Follow

San Diego Comic-Con 2015

Concept » San Diego Comic-Con 2015 appears in 40 issues.

The 46th San Diego Comic-Con.

SDCC 2015: DC Announces Three New Spin-Off Titles From CONVERGENCE

• 81 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

During a press breakfast at COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO 2015, DC Entertainment today announced that October 2015 will debut three new series spinning out of April’s CONVERGENCE event.

“After CONVERGENCE, we had the opportunity to look at some of the more fan favorite stories from the two-month miniseries titles, seeing what was really popular and telling more of that particular story,” said DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Dan DiDio.

DiDio revealed the following titles to the press:

SUPERMAN: LOIS & CLARK #1

No Caption Provided

Written by Dan Jurgens

Art by Lee Weeks

On-sale October 14

Following the epic events of CONVERGENCE, here are the adventures of the last son and daughter of Krypton and Earth as they try to survive in a world not their own. But can they keep this world from suffering the same fate as their own? Can thisSuperman stop the villains he once fought before they are created on this world? What is Intergang, and why does Lois’s discovery of it place everyone she loves in jeopardy? And what will happen when their nine-year-old son learns the true identity of his parents?

TELOS #1

No Caption Provided

Written by Jeff King

Art by Carlo Pagulayan and Jason Paz

On-sale October 7

The villain of the world-shattering CONVERGENCE event stars in his own new series! Set loose from his planetary tether at the end of the best-selling CONVERGENCE, Telos finds himself free and able to traverse space and time via a sliver of Brainiac’s powers. As this epic begins, he embarks on an odyssey, journeying across time and space in search of his past.

TITANS HUNT #1

No Caption Provided

Written by Dan Abnett

Art by Paulo Siqueira

On-sale October 21

CONVERGENCE is over, but the ripples are still being felt, especially by a young precog named

Lilith. What are these visions she’s having of a Teen Titans team the world never knew? And why

does she feel compelled to seek out Dick Grayson, Roy Harper, Donna Troy and an Atlantean named Garth and warn them that something dark and sinister is coming after them? Who are Mal, Gnarrk, Hank Hall and Dawn Granger, and what is their connection to the others—and to the fate of every soul on Earth? This is the Secret History of the TEEN TITANS!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

They're ongoing? I thought they were mini series?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

They're ongoing? I thought they were mini series?

Nah ongoing

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

Titans??? Yes!

But who wanted a Telos ongoing? Lol.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I will definitely check the Superman one and depending on the quality the Titans one.

I am not sure about the choice of writer for Superman.

I think Jurgens is a writer that hasn't been very relevant lately and his books are very by the book. I hope I am disproved and the ongoing is cool but again not much faith. Lee Weeks is a nice artist though.

AwesomeHobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It really kind of bothers me it took Comicvine this long to report on this cause I wanted to see Comicvine's communities opinion on Titans Hunt, the lack of Wally West, and the new charterers? I'm personally pumped, I love seeing the original Titans back

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am interested in Telos.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Titans??? Yes!

But who wanted a Telos ongoing? Lol.

I'm sure the duders will love it on the podcast lol

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been waiting for a good teen titans book since the new 52 started...4 long years. Superman & Lois looks cool too

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@squalleon: Well Jurgens DID do a really good job on Convergence Superman, making me go.

"Okay... THIS is the Superman I've been missing."

I'll give him a chance... Pretty big chance.... Since right now if this is an ongoing? I'll be reading THIS Superman comic over any New 52 one I can guarantee you that.

Also digging Clark's new costume and look honestly.... It's more of a tasteful black costume than "EXTREME EDGY" most try to be.... Really put it in the classic colors and add a cape and I could stand seeing it as a permanent look for him. Also while it may not help the secret ID...... I love it when they give Clark a beard.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
    knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I'm definitely getting the Titans book. I've been waiting on this since the first arc of Red Hood and the Outlaws

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Eh, pass. If great, I'll get them in trades

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK about these series, I'm fine with a looser continuity if it makes it easier to tell better stories and makes fans less anal, but making ongoing series in separate continuities seems like it's getting too crazy and can very well alienate new fans, which is a problem since one of the New 52's best qualities is that it made things so simple and easy for new readers.

For the sake of being positive I'll at least say Telos looks kind of cool, since it's him traveling through DC space and time which is really appealing to a DC history nerd like me.

@squalleon said:

I think Jurgens is a writer that hasn't been very relevant lately and his books are very by the book.

I disagree completely, in fact I think we need more writers like Jurgens these days.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By z3ro180

@squalleon: Dude Pre-new 52 Supes and Lois and lil baby Supes :D

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
    QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These sound good

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

I think Jurgens is a writer that hasn't been very relevant lately and his books are very by the book.

