DC's The Source recently announced all of the things, product-wise, that will be available to attendees of San Diego Comic Con 2011. There's a good amount of some pretty awesome swag here, so I thought we should get started with my favorite one of the bunch.
WAYNE CASINO CHIPS:
- In the world of FLASHPOINT, Thomas Wayne is Batman. He funds his crime efforts in part by being the head honcho of Wayne Casinos. To celebrate FLASHPOINT, The DC booth will be distributing 5 different collectible Wayne Casinos poker chips as exclusive giveaways at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con. Don’t miss your chance to get your hands on these limited chips because they’ll each only be available on specific dates. The colors, dollar denominations, and availability dates for the chips are as follows:
$1 Chips (White) – Wednesday, July 20th
$5 Chips (Red) – Thursday, July 21st
$10 Chips (Blue) – Friday, July 22nd
$25 Chips (Green) – Saturday, July 23rd
$50 Chips (Orange) – Sunday, July 24th
$100 Chips (Black) – These will be given away at DC panels throughout the convention to attendees who ask the best questions!== TEASER ==
Only one question: Where do I get these? Aside from that awesomeness, we'll all get a look deeper into the new 52 books DC will be unleashing in September:
THE NEW 52 #1 SAMPLER:
- Starting on Wednesday, July 20th, comic book shops worldwide will be giving away copies of DC COMICS – THE NEW 52 #1 for free. Featuring a 6-page preview of Geoff Johns and Jim Lee’s JUSTICE LEAGUE #1, the cover art for all of the books, never-before-seen sketches, and insights from creative teams, DC COMICS – THE NEW 52 #1 is a complete and comprehensive guide to all of the books being published this September as part of DC Comics—The New 52. Copies will be distributed throughout the duration of the convention at both the DC Entertainment booth and at the Warner Bros. booth.
If you remember last year, everyone got a giant bag with an ad for Clash of the Titans on it. While the actual bag was cool, the movie it was advertising for was not. Here's what DC brings to the table this year.
JUSTICE LEAGUE OVERSIZED BAG:
- The famous oversized bags handed out at registration will feature the new JUSTICE LEAGUE, with art by Jim Lee, and are expected to be a must-have item, not to mention handy for lugging around giveaways at the show.
This is a bag I would for sure carry with me everywhere, no matter what type of ridicule I may get. Speaking of Justice League, have you ever wanted to be in the Justice League? Well, now you can... kinda.
SDCC GREEN SCREEN PHOTO KIOSK:
- If you’ve always dreamed of being a super hero, here’s your chance for a once-in-a-lifetime photo shoot. DC’s all-new booth at SDCC will feature an interactive green screen photo kiosk that gives you a chance to “join” the JUSTICE LEAGUE. The kiosk background will be the new JUSTICE LEAGUE, with art by Jim Lee, offering a sneak preview of one of the most-anticipated titles of The New 52. You’ll get a printed photo in the booth and can pick up a digital copy online to easily share with your friends who can’t make it to the show.
Of course, you're going to see some MORE Flashpoint memorabilia there as well.
FLASHPOINT #1 Wraparound Variant Cover:
- FLASHPOINT #1 is already up to its third printing. And now you can purchase an exclusive edition of FLASHPOINT #1 with a stunning wraparound variant cover by series artists Andy Kubert, Sandra Hope, and Alex Sinclair. This exclusive edition of FLASHPOINT #1 will sell for $10 at the Graphitti Booth (#2315) while supplies last.
Pretty sweet cover if you ask me. Let's see what else you can pick up.
PINS, POSTERS and CHECKLISTS:
- DC Entertainment’s Booth (#1915) Giveaways include; postcard checklists for DC Comics – The New 52 and FLASHPOINT, 22” x 34” posters of JUSTICE LEAGUE (featuring Jim Lee artwork), BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY, FLASHPOINT, and the GREEN LANTERN graphic novels backlist written by Geoff Johns and illustrated by the industry’s top artists, various Green Lantern pins, BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY #1, DC Direct Summer 2011 Collectibles booklet.
DC THE NEW 52 LIMITED EDITION COVER PORTFOLIOS
- Limited edition portfolios featuring DC COMICS: THE NEW 52 COVERS will be available exclusively at San Diego Comic-Con from DC Direct and Graphitti Designs. On Thursday through Sunday a different portfolio volume containing 13 covers will go on sale each day in the Graphitti Designs booth for $39.95. Only 520 copies of each volume will be available per day.
Obviously, I saved the best for last, even though those Wayne Casino chips are pretty sweet. Check out another awesome Flashpoint exclusive headed to San Diego Comic Con this year.
SDCC EXCLUSIVE ZOOM ACTION FIGURE:
- In August, four FLASHPOINT action figures (manufactured by DC DIRECT) will be shipping to retailers. San Diego Comic-Con is the only place where you’ll be able to complete your FLASHPOINT action figure collection. Head over to Graphitti Designs Booth (#2315) to purchase an extremely limited DC DIRECT action figure of one of FLASHPOINT’s central villains: Zoom. Zoom stands approximately 6.5” inches high, features multiple points of articulation and includes a removable display base. Due to its rare availability, attendees will each be limited to only one Zoom figure each.
All of these DC Entertainment related materials will be available throughout the San Diego Comic Con, so keep your eyes peeled. A few of these items are free, and a few others will cost you a few bucks. What items are you guys looking forward to?