Follow

San Diego Comic-Con

Location » San Diego Comic-Con appears in 49 issues.

San Diego Comic Con is the biggest gathering of Comic goodness that happens each year.

Do You Want to Star in The Comic Con Documentary?

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here
      Including SCUD the Disposable Assassin in this collage earns some points from me.
     Including SCUD the Disposable Assassin in this collage earns some points from me.

Doesn’t it always shake out this way? I’ve been going to cons for years and wondering why there wasn’t any documentary covering the subject. Now, we’ve got not one, but at least two in the pipeline. There was, of course, THE CON, an indy film we reported on last week.  And then there’s COMIC-CON EPISODE FOUR: A FAN’S HOPE, which is shooting next month in San Diego. Seeing as how the con’s only (yikes!) about four weeks away, now, it’d figure that the documentarists of the later would be ramping up their search for the most memorable attendees. SUPER-SIZE ME provocateur Morgan Spurlock is involved in this and, in light of that, I  figured this would just be a feature-length goof on fans. However, Stan Lee, Joss Whedon and Harry Knowles are also part of the brain trust behind this doc and Legendary Pictures is producing it.   Considering that Legendary’s movies - - DARK KNIGHT, 300, WATCHMEN, et al - - have benefited considerably from buzz at SDCC, I doubt they’re about to bite the hands the feed them.  And judging by this press release on Spurlock’s website, it sounds like this will be balanced between spoof and celebration.

Are you headed to 2010 Comic-Con® International in San Diego? Do you die for diehard fandom? Do you pine over Chris Pine, other Captain Kirks, or have firsthand knowledge of who is the ultimate Bruce Wayne? Is your Lost Ark a long lost collectible, an original edition comic book, a need to be the first in line at a sneak peak of Green Lantern, or to understand the ultimate and undeniable power of Akira?! Are you the original inspiration for comic book guy? Is your collection the biggest? Is your costume the best? Is your dream to propose to your girlfriend and give her the one ring to rule them all? Are you an artist who is showing off your work? A vendor showing off your amazing collection?

If you are any of these things, then we want to hear your story.

Oscar®-nominated filmmaker Morgan Spurlock, producer Thomas Tull, comic book icon Stan Lee, writer/producer Joss Whedon, and film guru Harry Knowles have joined together to bring audiences the feature-length documentary COMIC-CON® EPISODE FOUR: A FANS HOPE - a documentary celebration of all things con-tastic!

We are looking to cast original, eccentric, funny, touching, and mildly obsessive people that will capture the excitement, enthusiasm, joy, and passion of comic book, anime, sci-fi, and fantasy lovers everywhere.
    Morgan Spurlock’s site is asking potential stars to send their name, phone number, picture and  "story" to ComicConDoc@gmail.com, while Bleeding Cool’s got additional addys for mlg@warrior-poets.com and casting associate Sarah Scott-Farber’s ssfcasting@gmail.com .    

Which of you Comic Vine maniacs are going to SDCC next year? Do you figure this is a spotlight you’ll be pursuing? What angles make YOU stand out from the competition? And, most importantly, if you're going to SDCC, are you going to make a point to say hello to the Comic Vine staff while we’re there?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABL for Arcana Studios and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. HYBRID BASTARDS! is available  here and UNIMAGINABLE is available here for pre-order on Amazon.com.  

ComiCCloseup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ComiCCloseup

!
    ballsnbayonets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By ballsnbayonets

yay for joss whedon stan lee colabo

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By danhimself

yes I would but I'm a huge diva and I'm sure that they wouldn't be able to meet my list of daily demands

Mosedogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mosedogg

I am going to SDCC for the first time and I sent Warrior Poets a email and have at their request made two videos for their consideration. 

I just figured why the hell not, might as well make the most out of my first trip to the con.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Tom Pinchuk said:
    " And, most importantly, if you're going to SDCC, are you going to make a point to say hello to the Comic Vine staff while we’re there? "
    I will only say hello to Tom Pinchuk
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NightFang3
    @inferiorego said: 
    I will only say hello to Tom Pinchuk "
                  What, no love for Babs or G-Man?
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @NightFang said:
    " @inferiorego said: 
                  What, no love for Babs or G-Man? "
    I will say "hey buddy!" to Babs, and "What up dawg?" to G-Man
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By sora_thekey
    @inferiorego said:
    " @NightFang said:
    " @inferiorego said: 
                  What, no love for Babs or G-Man? "
    I will say "hey buddy!" to Babs, and "What up dawg?" to G-Man "
    I will say "Hi" to IE (then have a lightsaber battle against him) and say "Hello" to Tom P (and fear of another takeover)... Probably bow down the awesomeness that is Babs and Tony... then I would ask for Ana's autograph and maybe hug Red LAMP although he is evil... 
    I will also wave and shake hands with Riezner and everybody else from the CV staff (I'm not sure who else is going)...
    No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By No_name_here
    @Mosedogg:  Do they stipulate that you can't show them publicly yet? Otherwise, you ought to put them on Youtube and embed here.
    greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By greenenvy

Is this coming out in DVD or TV first. Maybe a movie someone said but I want to see this anyway so I guess I will probably recorded online. 

skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By skaarason

im in a fanboy doc so why not !

dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dvorak

You know that they are only going to get people that are literally nuts in this. I don't think this is going to do a service to normal people who like the stuff we do. 

If they don't get the outliers then I don't see how it can be a good movie.

mrrpm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By mrrpm01

Well I submitted a video and got a call back that they will be contacting people soon so, if I make the cut I will give comcvine alot of love!!!!!!

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.