Will rogue ever weild the power she once did in xtreme xmen?

Avatar image for datnigga
DATNIGGA

1540

Forum Posts

175

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By DATNIGGA

In Xtreme X men Sage jump started her powers this allowed her to freely permanently use everyone's powers at the sametime when ever she wanted too.

do you think she will she ever come back to that level of power?

Avatar image for revamp
ReVamp

23014

Forum Posts

8330

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp

No, I don't and I sure hope not.

Avatar image for jrock85
jrock85

2882

Forum Posts

2684

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By jrock85

That would be kind of overkill.

Avatar image for dernman
Dernman

26838

Forum Posts

10082

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Dernman

Yup

Avatar image for myramyramyra
MyraMyraMyra

300

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

I hope not, because that would pose multiple problems with writing. Being too powerful is usually a plot hinderance because the writers always have to come up with excuses to why the character couldn't save the day all the time - which is exactly what would happen if Rogue had everyone's powers all the time. I like the power set she has now - full control, and the ability to temporarily absorb multiple powers to a certain limit.

Avatar image for leigh_rogue888
leigh_rogue888

137

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By leigh_rogue888

Didn't she only have the ability to recall due to a skrull absorption or something?

Avatar image for ageofhurricane
AgeofHurricane

7703

Forum Posts

16281

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I just want Ms Marvel Rogue back, tbh.

Avatar image for vance_astro
vance_astro

90094

Forum Posts

51511

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

They should never have let her take Ms.Marvel's powers because now that's the only way we want to see her but Marvel is pushing Ms.Marvel again so I can't see them Rouge her powers again.It's almost like they tried to replace Carol with Rouge and then realized that Carol was more valuable to them.Kind of like how they tried to replace Deadpool with Agent  X but then when they wanted to start pushing Deadpool again they made Agent  X fat and then completely absent from comics.

Avatar image for lifeguard85
Lifeguard85

453

Forum Posts

37655

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Lifeguard85

@Vance Astro: Claremont has stated in interviews that Rogue was created as a way to get rid of Ms. Marvel, because at the time, he did not like the Ms. Marvel character.

I personally would like to see enhanced strength be permanently added to Rogue's power set, I think that has what originally drew me to the character, but I am very glad and will take the full control of her absorption power.

Avatar image for infonation
infonation

1666

Forum Posts

3027

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By infonation

@DATNIGGA: I'd like to see that but it would make her a bit overpowered, even the Silver Surfer would be afraid to take her on!

Avatar image for arcano_19
arcano_19

118

Forum Posts

3

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By arcano_19

yup it was due to the skrull thing

Avatar image for soulstealer
Soulstealer

828

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Soulstealer

@ReVamp said:

No, I don't and I sure hope not.

My answer in a nutshell.

Avatar image for tomchu
tomchu

533

Forum Posts

95

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By tomchu

I think Rogue has come a long way, and how she is now is perfect. Giving her the Carol Danvers persona and powers will pretty much ruin all the work the writers have put in over the years. If you want destroying Marvel history, here is some One More Day and Brand New Day :P

Avatar image for x711
X711

30

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By X711

I Hope So, Considerin the way things are goin with her Fellow X- Leaders, Cyke and Wolvie doggin her all the time... Why Not make her a ONE MAN ARMY! and see what happens and the reactions and how it impacts the Mutant community. Mean Hope isnt the only one who as the potential of being Powerful in the Mutant community. Just saying the Possablities would be AWESOME! I HOPE ROGUE FINDS A WAY TO USE HER POWERS TO THE MAX and KEEP IT! :D

Avatar image for ensabahnurx
EnSabahNurX

2321

Forum Posts

248

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@Lifeguard85 said:

@Vance Astro: Claremont has stated in interviews that Rogue was created as a way to get rid of Ms. Marvel, because at the time, he did not like the Ms. Marvel character.

I personally would like to see enhanced strength be permanently added to Rogue's power set, I think that has what originally drew me to the character, but I am very glad and will take the full control of her absorption power.

I think just adding enhanced strength would be cool it's not overkill and it gives her a natural defense now that her absorption power has lost it's kick

Avatar image for kdarkholme
KDarkholme

344

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By KDarkholme

She is fine either way. I would like to see her have super strength back though.

