Follow

Scarecrow

Character » Scarecrow appears in 1525 issues.

Utilizing a fear-inducing gas known as fear toxin, Jonathan Crane preys upon the people of Gotham City as the villainous Scarecrow.

Scarecrow stories

jedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jedd

i've only being reading comics for about 2 years and i want to find a good Scarecrow (jonathan crane) story can someone tell me what to read??? 
    selfschema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By selfschema
    @jedd: 
    Shadow of the Bat (#16, #17, #18) -  the God of Fear arc. Joker's Asylum: Scarecrow, Scarecrow 3D, Robin: A Hero Reborn, are all good.

Also Scarecrow: Year One has decent art and an okay story, although I'm of two minds about the reboot of his history.
    jedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jedd
    @selfschema:
    thanks i think ill check out the god of fear arc
    Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Sinestro2828
    @selfschema:   What did they change about his past history?
    selfschema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By selfschema

Well, originally he was just a teacher who needed more money for books and fancy clothes so people would respect him, then later it changed that he was a kid who liked to scare birds / was afraid of birds (it varies from issue to issue), then it became that he was upset about this girl in high school who played a prank on him so he scared her boyfriend into crashing his car and that made him realize how great it was to scare people into respecting him (Then he got fired from his teaching job for waving a gun around). Now it's gone completely unbelievable to the point of almost self parody. His evil Georgian grandmother trained birds to attack him after his parents both abandoned him AND he gets picked on in school AND he got fired as a professor for waving a gun around. Although Batman's been around a long long time, his history never got even MORE angsty, his origin's always stayed pretty much the same.    

Totally unrelated, but I love your icon. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.