Follow

Sabretooth

Character » Sabretooth appears in 3534 issues.

Victor Creed is the feral mutant called Sabretooth. He was a member/subject of the Weapon X Project and is the arch-enemy of Wolverine. Unlike Wolverine, Sabretooth embraces his primal instincts, leaving death in his wake. Due to a spell gone wrong by Scarlet Witch, Sabretooth got inverted and became a more heroic person for a while.

Liev Schreiber Talks Wolverine Sequel

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

We've seen a little bit of talk about the sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine.  We know Wolverine is supposed to be going to Japan to have his little adventure there.  Where will this vacation leave Sabretooth?  At the end of the movie, it seemed the two had reached some sort of understanding.  Is there any chance of Sabretooth making an appearance in the sequel?

Liev Schreiber recently talked to MTV about the possibilities.

There's been some smatterings of conversation about it, but nothing concrete yet. I had a ball doing it, so I'd do it again.

I'd love to find out what happened to Victor. I'd like to find out how my Victor became Tyler Mane's Victor.

That does bring up a good question.  We all want to know how Schreiber turned into Tyler Mane.  What made the character change so much.  I could be mistaken but I don't recall Sabretooth really talking in the first X-Men movie.  He seemed to have become more...savage than he was portrayed in X-Men Origins.  While I am curious about what happens to the character in the time between the two movies and despite the good performance on Schreiber's part, I don't want a forced appearance.  There doesn't seem a reason for Sabretooth to be in Japan.  It just didn't happen in the time period they seem to be looking at adapting.  I know that doesn't mean that they have to stick to the original story (I mean look at the last movie).  Maybe Schreiber can turn up some place else as Sabretooth.

What do you think?  Should he pop in the next movie?  Should it just be a cameo or a big part of the story?  Do you have any ideas as to how Schreiber's Sabretooth turned into Tyler Mane's?
    ernie_aka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ernie_aka

It just didn't happen in the time period they seem to be looking at adapting". 

I think this is the key. If they want to tell a story in which Sabretooth is involved, then yes. Otherwise, I wouldn't do it. Lots of "adaptation mistakes" on the first one, already.

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

Judging by the way Sabretooth dresses in "X-Men", with the furs and whatnot, I'd say he spent a good many years out in the wilderness between "Origins" and the first movie, probably not having much if any interaction with humans, other than killing them of course. He'd probably make a good explanation for Bigfoot, too. Then Magneto comes calling, having obviously known about the Weapon-X Project and those involved, and recruited 'Tooth to his Cause.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LoganRogue24

that is a good question indeed if Sabertooth is in the sequell then that just really f##ks the timeline up but wait its Fox so they will probaly have him in the sequell. hell they did not even bother to match Logans lab scene to his flashbacks in 1 and 2 or even get the dogtags right so why would they care about lineing theese prequells up to x-1. hell origins was not even that good anyway it was ok better then x-3 but not up to par of x-1 and 2.
    Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Green ankh

I dont know about this. the film Wolverine just doesnt have the feel of the comic Wolverine to me. I hated the X films. I have not seen Wolverine yet. But i kind of dont really care. I can deal with some tweeking for the non comic fans but it went to far.
    Avatar image for legend_of_zelda
    Legend of Zelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Legend of Zelda

Well here is the solution how he can be like tyler mane's is that he can evolve into tyler mane's sabretooth like blob did in origins 

Also how a story line for him being in the movie is that stricker goes to japan and tries to kill wolverine while sabretooth follows stricker to kill him. But they think he is dead so thats the problem.
    Ectoplasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6  Edited By Ectoplasmic

Schreiber was probably the only thing I enjoyed about the last film... I thought it was really interesting casting. He hammed it up well.

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#7  Edited By HaloKing343

They need to show the transition between the way he was at the end of the first Wolverine movie to the way that he was at the start of the first Xmen movie. I want to see that transition. l really do.

Avatar image for legend_of_zelda
    Legend of Zelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Legend of Zelda

In the first X-men movie wolverine acted like he didn't know him.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By goldenkey

They need to revamp the whole X franchise, it's way to cheesy now.  It's almost a kids movie, and I think Jackman is all about just making the money more then being true.  He says he's a fan now, but obvioulsy not a diehard.  Making Sabretooth Logans brother was just stupid.  Really stupid.  The leather jacket things was dumb too.  Oh, here you go naked guy, here's my dead sons leather jacket that you'll be wairing for the last 3 movies and a glass of lemonaid, and don't worry about destroying our bathroom our house is gonna be blown up by Maverick anyway.   Weeeaaaak.  Even tho Tayler Mane looks more like Sabretooth I enjoyed Schreivers Sabretooth more.  He was the best part of the movie.  Better then Gambit with his southern (not cajun) accent.  And did they get the pronunciation of last name right  Luh Bo.  I know a guy with the same last name and its La boo wah just said fast.  It's cajun so it's French.

dagobon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dagobon
    @Legend of Zelda:
    ITS THE OL' CLASSIC MEMORY ERASING BULLET TO THE HEAD ROUTINE,LOL
    Bergquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Bergquist

well in wolverine #50- like 55 thay showed wolverine beening hired to find a killer who was killing all the girl and the killer was creed
    ernie_aka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ernie_aka

I don't really think they (FOX) are intrested in match how Sabretooth looked on X-1 and how he does on Origins. Then, why bother in trying to link "both" characters. One of the problems is, in my opinion, that on X-1, as the first mutant movie, they felt kinda obliged to show Sabretooth as the wild-killer-savage enemy of Wolverine, not thinking that in a future, possibily they had to put him again on screen and develop more the character. 

