Follow

Scarlet Witch

Character » Scarlet Witch appears in 4407 issues.

The world knows Wanda Maximoff as the Scarlet Witch, with probability manipulation and reality-warping abilities. The twin sister of Quicksilver, mother to Wiccan and Speed, and ex-wife of the Vision; Wanda has taken on many roles throughout her life but will forever be known for causing the Decimation.

Should Wanda Be Punished? And How Severely?

• 61 results
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By PrinceIMC

Anyone remember Onslaught? Xavier came back, I'm sure Wanda will too.
    Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Iron_Lad

Wanda deserves a second chance. You cannot argue that she destroyed the Avengers and wiped out the mutants, but these things happen.

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By KenTheProfile
    Yes she should. put her in this, have Reed richards stop pretending care about his dead bother in law and whip up a power sapping helmet then send her to my plce for a 2 weeks. 
     oh I sorry I thought the question was how to fulfil my sick thoughts. sorry 

Avatar image for ghostrider_fan1
    ghostrider fan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By ghostrider fan1
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: yea it was ion that issue i can look for the scans but i think its in wolverine's images
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#55  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    " @ghostrider fan1: when did he use the word kill, i havnt read childrens crusade yet "
    @ghostrider fan1 said:
    " @Avenging-X-Bolt:  well from what wolvie saud shes killed millions as well "

Yea, Wolverine did say what he said, but given that its Wolverine, i think this is a case of a writer writing him in character, so flawed. Wolverine is often a pretty poor judge in things like this, lets his personal issues blur the facts. 
    Avatar image for ghostrider_fan1
    ghostrider fan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By ghostrider fan1
    @SC: true and after thinking about it she does deserve a second chance she along with the avengers saved the world many times but still they should make something that can i dunno keeps an eye on her to make sure she doesn't lose it again or at least make sure quicksilver and magneto don't go near her again they are the root to almost everything wrong with her
    GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By GREGalicious

Being out of her mind is punishment enough and most powerful mutants could easily be considered "ticking time bombs" so if they killed her for what she might do then they need to kill a whole lot more people along with her cuz im sure WOLVERINE and quite a few others have caused just as many if not more deaths than she has. 
    I think this was good for her character development anyway. It shocked a lot of people.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By TheCrowbar

Isn't it punishment enough to be related to Petro? 

MichonneHack27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By MichonneHack27

I do think she needs to be punished. Problem is I don't know what extent she should be. I know there have been many instistances she' didn't realize what she did was wrong. But then again, she has been so delulleded that she inadverntly caused many incidents and deaths of other mutants. I just really don't know. Its not like there's much of a jail for her due to her almost god-like powers.  

I don't know maybe if they could. And I say IF cause I doubt this could ever happen, they could find a way to remove her powers. I think that is the only way she could be punished and made less dangerous. And perhaps send her somewhere to get psycharitic help. But I don't know, this is very different from normal villians, etc.
    Joe_Amazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Joe_Amazing
    @Avenging-X-Bolt:  Actually, to clarify, she did wipe out a species.  You see, mutantion is a part of the natural evolution of a species.  Mutants are the expression of the ever-evolving changes that human beings go through.  So therefore, but eliminating the x-gene, Wanda has in fact caused the human race to become genetically frozen.  Like the Kree and the Skrulls.  So without the ability to adapt and evolve, the human race will eventually cease to exist.

So...yes.  The Scarlet Witch did indeed, wipe out an entire species.

Us.
    ManEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 268

Killing her is way too good for her. She needs to suffer for what she did. Sadly, given her powers, this would prove impractical, and this being Marvel and seeing how they've gone out of their way to justify her actions against all mutants even tot he point of retconning her and Pietro so they have never been mutants... Yeah, it'll ever happen.

TheDemiurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No she doesn't, she was possessed by the life force entity plus she was all ready mentally unstable after what Dr.strange did and seeing her own father kil her brother in front of her didn't help too much either. A lot of people in comic books become possessed by something extremely powerful.The X-men for example are just hypercritical with the whole dark Phoenix thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.