Follow

Scarlet Witch

Character » Scarlet Witch appears in 4410 issues.

The world knows Wanda Maximoff as the Scarlet Witch, with probability manipulation and reality-warping abilities. The twin sister of Quicksilver, mother to Wiccan and Speed, and ex-wife of the Vision; Wanda has taken on many roles throughout her life but will forever be known for causing the Decimation.

Too Powerful?

Avatar image for the_wind_dancer
    The_Wind_Dancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sorry, I know this is kinda late but i just wanted to get it off my chest

I love the Scarlet Witch and I love powerful female characters, so don't think I'm being sexist by saying this, but am I the only one who thinks that she is just too dam powerful? I loved it when her powers began to increase and her hexes became more then just bolts, when they actually started doing some cool stuff, but then Marvel had to go ahead and make her rewrite the whole bloody universe. WHY!?!

The whole HoM arc just took her to a place i never wanted to see her go and i just can's see her ever getting back. She is now being called a 'Nexus- Being' and has potential power that is just too far beyond any other Marvel superhero. Now perhaps if they shifted her around and started putting her in stories more like Doctor Strange's or Thor's then her current, not potential, power level could work, but this whole 'lets go crazy and alter all of my universe's reality' thing is just not cool or workable.

I think if they could just establish a power level somewhere around Doctor Strange's, Doctor Fate's or even Pre-new 52 Zatana's then Scarlet Witch could become totally awesome, powerful... But still manageable. NO MORE ALTERING THE WHOLE EARTH-616 UNIVERSE!!!! So, do you agree?

Lukundra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

surfindanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could somebody tell me all her powers and be specific.

surfindanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not counting house of m

Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always took it as her "Mutant" ability was probability manipulation. She was also a Highly trained Sorcerers. With that being said when she combines to the two powers any spell she tries would have a high possibility of succeeding.

However arguably speaking her powers are whatever plot needs. The same woman who warped Earth 616 just got her butt kicked by Gravitation.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.