However, fact: Schreiber is much more better Sabretooth than Tyler Mane

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

Gambit's last name was pronounced correctly; it's LeBeau, "The Beautiful" in French. Maybe some people pronounce the name differently, but I know "Beau" is pronounced BOUGH by itself. I suppose it depends on the person. "Tomato", "Tomatoe" and all that...

As far as Jackman not being a fan, the dude doesn't have as much input into the films as some people think. He doesn't write them, he doesn't direct them, he just kinda gives his input here and there and when asked, gives suggestions. The fact that each "X-Men" movie does better than the previous one, "Origins" not included, has told the film makers nothing except that they should be doing the exact same thing. Some fans may hate it, but they don't listen to us as individuals, remember...All they see are dollar signs. Once a "X-Men" movie does as poorly as say, "The Spirit", then they'll maybe think about changing their formula. 

Also, keep in mind if/when they explain the transition between Lieve and Tyler, they had no idea they'd be making a Wolverine prequel, or needing another guy to be Sabertooth. So if and when they DO try to come-up with a way, give 'em kind of a break. FOX nor anyone else had any idea how well the first movie would do, so it was treated as a one-and-done, with the door open, of course.

whirlwind6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By whirlwind6

Well, in the wars sequence of the Origins movie,  it seemed like Sabertooth got more and more brutal with the passage of time.  Maybe he just keeps on devolving.
    Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Phorqe

The sad thing is that this issue wasn't dealt with in the first X-men Origins. The movie could have dealt with so many issues in Wolverine's past, but decided to wrap everything up in a neat little package that took place over six years. Eh well. There is still a chance it could be decent.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By joshmightbe

i think sabertooth was the best part of the wolverine movie maybe they could give him his own movie
    ernie_aka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ernie_aka
    @joshmightbe said:
    " i think sabertooth was the best part of the wolverine movie maybe they could give him his own movie "
    Are you serious? I mean... really? A whole movie about Sabretooth? I'd buy the comic-book, but I'm not sure that could be intresting (worth producing) as a movie.
    bigmoneyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bigmoneyb

wudnt know were he would fit in the movie but he was great in it

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By joshmightbe
    @ernie_aka:
    itd be a better idea than just throwing him in a sequel for no other reason than having villan filler
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'd like to see Sabretooth at the very end of the movie, something like the scenes in the Hulk and Iron Man. After the credits are done they show Sabretooth (doesn't have to be in Japan), doing something critical that sets up the plot for the 3rd movie. Maybe we see Wolverine flying back to America after his tragic tale in Japan. Someone asks him if he has any family back in the States and Logan pauses before saying, "No." Then it flashes to Sabretooth on an operating table under going the procedure to receive an adamantium skeleton.

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#21  Edited By HaloKing343
    @goldenkey said:
    "They need to revamp the whole X franchise, it's way to cheesy now.  It's almost a kids movie, and I think Jackman is all about just making the money more then being true.  He says he's a fan now, but obvioulsy not a diehard.  Making Sabretooth Logans brother was just stupid.  Really stupid.  The leather jacket things was dumb too.  Oh, here you go naked guy, here's my dead sons leather jacket that you'll be wairing for the last 3 movies and a glass of lemonaid, and don't worry about destroying our bathroom our house is gonna be blown up by Maverick anyway.   Weeeaaaak.  Even tho Tayler Mane looks more like Sabretooth I enjoyed Schreivers Sabretooth more.  He was the best part of the movie.  Better then Gambit with his southern (not cajun) accent.  And did they get the pronunciation of last name right  Luh Bo.  I know a guy with the same last name and its La boo wah just said fast.  It's cajun so it's French. "

I disagree
    ernie_aka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ernie_aka
    @joshmightbe:  
    Totally true. But, yet, from the point of view of the Production I still don't see it.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NightFang3

Interesting.    

Avatar image for breaker_envoy_of_setron
    Breaker envoy of Setron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When is Origins coming out in DVD?

ernie_aka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ernie_aka
    @NightFang said:
    "

Interesting.    

"
    What, exactly?  ^^
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NightFang3
    @ernie_aka: Its interesting because I want to how Schreiber Sabretooth became Tyler Mane's Sabretooth.  
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Hell, they butchered the Wolverine story enough.(I won't mention details) Why not just go the whole way?