I disagree completely, in fact I think we need more writers like Jurgens these days.

Ι just haven't seen any compelling stories from him lately. And the Convergence tie ins he did was very okayish, nothing spectacular. I just want to see him do something great, not another time-waster.

@squalleon: Well Jurgens DID do a really good job on Convergence Superman, making me go.

"Okay... THIS is the Superman I've been missing."

I'll give him a chance... Pretty big chance.... Since right now if this is an ongoing? I'll be reading THIS Superman comic over any New 52 one I can guarantee you that.

Also digging Clark's new costume and look honestly.... It's more of a tasteful black costume than "EXTREME EDGY" most try to be.... Really put it in the classic colors and add a cape and I could stand seeing it as a permanent look for him. Also while it may not help the secret ID...... I love it when they give Clark a beard.

As I said above, I feel his stories are always on the okay side, never spectacular. This title has potential, I would be sad to see it being a cult ongoing instead of a good ongoing.

To be honest I feel the creative teams of the new 52 Supes are better, the direction they want to take the character is something I am not interested with. Oh well, hope for the best but Jurgens has never surprised me.

I personally don't care for it. For the love of good, one thing people miss is the classic costume, how do you even replace that, when a simple suit can draw sales :P

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
    rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Telos? Meh. Even though I'm not really a big fan of him, Carlo and Jason sure did a good job on the art.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@squalleon: Dude Pre-new 52 Supes and Lois and lil baby Supes :D

I know, now give me a better writer and lets call it a day :P

He, glad you are happy but I personally hold reservations because I am not a fan of Jurgens work.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give the Titans a look. Not feeling the other two books.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mfundroid

Last time I checked Convergence wasn't very popular in terms of likability and reviews, especially here on Comicvine. Though the Titans Hunt series sounds pretty cool.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Oh? what about his work on Aquman or Firestorm? both were awesome.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something is wrong with colours of the pictures.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Oh? what about his work on Aquman or Firestorm? both were awesome.

You mean Aquaman and the others? I have seen mediocre reviews from it so I haven't touched it or seemed interested. Same with Firestorm. His last ongoing I checked was booster gold.

I personally hope for him to get his second wind. He has completely creative freedom, a great premise (Superman back in time stopping the villains before they are even created, it is awesome) and a great artist! I really want him to knock it out of the park. Do something ambitious than be stuck with by the book plots.

That been said, I don't dislike him as a writer, I just want something more than a timewaster. Hope for the best.

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a Wally West fan, I am just very, very heartbroken.

Nheritor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which Earth is Superman and Lois on now?

ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those stories would have been interesting during convergence.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Well you should check both out because both were great, and frankly if you haven't been reading his recent wrok, then you really don't have any right to comment on his recent work.

ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: yes those are not the right color.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Squalleon

@squalleon: Well you should check both out because both were great, and frankly if you haven't been reading his recent wrok, then you really don't have any right to comment on his recent work.

I have read his Superman(New 52) and his Booster Gold was quite recent. Also I checked Bat-mite(I forgot he wrote it). So I have every right in the world :P

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: His run on Booster Gold and his work on New 52 Superman were both done years ago (Booster Gold quite a few years ago), so no you really don't (also Bat-Mite doesn't count, that's just a whacky comedy series).

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: His run on Booster Gold and his work on New 52 Superman were both done years ago (Booster Gold quite a few years ago), so no you really don't (also Bat-Mite doesn't count, that's just a whacky comedy series).

His Firestorm was done around the time with his Superman and Aquaman and the Others got mediocre reviews SAME with Bat-Mite.

And even if Aquaman is good that doesn't nulify the stream of mediocreness before :P

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait... Telos is a fan-favorite??? lol wut...

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very excited about Superman: Lois and Clark

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Again, you can't really criticize if you haven't read them, especially since a lot of people really liked his work on both Firestorm and Aquaman. Heck Firestorm Fan listed his volume on the Nuclear Man as one of Firestorm's essential readings. Plus considering how bad the previous 2 volumes of Firestorm were, he did a really good job of salvaging the character from that wreckage.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Squalleon

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@squalleon: Again, you can't really criticize if you haven't read them, especially since a lot of people really liked his work on both Firestorm and Aquaman. Heck Firestorm Fan listed his volume on the Nuclear Man as one of Firestorm's essential readings. Plus considering how bad the previous 2 volumes of Firestorm were, he did a really good job of salvaging the character from that wreckage.

