Follow

San Diego Comic-Con 2011

Concept » San Diego Comic-Con 2011 appears in 14 issues.

SDCC 2011 was held at the San Diego Convention Center from Wednesday July 20th to Sunday July 24th, 2011.

SDCC 2011 Toy Exclusives: Back to the Future, Young Justice, Swamp Thing & More

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

San Diego Comic Con is right around the corner, and I'm super stoked to once again to hit the streets of San Diego for comic book madness; however, SDCC is more than just comic books. It's about entertainment news, upcoming video games that you may not have had a chance to see at E3, nerd-related companies you may have never heard of, and my favorite, toys... exclusive toys.

No Caption Provided

An exclusive toy is simply a toy you can only buy at a certain convention, and in this case, we're talking about the upcoming 2011 San Diego Comic Con. Matty Collector recently announced their upcoming toy exclusives for SDCC, and some of them look pretty darn sweet, like the Swamp Thing right above. So let's take a look at some of the really cool SDCC toy exclusives and toy fans should prepare themselves to drool on their keyboards.

== TEASER ==
    No Caption Provided

Obviously, you knew this was coming. Green Lantern action figure tie-ins. This year, we have two exclusive figures being released at SDCC that deal with "that space cop movie" as my mother calls it.

On top, we have Green Lantern Corps Drill Sargent, Kilowog. This figure is 8 inches tall, and supposedly, it's the biggest Kilowog figure to date. This puppy will set you back $25, and it is in scale with the other Green Lantern movie figures.

Hey! Is that Star Sapphire member Carol Ferris? It is! Is she in Barbie form? Yes! I've been looking for a way to get my niece into Green Lantern, and I honestly think I've found my "in." This Barbie Carol Ferris doll will run you $35, and yes, it really is licensed by Barbie. It's based off of the movie version, and is just like the other Barbies, but a heck of a lot cooler.

Next thing I found really cool is actually a complete mystery, and we won't truly know what it is until you go out and buy it.

No Caption Provided

This is all Matty Collector will show anyone for this Hot Wheels Back to the Future Vehicle. First off, the box is super awesome. Secondly, I'm going to buy it, unless the toy is super small. Why won't I buy it if it's a regular sized Hot Wheels car? Because it comes with a $35 price tag. I love me some BTTF, but not enough to buy a tiny little car. I'm hoping it's 1:6 sized car.

No Caption Provided

Can we all agree that Young Justice is an awesome cartoon? Good. We're all in agreement then. Fans of the show will be very pleased then to see this cool Young Justice Superboy exclusive toy then.

This is a bit more of a playset than a toy, and it highlights the pilot episode where Superboy is cloned. "Does the cloning tank light up?" Yes, and thank you for asking! We're not too sure how large the toy is, but is does cost $20, and out of everything on the Matty Collector site, it's tied for the cheapest. In my opinion, this is one of the cooler exclusive toys because it's based off a great series, and it's like a little fun playset. It makes me feel like I'm 7 again.

The San Diego exclusive that I am by far the most excited for is a character we got a glimpse of above, and he's finally back partying in DCU comics. That's right, there's an exclusive Swamp Thing figure. You may be baffled, but check out how cool this thing is before you make your final judgment.

No Caption Provided

First, you'll notice how cool the packaging is: Super-cool. Inside that is even more cool packaging, followed by a really cool looking Swamp Thing figure. This figure is a tad more pricey, coming in at $30, but aside from the Swamp Thing figure, it does come with a couple tiny Un-Men figure to boot. If you purchase this toy on the Matty Collector site after SDCC, the Un-Men will not be available. It's an exclusive-exclusive.

There's a few other exclusive toys featured on the Matty Collector site, including a $70 Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. To buy these toys, if you are interested, follow the pre-voucher instructions on the Matt Collector page, and prepare to wait a couple of weeks. Which toys would you like to pick up?

WelshCleats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WelshCleats

Back to the Future stuff is tempting for the box alone. TEMPTING.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Bestostero

Young Justice Superboy! Superboy cloning chamber! must have!!!! 

Even though its like 60 bucks on eBay... sigh...

Avatar image for crimsoninutears
    CrimsonInuTears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By CrimsonInuTears

fighter piolet barbie an superboy in a tube. see, girls can be anything, including future villains~ ^_^
    Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

The case alone for the Back to the Future set looks pretty cool, I'm not geeking about the others so much though.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FLStyle

Woo toys! Hope to see Batman figures.

That being said, I'll be looking forward to more Street Fighter X Tekken announcements from Seth Killian.

CombatSpoon86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By CombatSpoon86

Nice

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Nice!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By danhimself

This is all Matty Collector will show anyone for this Hot Wheels Back to the Future Vehicle. First off, the box is super awesome. Secondly, I'm going to buy it, unless the toy is super small. Why won't I buy it if it's a regular sized Hot Wheels car? Because it comes with a $35 price tag. I love me some BTTF, but not enough to buy a tiny little car. I'm hoping it's 1:6 sized car.

it's plutonium stolen from Libyan terrorists....duh
    redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By redmanta

cool 

JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JCJQLB

Barbie Blake Lively/Carol Ferris!!!!!!!! I need to have it!!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle

I personally want to see the new MOTU classics,

Avatar image for spider_man_2996
    spider-man 2996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#12  Edited By spider-man 2996

Cool toys!!
    Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By MysterioMaximus

I need that Swamp Thing! You forgot to mention the big Star Wars and Indiana Jones exclusives.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#14  Edited By The Impersonator

Mmmmm. I will take the Marshmallow Man.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

These are some good picks

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Sometimes I realise I live in the wrong county for events like this, one of our biggest convention to have the 'comic con' attached to it's name has very little if anything to do with them -_-

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PulledaBrad

I kinda hate MattyCollector because they have cool shit, but they have nothing in stock. Ever. Gotta be ordering from them within seconds of them upping a new product or youre screwed.

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By The Hobgoblin

I wish Hasbro would show the modern/Coipel Thor SDCC exclusive already!
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By Silkcuts

The Un-Men are back in the DCU as well?  How long do you think it will take DC to realize that the Un-Men will lose money in the DCU as well as it did for Vertigo.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Eyz

Woah!

Question, for someone who never keeps himself informed on anything: When is this year's SDCC? I mean the exact date?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.