Follow

Ron Marz

Person » Ron Marz is credited in 1133 issues.

He is a comic writer who has worked for Marvel, DC, Crossgen and Top Cow.

Interview Part 1 for Witchblade's new creative team of Ron Marz, Laura Braga and Betsy Gonia

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

Edited By wmwadeii
    No Caption Provided

I just finished posting the first part of my interview with Ron Marz, Laura Braga, and Betsy Gonia about being the new creative team on Witchblade by Top Cow. You can read a snip-it of the interview along with a few preview images below, and head over to my blog for it in it's entirety.

How does it feel working for a company like Top Cow?

RM: It's been home for me for a decade, so obviously it's a good fit. If you find something that works, you stick with it, so I think it's been a fruitful relationship for everyone involved. Top Cow gives me a lot of freedom in writing their characters, and has trusted me to expand the universe and evolve the characters.

How does it feel to finally be returning to Witchblade after almost 2 years?

RM: Like slipping back into a broken-in pair of jeans. Witchblade turned out to be a good fit for me, especially the character of Sara Pezzini. I definitely feel like I have more Witchblade stories to tell, so I'm very pleased to be getting a chance to tell them.

With Witchblade now in its 170th issue, not to include minis and cross-overs, How new reader friendly do you find issue #170 to be and the book as a whole going forward?

RM: A big part of my job as writer is to make sure the book is accessible. New readers are a vital aspect of keeping a series going. Someone who has never read an issue of Witchblade should be able to pick up #170 and get a pretty good idea of who's who and what's what. If they can't, I've failed in one of the basic responsibilities of the job.

How do you feel their style will look and feel in Sara Pezzini's world?

RM: You don't need me to say anything, the pages speak for themselves.

Read the rest of my Exclusive Interview with Ron Marz at Images Unplugged

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm happy...I can finally start reading Witchblade again

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By wmwadeii

@danhimself: This is an excellent jumping on point. I personally haven't been keeping up with Witchblade much, but this issue was so easy to get into. Now that I'm reading it along with the Darkness I can't wait to see what Ron has planned going into issue 174. If you haven't looked, I've also posted reviews for both the latest Darkness, Artifacts, and of course an early review of Witchblade 170 on my blog as well.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is great news Ron Marz made Witchblade what it is today. That said I hope Top Cow keeps Tom Seely around he did a really good job. Put him on something like Angelus, Necromancer or Magdalena

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wmwadeii: I've read most of the book....started reading it when it first started...dropped it at some point that I don't remember then went back and got all of Ron Marz's stuff then dropped it again when he left the book

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crom_cruach: Yeah I didn't think to ask Ron if he knew what Tom was going to get into. I do know he says that he will not be doing Artifacts anymore, and it's going to be stand alone, so possibly that.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: I have a few early trades, but now that I'm reviewing it I'll probably try to find a few omnibuses and get the full story, especially Marz's run.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@wmwadeii said:

@crom_cruach: Yeah I didn't think to ask Ron if he knew what Tom was going to get into. I do know he says that he will not be doing Artifacts anymore, and it's going to be stand alone, so possibly that.

I really hope Tim Seely isn't put on a small stand alone project. While he has nowhere contributed as much as Marz to witchblade, what he has done since coming into the project was something the Top Cow universe really needed and I hope it won't be tossed aside.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.