Avatar image for poisonfleur
poisonfleur

4520

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By poisonfleur

I don't think so. It would upstage Hope Summers... and Marvel can't allow that. lol

I think Rouge's best moments where when she had super strength, durability, and flight (Ms. Marvel's)

The current version of Rogue reminds me too much of the movie version.

No Big Hair, No Superman-like Powers, No Southern Flair, No Gambit, No Jacket.

I miss that. :(

Avatar image for ageofhurricane
AgeofHurricane

7703

Forum Posts

16281

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Rogue's new costume. :(

Sorry about that.

Avatar image for duke_nasty
Duke_Nasty

1021

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Duke_Nasty

@poisonfleur said:

I don't think so. It would upstage Hope Summers... and Marvel can't allow that. lol

I think Rouge's best moments where when she had super strength, durability, and flight (Ms. Marvel's)

The current version of Rogue reminds me too much of the movie version.

No Big Hair, No Superman-like Powers, No Southern Flair, No Gambit, No Jacket.

I miss that. :(

I miss X-Men TAS Rogue.

Avatar image for poisonfleur
poisonfleur

4520

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By poisonfleur

@Duke_Nasty said:

@poisonfleur said:

I don't think so. It would upstage Hope Summers... and Marvel can't allow that. lol

I think Rouge's best moments where when she had super strength, durability, and flight (Ms. Marvel's)

The current version of Rogue reminds me too much of the movie version.

No Big Hair, No Superman-like Powers, No Southern Flair, No Gambit, No Jacket.

I miss that. :(

I miss X-Men TAS Rogue.

Yea!!^^ She was spunky and fresh! R.I.P. TAS Rogue. );

Avatar image for cosmiccelest
Cosmiccelest

181

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ithink Rogue gaining control over her power and further growing it is a most if we hope to get any character development from her. Rogue has been a leader of atleast 2 teams and she still lacks control over her power. For me to take Rogue seriously as a leader she needs some control over her power. Kitty, Cyclops, Emma, storm, etc who have all been leaders of team have control over their powers and they are some of the best leaders out there.

Storywise you could easily make her the New Head Mistress of Xavier school. She would fit the bill perfectly in order to help all the students further their power growth especially if she had control over her power.

1. She would be able to get a better understanding of how their power works. By having their powers you understand the limits and abilities better.

2. She can train alongside them. Allow them see first hand what their powers are capable of without the fear of going out of control.

Also Rogue would be able to fit in just about any book if this was the case. So there should logically be no excuse for not being able to find a place for her in a marvel comic. As far as her being OP that isn't going happen. The stronger Rogue becomes the stronger her villains should become. That is simple logic. You don't have Thor face a street level opponent. There are a crap ton of cosmic threats in the marvel Universe to make Rogue's villains. It isn't like Rogue becomes the Phoenix and can destroy the Universe LOL.

Also people forget Rogue doesn't just absorb powers but also Psyches. So Rogue isn't going to be absorbing millions and millions of people unless she wants to go insane. Beyond that it could easily be used as a way to keep her check. Simply make it a rule she only absorbs 10 powers max at once because that is all the psyches she could contain, until she train her mind more, without going insane. This way you show more of the potential of her power without keeping her in a stasis state like they have pretty much done since she has been introduced.

I don't feel like any writers has written Rogue as Rogue should be written.

1. Rogue at this point in the game should pretty much have way better control over her powers especially seeing as how much she complains about not being able to touch others. We know for a fact telepaths can help with her touch problem as it is mental.

2. With every psyche Rogue absorb her personality should begin to exhibit certain traits of those she has absorbed.

I get people love Ms. Marvel Rogue but at this point we already have 2 Ms. Marvels and a She-Hulk to fill those roles. I wanna see something new from Rogue that changes the game for her. We have seen Jean, Emma and Cyclops grow but not really Rogue.

Avatar image for xelossik
Xelossik

41

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cosmiccelest:

>>>>>>>>>> For me to take Rogue seriously as a leader she needs some control over her power. Kitty, Cyclops, Emma, storm, etc who have all been leaders of team have control over their powers and they are some of the best leaders out there.

Cyclops can't control his powers. He needs his visor. He is the best leader.

>>>>>>>>>> Rogue has been a leader of atleast 2 teams and she still lacks control over her power.

more like 10

>>>>>>>>>> 1. Rogue at this point in the game should pretty much have way better control over her powers especially seeing as how much she complains about not being able to touch others. We know for a fact telepaths can help with her touch problem as it is mental.

