Whose powers does Rogue have in the latest issues of comics?

AlisaBoscon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AlisaBoscon

[please, don't read any further if you don't want any spoilers on Uncanny Avengers #21 - Avenge the Earth Part Four, Uncanny Avengers #22 - Avenge the Earth, Conclusion and Uncanny Avengers #22 - Rogue Won, Uncanny Avengers #23 - Coda]

in Uncanny Avengers Rogue has absorbed powers of many Avengers and X-Men in order to help to defeat Celestial. After Scarlet Witch helped Rogue to release all the powers, only Wonder Man was trapped in her body for a while. After kissing Deadpool and absorbing his healing factor, Rogue, somehow, managed to release Simon, but even after that she could still fly and was super strong. That's why i think that she kept his powers somehow and still has them, but i'm unsure and i would like to hear the right answer, so please correct me if i'm wrong or tell me if i'm right. Whose powers does Rogue have in the latest issues of comics?

I only know that Rogue is participating in Uncanny Avengers at the moment, which is still being released, but if there is another comic releasing these days where she has different powers, please tell me about that too.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Just her own iirc.

AlisaBoscon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AlisaBoscon

@avenging_x_bolt: but Rogue has no powers on her own, only the power to absorb other powers, memories, skills and etc., doesn't she? I always thought that if she ever had super strength or flight, it must've been absorbed from someone. Originally, when her mutant powers first manifested, she never had any super strength, stamina or flight, until she absorbed somebody's powers.

on her Comic Vine page it says that she formerly could recall any power that she has absorbed in the past, but it is listed in her former abilities, just where Ms Marvel's powers are too. That proves that she couldn't recall or keep Carol's powers, and they couldn't have been her powers too.

on her current abilities it is said that she has obtained ionic powers of Wonder Man due to the fact that he was trapped inside her body. But there is nothing said about him being released out of her body, which recently happened. She still kept super strength, stamina and flight, even after Simon was reeased. That's why i wanted to make this question - i'm not entirely sure if she kept his powers or someone else's?.. if she kept his powers, how could Simon still have them? Rogue does not copy powers; if she has, for example, Logan's healing factor, he cannot heal as long as she obtains it.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

@alisaboscon: wonder man left her body very recently in the current volume of Uncanny Avengers but I'm not sure if she still has any of his power

AlisaBoscon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AlisaBoscon

@avenging_x_bolt: me too... but in the images that i attached to the question it is shown that Rogue can still fly with Wonder Man standing beside her, meaning she must have somehow kept his powers. Or are they really his?.. in a few issues after Simon was released from her body, she was still displaying her ability to fly and super strength, lifting a giant rock.

Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alisaboscon: Just because Rogue Drains someone of their power doesn't mean that person still doesn't possess the powers. That has never been the case. Rogue powers work on different levels.

1. She absorbs the energy of others. Considered her death touch.

2. She replicates the powers and sometimes DNA structure of others.

3. She absorbs their Psyche and replicates it within her mind.

AlisaBoscon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AlisaBoscon

@cosmiccelest: i'm sorry, but i always thought that if Rogue absorbs someone, the person doesn't have exactly the amount of memories/powers/etc. that she has absorbed and for exactly the time she has absorbed it. At least, that was the case with Ms Marvel, wasn't it? When Rogue absorbed Carol, she had a huge conciousness & memory loss, not even mentioning her losing her powers for quite a while, while Rogue literally had Carol inside her head, she even took over her body sometimes. That's why i always thought that if Rogue, for example, drains 60% of someone's powers, that someone will only keep 40% as long as the powers are not returned back? So she can share powers with somebody, but they both will only have a part of the power? Excuse me if i understood you wrong.

this still doesn't really explain the case with Simon to me... she absorbed him when she fought Celestial, which happened at least a few weeks before she released him. More than that - she absorbed not only his powers, but also his bdy into herself, which i don't quite understand, must be something to do with his ionic powers that allow him to take pure energy form. So... i thought that after such time, moreover - with him being fully released out of her body, she should not have retained his powers - but it seems like she did somehow.

Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alisaboscon: Ms. Marvel recovered a couple of months or weeks after the incident with Rogue. I know it was less than a year but not exactly how long. However Rogue still maintained Ms. Marvel abilities and Psyche. The reason Ms. Marvel was out of it was because Rogue held on to long. That is why Ms. Marvel went into a coma and Rogue retained her powers permanently.

No Caption Provided

Rogue held onto to Ms. Marvel to long which would have killed a normal human but with Ms. Marvel it simply seriously damaged her. However over time she did recover. If I am not mistaken she recovers in the same issue. However Xavier even states Carol memories was still inside of her just buried deep down. So Rogue didn't suck them out of Carol and left her with nothing.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So Carol herself wasn't in Rogue but rather her Persona/personality. So Carols thoughts and Memory didn't leave her body Rogue simply got somewhat of a copy. Something like Data transfer. Like transferring Data from a Flash Drive to a computer. Or Vice Versa. In this case Rogue would be the Flash Drive which has a virus and Carol a computer. When you hook the Flash drive up to the computer you can transfer data from the computer to the Flash Drive however the virus from the Flash Drive can transfer to the copy messing it up. The virus begins to corrupt data and make you computer process things slower, etc. Hope this example made sense?

Also Rogues draining touch and replication power don't always have to happen at the same time. She can drain someone without gaining anything and she can gain something without draining people. However since Rogue has no control over her power 99% of the time both happen. That is like a huge part of her story.

To give you a better understanding of her power I will refer you to this site which has her absorption list.

https://uncannyxmen.net/character-related-topics/rogues-absorption-list

Also Rogue still had Ms. Marvel abilities while Carol became Binary and same with Rogue and Simon. So Rogue having others abilities don't stop them from being able to use them. However 9/10 times her drain touch will either knock them out or weaken them. However that has nothing to do with Rogue having their abilities. However you also have occasions when Rogue has stolen abilities from others and stopped them from using it. However that isn't always the case.

Bringing me to the point of Rogues powers work on so many different levels. However most of it is due to the fact the writers keep her in a state on uncontrollably.

Rogue also retains the powers and Psyches of those she absorbed forever no matter how long the touch. This can be seen in Xtreme X men when Sage brings out the potential of her power allowing her to tap into any power or psyche she previously absorbed. The again in X men Legacy when Xavier enters her mind and destroys the Psyches of everyone else in her head allowing her to freely touch. Hope also cured Rogue of all the previous psyches she absorbed when she was on Strain 88 virus. However since Rogue lacks control she hasn't reach that stage yet.

You have to really read up on Rogue to truly understand. When I say read up I mean actually read the comics. No Wikia. The best comics to read are within the Absorption link list I provided. Most are on Marvel unlimited if you got it.

Xelossik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alisaboscon:
> i'm sorry, but i always thought that if Rogue absorbs someone, the person doesn't have exactly the amount of memories/powers/etc. that she has absorbed and for exactly the time she has absorbed it. At least, that was the case with Ms Marvel, wasn't it?

Actually Carol was unique. She is the only one who lost memories/emotions.

Rogue actually can fly/has super strenght and super durability

> this still doesn't really explain the case with Simon to me... she absorbed him when she fought Celestial, which happened at least a few weeks before she released him.

more than 8 months( Uncanny Avengers vol 3 starts 8 months after Uncanny Avengers vol 2). Actually all Marvel books had this time skip after Secret Wars(2015) event.

> More than that - she absorbed not only his powers, but also his bdy into herself, which i don't quite understand, must be something to do with his ionic powers that allow him to take pure energy form. So... i thought that after such time, moreover - with him being fully released out of her body, she should not have retained his powers - but it seems like she did somehow.

http://marvel.com/characters/48/rogue

Such transfers lasted for 60 times longer than the contact time, with extended contact resulting in the possibility of permanent absorption.

She should be able to use his powers for many years. (because of this 8 month time skip)

also... he doesn't have a body because he is only enegy being. Not human.

AlisaBoscon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AlisaBoscon

> Actually Carol was unique. She is the only one who lost memories/emotions.

i know that after the incident with Ms Marvel Rogue did her best not to absorb anyone as much as she absorbed Carol, but... was Carol actually the only one? What about Cody Robbins? Sunfire, that got absorbed while dying (not too sure if it's from Earth-616)? What about the time when Rogue was infected with Strain 88 virus that caused her to instantly kill anyone who she touched? While being infected, she absorbed 8 000 000 000 entities a nurse that accidentally touched her - if Ms Marvel got her memory lost and still survived, i doubt that a woman who was absorbed completely could still keep her memory.