Sabretooth did say that one "scream for me.". line to Storm at the train depot. That first movie may of gotten his look right, but lacked his personality.
    I actually did like Liev Schreiber in the part.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Aronmorales

YES! explain how Sabertooth became more animal like!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'm not that interested in how Sabretooth became more animalistic. Its kind of obvious I think. Its a natural progression (or de-evolution). He's done the same thing in the comics. Jim Lee had him wearing suits and cufflinks in the 90's, then for awhile he was wearing Hawaiian t-shirts and driving speed boats, all before he shows up at the X-Men's doorstep looking like Hillbilly Jim.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Phorqe
    @Gambler:
    Yeah I remember in the Sabertooth mini series in the 90s he was like a suave businessman, except he was also a ruthless animalistic killer.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Phorqe: Pretty much. They do the same thing with Wolverine. Sometimes he's like this Harley driving cowboy hat wearing drifter. And others he's this really deep spiritual samurai.
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By King Quisling
    @ernie_aka:   However, fact: Schreiber is much more better Sabretooth than Tyler Mane 

Not true. We only got a small taste of Mane as Tooth. He didn't have many lines but his portrayal was closer to Creed from the comics than Schreiber.
    Twiglight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Twiglight

Yeah id like to see him in it
    Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Phorqe
    @goldenkey: 
    I agree that it would be good to re-vamp the series. I don't think its been nearly enough time since X3 to do a feature film revamp. Movies cost way too much money and whoever produces it would want to make sure there is still the demand for it. I'd love to see an unrated HBO animated series or something of the sort. Wolverine and the X-men is decent but Wolverine still never uses his claws on anything other than robots, which is understandable because he's not trying to kill humans, plus its a kids show. 
     The first two Bryan Singer directed films were pretty good, its unfortunate that X3 and Wolive origins kinda bastardized them.
    ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ryanwh

Its stupid to tie them together when Wolverine had no connection to the Sabertooth in Xmen 1. Suddenly he doesn't care about his brother?

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By Vindellavon

I thought Liev was the best part of the film, so yeah, he should make a return trip.
    ernie_aka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ernie_aka
    @ryanwh: I think that is because Wolverine doesn't remember him at all. Anyway, that is another thing about Origins, brothers?? Loeb is still recovering after all the Evolution arc  XD
    ernie_aka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ernie_aka
    @King Quisling: In my opinion, that is because how Mane looked. Even when Schreiber does not look as wild as the first Sabretooth, his personality is much more near the psychopathic and resentful Tooth of the comics. The Sabretooth of X-1 just behaved like a fool
    Zain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Zain

I think he should stick to being Victor  because in X-men 1  sabertooth doesen't know who Logan is and isn't really the main villian. They have the same powers but they are totally to different characters
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By LoganRogue24

if Sabertooth is in the sequell he can"t be seen interacting with Logan unless they are ignoreing x-1 like they seem to be doing anyway. idk why they could not make origins Sabertooth look like x-1 i mean how hard could it have been to do that.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Media_Master

Tyler Mane is THE Sabertooth 

I wonder why he wasn't in Origins...

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LoganRogue24

well origins did not line up to x-1 anyway in my opion so i guess Fox are ignoreing the other films.
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By cascadeking09
    @Zain said:
    "    I think he should stick to being Victor  because in X-men 1  sabertooth doesen't know who Logan is and isn't really the main villian. They have the same powers but they are totally to different characters "
    We dont know that he doesnt he never says anything about not knowing who it is, he just doesnt speak on it.
    Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Nyogtha

I really hope they show the transition, he doesn't get enough credit but he is so important to Logan's story. I hope Schreiber follows the character too, he showed the dark humor in Victor and got his savage devil-may-care attitude.

greenmachine22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By greenmachine22

I sympathize greatly with the frustration around the poor attention to actual wolverine comic background with this last film, as well as the complete lack of insight with regards to Schreiber 's character, Sabretooth.  I thought that Mane's look and demeanor matched well with what I recall of the actual Sabretooth character, but Schreiber's performance was killer (pun intended.)  Given the new life he has brought to the character, I would love to see him maintain this role, but, as was mentioned, the writers and directors are going to really need to do some work to fix this and with GRACE!  I am increasingly having less ad less faith in what film is doing and can do for great comic book storylines and characters.  Almost cliched, "with great power comes great responsibility," and these film companies, 9x/10, are totally botching and abusing their power to really bring something new and complementary to the comic book world.  Many are now becomming so conviced that the movies are what these characters were intended to be, that they are collecting films and not the comics.  The inspiration that comes with discovering these characters and their place in the heroic stories is beginning to lose its context.  I digress.  Power to the true "origins"- the comics.

superhero wisdom of the week @
    citizensuperhero@blogspot.com

grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By grimreaper1980

okay, i know that i'm not the only one who is wondering how the liev shreiber/sabretooth will become the tyler mane/sabretooth

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.