Follow

Runaways

Team » Runaways appears in 305 issues.

The Runaways are the children of The Pride, a super-powered crime ring that had control of Los Angeles for many years. After defeating their parents, the Runaways attempt to make up for their parent's sins by fighting crime in Los Angeles, being the city's official protectors.

The Runaways: Nico and Karolina destined pair?

The_Deadly_Koi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By The_Deadly_Koi

***First of all I would like to state I went through most of The Runaway's forum, but I didnt find this topic. If I AM repeating the topic PLEASE let me know. I find it strange this hasnt been brought up before.***

I have been reading Marvels The Ruanways since it first began with Brian Vaughan and Adrian Alphona. I dont Know about you, but it seemed their were plenty of signs that (in my opinion) should have led up to Nico Minoru and Korolina Dean being together. I also believe that ever since the founding creators left the project that the storyline has been slightly muffled, each new writer changing it to his/her own tale. Which is understandable considering the circumstances. I just feel that the body language between Nico and Karolina is a strong, yet confusing. Im all for Karolina and Xavin. Its just Nico and Karolina were, and still are, the only couple ive ever really WANTED to see make it.

Now with my personal opinions aside: How do you feel about Nico and Karolina as a couple? What did you get from reading the comics? Do you think it was heading in that direction before the new writers jumped on board? etc etc etc

I dont think I need to add this, but just in case theirs ignorant people (Oh wait, its the internet!) NO GAY BASHING!

Avatar image for thestepfordcuckoos
    thestepfordcuckoos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

In my opinion - and I'm setting aside the face that I love Karin or Xavilina (I don't know there couple name) and their whole star crossed lovers relationship - I think that a relationship between Nico and Karolina isn't something that meant in the cards for the two. Firstly their best friends and I don't think that they would over step that line no matter now much Karolina had a crush on Nico. And maybe it could have been something but Karolina married Xavin and she stated when Xavin shifted into Nico that she didn't want Nico anymore even though she was still attracted to her. And Nico stated when Karolina tried to kiss her rejected her out right and then told her that she didn't think that liked girls at all. Thirdly, I think the moment when Nico and Karolina interact they why I think your speaking of it's more truer on Karolina's side then Nico's. I think Nico gets jealous and stressed over a lot of the things that happen to them and sometimes she acts out like she did when Nico kisses Chase after he negotiates their way out of a potentially fatal situation with an interdimensional drug-dealer; which causes a major falling out between Nico and Gert, which also almost destroys the team from the inside. Gert's untimely death sends Nico into the arms of Victor (Mancha), with whom she reveals she has a habit of running to people when distressed.

Srsly, I don't think their personal relationship was every really heading towards Nico and Karolina ever being an "item". But I would like to see Nico evolve more on only in personal relationships but on an emotional level as well as a power level. And for Special-K I hope they bring her and Xavin back together because it felt so wrong that Xavin and Karolina relationship was lengthened and distanced around a galaxy even though even was only trying to protect her wife. Hopefully Karolina uses her one favor granted by Abigail Brand to bring her (Xavin) back to Earth. :D

I hope I actually made a point and made myself clear. :D Great question by the way. <3

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp

Nico loves Alex/Victor/she's straight... So... No...

Avatar image for deadpoolvironfist
    DeadpoolvIronFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeadpoolvIronFist

I would to see that couple. Its definitely one I always thought would happen.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ShadowX

I never thought of them as a couple, more of just as a crush that Karolina had on Nico, and thats all I expected it to stay as.

NorajDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By NorajDawn

@thestepfordcuckoos: I would have to agree with all your points. Nico has never been keen to the idea of them.

The_Deadly_Koi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Deadly_Koi

@thestepfordcuckoos: Great points, Im glad I posted the question, the answers are getting interesting!

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Kairan1979

If Runaways are going to appear in Avengers Academy, maybe we'll see some Carolina / Julie Power?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ReVamp

@Kairan1979 said:

If Runaways are going to appear in Avengers Academy, maybe we'll see some Carolina / Julie Power?

Isn't Karolina still with Xavin?

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kairan1979
    @ReVamp said:

@Kairan1979 said:

Well, Xavin is not on Earth for a long, long time.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ReVamp

@Kairan1979 said:

@ReVamp said:

@Kairan1979 said:

What happened? They're married or soon to be, so I still don't like the idea.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kairan1979
    @ReVamp said:

@Kairan1979 said:

@ReVamp said:

@Kairan1979 said:

What happened? They're married or soon to be, so I still don't like the idea.

He shapeshifted and took Karolina's place when Majesdanians wanted to take her away to punish for their species' war.
    poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By poisonfleur

I love Nico and Karolina yet Xavin is perfect for her. I am so torn

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By soccersss

Nico loves Alex/Victor/Chase... She already admitted she isn't into girls. Anyway I like the pairing Xavin and Karolina. They are good in their own way

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Considering the limited number of issues the title has had, I find it hard to say any relationships are destined or set in stone.

- I'm indifferent on if they somehow end up together, I just wish the series got back on track again

The_Deadly_Koi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Deadly_Koi

@WarMachineMarkV: I think the series has plenty of issues to develop a story line, but considering it changes writers every several months its been mucked up and inconsistent. I totally agree its needs to get back on track.

Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

With the whole trying to date Julie Power I see it hard to come true...

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By karetaker

it happend! lol

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Nico likes Men. She's stated it more than once lol

In Runaways Volume 2 Xavin shapeshifted as Nico trying to get with Karolina, however Karolina declined showing she really loved Xavin, and showing she had to come to turn with getting over her crush on Nico. Yes the two of them are very close, but nothing romantic will ever happen between them.

Besides Karolina is going to be going on a date with Julie Power soon, and it seems to me that if a Runaways series ever returned we could start seeing a lot more of Julie, or possibly Karolina in The Avengers. Well I hope so.

Don't get me wrong I shipped Xavin, and Karolina, however Julie/Karolina seems to have a natural chemistry between them. This has been that way since even before Karolina met Xavin. Sadly they were both in the closet when they first met, well mainly Karolina was. It kinda makes complete sense to pair them together.

The_Deadly_Koi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Deadly_Koi

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

Nico likes Men. She's stated it more than once lol

In Runaways Volume 2 Xavin shapeshifted as Nico trying to get with Karolina, however Karolina declined showing she really loved Xavin, and showing she had to come to turn with getting over her crush on Nico. Yes the two of them are very close, but nothing romantic will ever happen between them.

Besides Karolina is going to be going on a date with Julie Power soon, and it seems to me that if a Runaways series ever returned we could start seeing a lot more of Julie, or possibly Karolina in The Avengers. Well I hope so.

Don't get me wrong I shipped Xavin, and Karolina, however Julie/Karolina seems to have a natural chemistry between them. This has been that way since even before Karolina met Xavin. Sadly they were both in the closet when they first met, well mainly Karolina was. It kinda makes complete sense to pair them together.

Wow, I haven't read the series in such a long time , didn't even know about the Julie Powers thing, guess I need to stop by a a comic shop and catch up!

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#20  Edited By krspaceT

They should rescue Xavin and while s/he marries Karolina, Nico occasionally stays the night.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Nico and Chase to like each other their name shall be Chico. Nico was the mom and chase was the dad. And if they don't bring back Gert then chase gets nico. If they do bring her back they have to bring back alex because he didn't even really die.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.