> Such transfers lasted for 60 times longer than the contact time, with extended contact resulting in the possibility of permanent absorption.

> She should be able to use his powers for many years. (because of this 8 month time skip)

thank you, but... i'm still kinda confused. These 8 months were months that she obtained his powers. She did not absorb him for 8 months straight. So how exactly do these 8 months grant her his powers for many years?..

also, if he is only an energy being, how can Rogue... absorb him? I thought she could only absorb living beings that have body?

sorry if that all sounds stupid - i'm not very educated in Marvel Comics, didn't read every single issue starring Rogue, and i know even less about Simon and how he works.

rogue1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alisaboscon:

> Actually Carol was unique. She is the only one who lost memories/emotions.

i know that after the incident with Ms Marvel Rogue did her best not to absorb anyone as much as she absorbed Carol, but... was Carol actually the only one? What about Cody Robbins? Sunfire, that got absorbed while dying (not too sure if it's from Earth-616)? What about the time when Rogue was infected with Strain 88 virus that caused her to instantly kill anyone who she touched? While being infected, she absorbed 8 000 000 000 entities a nurse that accidentally touched her - if Ms Marvel got her memory lost and still survived, i doubt that a woman who was absorbed completely could still keep her memory.

> Such transfers lasted for 60 times longer than the contact time, with extended contact resulting in the possibility of permanent absorption.

> She should be able to use his powers for many years. (because of this 8 month time skip)

thank you, but... i'm still kinda confused. These 8 months were months that she obtained his powers. She did not absorb him for 8 months straight. So how exactly do these 8 months grant her his powers for many years?..

also, if he is only an energy being, how can Rogue... absorb him? I thought she could only absorb living beings that have body?

sorry if that all sounds stupid - i'm not very educated in Marvel Comics, didn't read every single issue starring Rogue, and i know even less about Simon and how he works.

I think they're confused.

In the cases that Rogue absorbed someone permanently, it was permanent, only clean of the staff of power, by means, far-fetched and external, not because "she spent the power" because it was not so, the power was permanently printed in her DNA .

The powers of Wonderman, are permanent and will be part of it forever, unless they create a story where she for some external cause loses the template of power, not that she will lose them by use, because it is not like that, It is not how your powers work.

They also take into account the following cases.

1) Rogue with control of his powers, could permanently remove the power to another person, without needing to absorb the psyche, she did this several times in XML, and only renounced the power when she wanted.

She threatened Hellion to leave him depowered.

And when she absorbed Wonderman, she did not have a prolonged contact, she only had a contact of a couple of seconds to absorb ALL THE POWER, from Wonderman Hulk Cap Marvel (Carol), Hyperion and all the heroes of the planet.

2) In AOA She took out half of Polaris' power, and she held those powers for many years, without wearing them down, literally until she died in X-Force.

3) In X-Men The End, written by Claremont, the creator of Rogue, Rogue died to the full potential of all his powers, had the control of the absorption, she could channel powers absorbed in the past, and had permanently the flying brick powerset.

4) In the futuristic story with the great-great-grandson of Dr. Strange, BetaBR and Rogue, hundreds of years had passed, and Rogue obviously had the power of Wonderman permanent, and mentioned that he had the gift of Wolverine's power, this may be because he also absorbed to Logan permanently, that I do not believe, or rather that he learned to channel the powers absorbed in the past, something logistical, and as it is a futuristic story we see a Rogue in full control of his powers and developed potential.

5) There is a Rogue that appeared a couple of times in 616, because it was a kind of Angel of Death, traveling through dimensions and offering to dying mutants, letting them die, or offering them to permanently absorb their powers and their memories, and thus live forever through Rogue.

But Rogue never lost a permanent power, for using it a lot, or for the passage of time, that is a lie, and totally false, the only times that Rogue lost the absorbed permanent powers, were due to unexplained or special causes.

But in general, when Rogue absorbs a permanent power, is part of it, in theory forever, and does not suffer from wear, since she has all that potential as part of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.