I can criticize just fine and frankly I don't have to read every book Jurgens has written to judge his work. Especially when I have read his "high points" and wasn't impressed. As for the rest, I can read reviews around the web and see his work isn't as well liked as you make it out to be.

Firestorm fans (I guess you included) who barely get an ongoing of their favorite character might like it but a doing an okay job after others did it awful doesn't make you better.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: No you don't, but maybe if you actually did some reading instead of sitting around typing why you think he sucks people would be inclined to care.

Firestorm fans

The website is Firestorm "Fan" not fans

doesn't you better.

Have no idea what you're trying to say

HammerDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad they finally fixed Raven's costume

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Thank you DC to have Titans as tittle again. Oh DC you are spoiler me with so much titles.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: No you don't, but maybe if you actually did some reading instead of sitting around typing why you think he sucks people would be inclined to care.

Firestorm fans

The website is Firestorm "Fan" not fans

doesn't you better.

Have no idea what you're trying to say

You sit on the other end trying to convince me he is a good writer. You disagreed with my random statement. I didn't try to make anyone care. You did. And even when you did, I didn't try to convince you I am right. You do!

I meant Firestorm fans, people , I didn't know a site called that even existed.

"It doesn't make you better"

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Not so much trying to convince you as I am telling you that you're a hypocritical stereotype of the average annoying comic fan that keeps people from getting into comics.

Well what do you think I meant when I said "Firsestorm Fan listed it as an essential reading"? how else could that sentence be taken?

Yeah it kind of does, after those writers did such a bad job and missed the point of the character entirely, for Jurgens to come in and not only fix things, but bring back Firestorm to the character fans love and tell such great stories in only 8 issues is pretty impressive.

E1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By E1000

Is that Nova ??

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

And they still couldn't get the original lineup for Titans right... Where is the Wally West we grown to love?!

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@e1000 said:

Is that Nova ??

The Nova Corps are infiltrating the DCU and they've already taken down the New 52.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Not so much trying to convince you as I am telling you that you're a hypocritical stereotype of the average annoying comic fan that keeps people from getting into comics.

Well what do you think I meant when I said "Firsestorm Fan listed it as an essential reading"? how else could that sentence be taken?

Yeah it kind of does, after those writers did such a bad job and missed the point of the character entirely, for Jurgens to come in and not only fix things, but bring back Firestorm to the character fans love and tell such great stories in only 8 issues is pretty impressive.

While you are any better? Picking silly fights over dudes on the internet, while you could just as well ignore me. You gave my comment value. It would just be forgotten and no one give it a second thought if you didn't.

And anyway I am not a hypocrite, you shouldn't throw out insults because someone doesn't agree with you, I have read a VERY good amount of Jurgens stories and the ones that are considered his best and I am not impressed and it seems the internet agrees with me since most people I have talked about Jurgens (especially after the news broke out) and reviews I have seen agree on my assessment of him. You don't like it, tough luck,its all opinion, neither do I like Superman's "Truth" but I haven't picked a fight with every supporter trying to show them how "wrong" they are.

Firestorm fans, I didn't notice the singular. But anyway that doesn't mean much to me. It only shows Firestorm had a very bad run of stories and Jurgens mediocre tales look like heaven.

This discussion is silly, lets agree to end it now, because frankly I have nothing more to say to you and I bet we aren't gonna change each other's minds.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I would never call defending one of my all time favorite writers, and a personal idol of mine in the industry a "Silly waste of time".

Oh it's not because I don't agree with you, it's just the way you act and the type of comments you leave that make you the stereotypical negative comic fan who is part of the biggest problem in the industry. Also judging by your comments it seems like you haven't read much of Jurgens work if all you cite is a 2 issue story and some comics from years ago.

Yeah once again that means nothing coming from someone who didn't even read his run.

Hey I'll end it whenever, but if you respond I always have a policy to respond back to anyone who leaves me a comment (unless it's a completely unintelligible comment that I cannot understand).

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am happy they're doing a Telos, I wanted one because I wanted to know who the hell he was!

I also find the Lois & Clark story interesting from that universe.

The TT I couldn't care less about though. Unless Kid Flash is in it which I doubt...

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titans Hunt is a must have for me if they try to redeem them, and all those people from the past are coming back, Wonderfull. If Wally comes back in later issues it would be even better but that might depent on how they use the ripple effect.

Might look into Telos, he seemed as if he could become a likeable character.

Mr_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like this series were the ones that sold the most issues from Convergence.

VickBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#49  Edited By VickBat

THE TRUE SON of Superman and not the idiot kid of Harvest... Wow, dresses similar to oldest Superman in Batman Beyond

Telos, again? It took little to give back ...

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally a Superman book I want to read ! The REAL Superman is back !

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.