At the madman Shishio Makoto's headquarters, the long-delayed duel between Kenshin and Shinomori Aoshi concludes, while at Aoi-Ya, those left behind wage their own, desperate battle against Shishio's Juppongatana or "Ten Swords." The strength of one swordsman in particular seems monstrous, and defeat imminent... that is, until Kenshin's former Hiten Mitsurugi master, Hiko Seijurô, takes the field. Will the respect of one warrior for another succeed where all else has failed? Elsewhere, Kenshin and Sôjirô cross swords at last. Although well-matched, Kenshin's victory is by no means certain...
- Act 121: The Battle of Aoi-Ya
- Act 122: Put to the Test (Boy)
- Act 123: Put to the Test (Girl)
- Act 124: The Shadow of Despair
- Act 125: Descending!
- Act 126: The Great Man vs. The Giant Part 1
- Act 127: The Great Man vs. The Giant Part 2
- Act 128: Sōjirō Strikes
- Act 129: Shukuchi (Reduced Earth)