We know for a fact telepaths can't help her.

Telepaths and Cerebra can help her when she doesn't have additional powers.

>>>>>>>>>> I get people love Ms. Marvel Rogue but at this point we already have 2 Ms. Marvels and a She-Hulk to fill those roles. I wanna see something new from Rogue that changes the game for her. We have seen Jean, Emma and Cyclops grow but not really Rogue.


Rogue had different powers than Ms Marvel. She had Sunfire powers for few years. Rogue had more growth than majority of X-men characters. I think that only Cyclops(from Your list) can rival her. You should compare how different Rogue was in 80s compared to 90s or 2005+.

Avatar image for cosmiccelest
Cosmiccelest

181

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@xelossik said:

@cosmiccelest:

>>>>>>>>>> For me to take Rogue seriously as a leader she needs some control over her power. Kitty, Cyclops, Emma, storm, etc who have all been leaders of team have control over their powers and they are some of the best leaders out there.

Cyclops can't control his powers. He needs his visor. He is the best leader.

>>>>>>>>>> Rogue has been a leader of atleast 2 teams and she still lacks control over her power.

more like 10

>>>>>>>>>> 1. Rogue at this point in the game should pretty much have way better control over her powers especially seeing as how much she complains about not being able to touch others. We know for a fact telepaths can help with her touch problem as it is mental.

We know for a fact telepaths can't help her.

Telepaths and Cerebra can help her when she doesn't have additional powers.

>>>>>>>>>> I get people love Ms. Marvel Rogue but at this point we already have 2 Ms. Marvels and a She-Hulk to fill those roles. I wanna see something new from Rogue that changes the game for her. We have seen Jean, Emma and Cyclops grow but not really Rogue.

Rogue had different powers than Ms Marvel. She had Sunfire powers for few years. Rogue had more growth than majority of X-men characters. I think that only Cyclops(from Your list) can rival her. You should compare how different Rogue was in 80s compared to 90s or 2005+.

1. Yes cyclops doesn't have full control over his power but he still has wayyyyyyyyyyyy more control than Rogue. Rogue can't touch someone without there being a chance she will be overwhelmed by their personality like in the recent Uncanny comics when she absorbed Graviton and had to be talked down from further destruction.

2. Xavier alone was able to use telepathy to help Rogue touch people freely. Go read X-men Legacy.

3. The only powers Rogue permanently absorbed during her entire time is Ms. marvel, Wonderman and Sunfire. She also only had Sunfire powers for a second before the writers got rid of them. Wonderman and Ms. marvel are one in the same. Super Strength and Flight is how Rogue uses them.

Avatar image for xelossik
Xelossik

41

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By Xelossik

@cosmiccelest:

1 ) So what? She needs skills to lead people. She can control her powers but she doesn't need to.

2) X-men Legacy Issue 224:

Xavier - "It's ironic. I came here to cure Rogue. You to use her as a weapon. But in the end You diagnosed her condition -- and its cause -- with more insight than I ever showed."

She was needed.

3 ) That was longer than majority of comic series right now.:D

but I can agree that Rogue usually has super strength/flying or not

Avatar image for rogue1812
rogue1812

16

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@datnigga said:

In Xtreme X men Sage jump started her powers this allowed her to freely permanently use everyone's powers at the sametime when ever she wanted too.

do you think she will she ever come back to that level of power?

I am completely sure that we will ever see her do that again.

that is a natural characteristic of his pedophiles, so to speak his power fully developed.

Besides, she did this before Sage gave her that advance.

So the answer is yes, at some point we will see it again.

Avatar image for rogue1812
rogue1812

16

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By rogue1812

Another thing, Rogue when she has control of her powers has no problems with psyches, because she was simply selective, she chose to absorb.

Rogue, even without control has more control than Cyke, of hehco when Rogue absorbed Cyke's pedestals if she controlled them, Scott is useless in control, he has NOTHING of control over his powers.

Rogue only occasionally is overwhelmed by personalities, but the powers she absorbs always controls them well, many times better than the original owners.

When Rogue was (and will be at some point again) in control, he had more control than any other mutant with his powers, and he did it in record time, again Scott does not control his powers at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.