Follow

Roxanne Starr

Person » Roxanne Starr is credited in 142 issues.

American comic book letterer and all-round amazing gal.

What should I do?

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Roxanne Starr

About a month ago, I wrote on this forum about the graphic novel adaptation of the movie, The Fifth Beatle, the semi-non-fictional story of Brian Epstein that I will be lettering.

The producers are now in the process of casting the film and they have this website with lists that are polls, I guess, where people are kinda voting for who should play Brian and who should play the Beatles. John Simm has far and away the most views for the part of Brian. I don't know who he is, but I googled him and he does look a lot like the Beatles' manger.

Anyway, my question is: "Should I start posting on this movie website? Do you think my presence will sell copies of the GN? (The movie and the GN won't be out for quite awhile.)

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty
    To be honest, I'm not sure.  I don't think your presence on the website would make a huge difference, but from personal experience I know how persuasive you can be to try new comics ;)  But you may as well check out the website anyway :)

John Simm has become a bit of a legend of British telly with roles in Life on Mars & Doctor Who :)

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Roxanne Starr
    @xerox-kitty:

Well, I've never seen his acting but he does look like Brian Epstein.

When was he on Dr. Who? I've seen stuff from a couple of seasons here on PBS (the Public Broadcast Station), but in total, I've only watched maybe 20 episodes. As far as Life on Mars, now that, I can still check out. Thanks!
    cwpolzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By cwpolzel  Moderator

Sounds interesting.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Roxanne Starr said:
    "When was he on Dr. Who? I've seen stuff from a couple of seasons here on PBS (the Public Broadcast Station), but in total, I've only watched maybe 20 episodes."

He plays the Master's latest incarnation at the end of the third series (where Martha Jones was the Doctor's companion). I think it's the episodes Sound of the Drums & Last of the Time Lords.
    Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Roxanne Starr
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Roxanne Starr said:
    "When was he on Dr. Who? I've seen stuff from a couple of seasons here on PBS (the Public Broadcast Station), but in total, I've only watched maybe 20 episodes."

He plays the Master's latest incarnation at the end of the third series (where Martha Jones was the Doctor's companion). I think it's the episodes Sound of the Drums & Last of the Time Lords. "

It took me long enough to answer your post didn't it, xerox-kitty. :)

Anyhow, I still haven't seen Life On Mars, and I'm still lettering that GN. The artwork is taking forever to get to me and Dark Horse is not happy about that at all. :(
    Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Roxanne Starr
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Roxanne Starr said:

He plays the Master's latest incarnation at the end of the third series (where Martha Jones was the Doctor's companion). I think it's the episodes Sound of the Drums & Last of the Time Lords. "

Anyhow, I still haven't seen Life On Mars, and I'm still lettering that GN. The artwork is taking forever to get to me and Dark Horse is not happy about that at all. :(
    Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Roxanne Starr
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Roxanne Starr said:

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Roxanne Starr
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Roxanne Starr said:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.