Follow

San Diego Comic-Con

Location » San Diego Comic-Con appears in 49 issues.

San Diego Comic Con is the biggest gathering of Comic goodness that happens each year.

APE '09: The Coverage

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

We take to the floor at APE to catch up with the creators and fans of the show!

To really understand what makes APE so special, we decided to take to the convention floor to catch up with both the fans of the show, and the creators that put so much of their hard work on display. We combined four of the creator videos into one in order to make it easier for you guys to watch and to find later. First, I talk to a friend of mine, STORM, who has previously submitted articles to Comic Vine and he tells us about his book, 'Princess Witch Boy.' Next, I discuss 'Brazilianoir' with Emily Stackhouse and she talks about the plot line and the inspiration for her book. I also talk to some of the volunteers from the MoCCA, Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art.

Former Director of Image Comics and President of McFarlane toys, Larry Marder talks to Comic Vine about the importance of first amendment rights when it comes to comic book content. The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund (CBLDF) board member talks about the importance of the organization and why it is necessary to have  a non-profit group that exists to defend creator owned ideas should they be challenged in the court room. Should all ideas and content be protected by the CBLDF as long as they do not physically hurt anyone?  If so, then how do you separate your personal sentiments regarding the content from the idea that all ideas should be protected? What do you guys think of the issues Larry discussed? 

Last but not least, we caught up with the fans of the convention to ask them about how APE differs from San Diego Comic Con, and which one they prefer. I also ask them about what is on their pull list!
    Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

The guys in the last video are pretty funny.  Love the dead pan nerdery. :)

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By No_Name_
    @Red L.A.M.P.: Yeah they were pretty funny. I had asked one of them what was on their pull list and he said "Civil War." I chuckled.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FLStyle

I'm not sure how this would work myself but if there's any way I could get a copy of Brazilianoir here in the U.K. I'd be happy. Seems like a great idea. I got a few laughs from that last video. Chris or Mike seems like he knows a thing or two about being a good interviewee. Hurray for APE, I'm adding it to my list of places I'd like to go to if I visited the area.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By No_Name_
    @FLStyle: I'm sure Comic Vine could send you a copy if you really wanted it :)
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FLStyle
    @Babs: That would be pretty awesome to say the least. If the ball got rolling on that I'd be all for it.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Media_Master

Like the names of the guys from the last video "dudes"

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tiwi

I want to know the way's of the Jedi too.
    *sigh* though my father was only a ninja...

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

I LOVE STORM and Princess Witch Boy!!! Hey that guy on the left during the fan interviews is cute!  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.