. x]

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Meteorite

Hopefully I can see this during the week. But my mum found out about this movie and now she wants to see it too!

superboy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By superboy12

I thought it was alright but at times a little boring but that could be because I dont like Micheal Cera.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By NightFang3

That's It I have to see this movie!

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By ComicCrazy

Yeeeess thank you. Someone agrees it was absolutely unigue, hyperactive, hilarious and the best performance I have ever seen from Michael Cera.
    MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#6  Edited By MTHarman

Now this is a review that has me wanting to see this flick.
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Jotham

I want to see it, but no one wants to see it with me. I hate going to movies by myself.
    That eighth secret ex is actually a pretty good idea.

Skies327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Skies327

This movie is amazing. Anyone who is on the fence should definitely just bite the bullet and go see it.

Blindside002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Blindside002

I have seen this movie twice on opening day. lol Once at the midnight release and again about four hours ago. One of the best films I have ever seen and is tied for my favorite movie of all time, I mean actions, comedy, and everywhere you looked was a girl that was hot as hell? I can't think of a reason not to love this movie.

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#10  Edited By MTHarman

The video game on PS3 is EPIC, make sure that you download it online if you have a PS3 because its byfar awesome as hell. 
    Its only 9.99, which is very fair and perfect.
    BrklynBeatnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BrklynBeatnik

MUST
    SEE
    THIS
    GAAH

m1ck3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By m1ck3y

I can't see it because it's not out in my local theatre yet...here's hoping it comes out soon.

YOUNGneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By YOUNGneil

i have been waiting anxiously for this movie for about a year and I was not disappointed.  It's just a lot of fun.

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

The Punisher was also in this movie. He use Krypnoite on Superman!

brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By brc2000

The movie was well made, but I personally couldn't stand it because there's nothing I hate more than "hipster" culture. Oh and I absolutely despise Michael Cera.

karasu_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By karasu_

Came out on my birthday, memorable fer sure.
    The ultimate nerd movie 100/10
    :]

DarkCanuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DarkCanuck

I saw this Friday and I absolutely loved it.
    There was only one real problem with it I found; every character in the movie was absolutely perfectly portrayed except for, you guessed it, Scott Pilgrim. Not to say Cera did a bad job but compared to the rest of the cast, the fact that he wasn't perfect made his slightly off performance stand out more. I found he lacked the unwarranted swagger and confidence that the comic version of Pilgrim has. Regardless, this was definitely my movie of the year hands down!
    Also, Alison Pill (Kim Pine) and  Kieran Culkin (Wallace Wells) stole every single scene they were in!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.